Islanders 2011

Discussion in 'Puerto Rico FC' started by Intru, Jan 6, 2011.

1. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  2. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Islanders sign Costa Rican midfielder Leonardo Ly, and loan out Honduran midfielder Junior Sandoval to the Atlanta Silverbacks.

3. Catracho_Azul

Catracho_Azul Member+

Jun 16, 2008
    New Orleans
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Nat'l Team:
    Honduras
    how has Junior Sandoval been for the Islanders?? haven't heard much of him.

4. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    You haven't heard anything cause he was out on injury for almost all of last year, he got injured only having played maybe 4 games. He was very promising before the injury, now we have to see how he recovers over at Atlanta.

5. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  6. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    New striker:

http://nasl.com/index.php?id=3&newsid=329

7. I-Got-The-BLUES

May 1, 2006
    Orlando, Florida.
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Jamaica
    Gregory, extremely talented and quick forward. Probably the only Guyanese player I've ever been impressed with, excellent pick up! Haven't seen him play in the USA, but when he was playing in TnT for Joe Public, he was incredible!

8. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Good to know. Islanders have a pretty good team upfront now.

9. leeka

leeka Member

Feb 7, 2009
    Bayamón PR
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
  10. Peruco83

Peruco83 Member+

May 8, 2005
    Hamden, CT
    Islanders made the cover of ESPN Deportes magazine, congrats!

[​IMG]

11. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    [​IMG]

The boys that made the trip to Suriname:

Adrian Whitbread, Kevon Villaroel, Osei Telesford, Joseph Salem, Gregory Richardson, Aaron Pitchkolan, Jay Needham, Cody Laurendi, Scott Jones, David Foley, Jonathan Faña, Noah Delgado, Jamie Cunningham, Christian Cotto, Ray Burse, Colin Clarke, Matthew Bouraee y Nicholas Addlery.

12. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Who didn't? (outside of the injured ones, of course)

13. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Martin , Emory, Schaik, Ly, Hansen. I didn't put Martinez in the list that traveld but he is there.

It seems Noah and Telesford have recovered from their injury.

14. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I know the MLS / NASL / USL rules are different. But, do we think the Islanders will lose any players or pick up any players when the transfer window opens in July?

We have a handful of players that other teams (premier / D1) teams would like. With the transfer window just around the corner and after reading about all of the team changing going on in Europe, I was wondering if anyone thought there would be gains or losses for PRI.

15. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Id love to have a team buy a player from us. Would be awesome for the FO to learn what selling a payer means.

However, I dont recall any recent event where a team buys a player from us halfway in the summer, so I doubt it highly.

16. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Josh Hansen with a torn ACL; likely out for season.

17. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tough break for Josh. He worked hard to overcome his prior injury. What a great goal before he was injured. Sorry to see him done for the year. Hopefully, this will be the end to the injury bug that has hurt our consistency this year.

18. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Addlery is also out for most of the remaining season, Velez looks like he could be back next week, here hoping, he will play against Mayaguez tomorrow.

19. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Got to attend the Tampa Bay game and talk with the injured Islanders as they walked around the stadium visiting with the fans. Marco and Alexi worked on fitness prior to the team warmup. They are working hard to get back in the lineup. It looked like it hurt Nick to walk. That is a real shame. Not only is he a great striker, but a really nice guy to talk with. So is Josh Hansen. He is still on crutches.

Also got to visit with a former Islander, Fabrice Noel. He is rehabbing from knee surgery in Puerto Rico. I can think of a lot worse places to rehab. It would be nice to see him in an Islander jersey next year.

We played very well against Tampa, just couldn't get that second goal. It was good to see the team moving the ball the way they did. Got to find that groove before Metapan.

20. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Alexis will play against Mayaguez too

21. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    Islanders have sign up Toyota of Puerto Rico as a sponsor. Also in the firendly against Mayaguez there where to trialists.

22. crazy al

crazy al Member

Dec 11, 2005
    Fort Worth, TX
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If anyone saw the game in Mayaguez, how did Alexi and Marco play? Also who were the trialists and how did they look?

23. jcm28

jcm28 Member

Apr 12, 2009
    Puerto Rico
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Puerto Rico
    Good question. Cant wait to have them back since our defense hasnt been very good this year.

24. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    You can't wait to have Alexis back? He's absolutely horrible. He's easily the worst defender on the team and the only reason he's proably still in the squad is beause he's Puerto Rican and has been with the team for a while. He's just lounging on his status as an Islanders player to get girls at clubs. He contributes nothing.

I talked about the defense before the start of the season and everyone was telling me the defense was great and set.......... Uhuh. Do you miss Arrieta yet?

25. Intru

Intru Member

Mar 16, 2006
    Rochester, NY
    Club:
    Puerto Rico Islanders
    The defense was set! Then Jones got injured and Velez and Needham and the defense is no longer set. Alxis has been used more in the midfield the last couple of years as he seem more comfortable in that position. Arrieta is a great right back but I think Martinez has nothing to be envious about and his way younger so he has more chance of improving. To bad he will probably be gone next year.