Islam

Discussion in 'Spirituality & Religion' started by Pro-Freedom, Apr 24, 2017.

1. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  2. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  3. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "Take advantage of five before five: Your youth before your old age, your health before your illness, your riches before your poverty, your free time before your preoccupation, and your life before your death."

4. roby

roby Member+

SIRLOIN SALOON FC, PITTSFIELD MA
    Feb 27, 2005
    So Cal
    Only if the Sun is over the yardarm!

5. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    I don't understand what your saying.

6. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Islam encourages people not to be racist.

"O people! We have created you from a man and a woman and made you into peoples and tribes so that you may know each other, verily the most honorable among you in the sight of God are the most pious." (Quran 49:13)

The Messenger of Allah, peace and blessings be upon him, said: "O people, Remember that your Lord is One. An Arab has no superiority over a non-Arab nor a non-Arab has any superiority over an Arab; also a black has no superiority over white, nor a white has any superiority over black, except by piety and good action. Indeed the best among you is the one with the best character."

The Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) also said: "God does not look at your shapes and bodies but He looks at your hearts."

7. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    “I’m not an atheist and I don’t think I can call myself a pantheist. We are in the position of a little child entering a huge library filled with books in many different languages. The child knows someone must have written those books. It does not know how. It does not understand the languages in which they are written. The child dimly suspects a mysterious order in the arrangement of the books but doesn’t know what it is. That, it seems to me, is the attitude of even the most intelligent human being toward God. We see a universe marvelously arranged and obeying certain laws, but only dimly understand these laws. Our limited minds cannot grasp the mysterious force that moves the constellations.”

― Albert Einstein

8. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    "The life of this world is only the enjoyment of deception" Quran 3:185

9. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  10. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  11. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    “At some future period, not very distant as measured by centuries, the civilised races of man will almost certainly exterminate and replace throughout the world the savage races. At the same time the anthropomorphous apes, as Professor Schaaffhausen has remarked, will no doubt be exterminated. The break will then be rendered wider, for it will intervene between man in a more civilised state as we may hope, than the Caucasian and some ape as low as a baboon, instead of as at present between the negro or Australian and the gorilla.” ― Charles Darwin, The Descent of Man

[​IMG]

12. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Jihad refers to warfare or struggle and it has severe edict and ruling just like any government's rules of engagement. Many might be surprised to know that the rules of jihad establishedf by the Prophet are to a greater extent more strict than any other nations' current rules of war. What we see today of driving cars into innocent people is madness not jihad.

13. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Like sex slaves.

14. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Can you name any pre-modern army that didn't take its prisoners as slaves?
    Slavery was a social and economic reality that could not have been prohibited all at once. But yet in this too the Prophet Peace be upon him did what no other leader did, which was set hard limits on it, set rules for it, and make it an act of piety to free slaves.

"Your slave must eat of the same that you eat and wear the same as you wear. And do not say 'my slave' or 'my master,' for the only master is Allah and we are all His slaves."

Slaves from war in reality were indentured servants who could buy their freedom. Harming them was prohibited and an owner can be taken to court and sued for harm.

15. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    You and your religion find (sex) slavery acceptable. Nuff said.

Muhammad, great guy, raped a 9 year old.

16. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Now I'm terminating this convo. Good bye.

17. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  18. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Narrated 'Aisha:
    that the Prophet married her when she was six years old and he consummated his marriage when she was nine years old, and then she remained with him for nine years (i.e., till his death). (Sahih Al-Bukhari, Volume 7, Book 62, Number 64; see also Numbers 65 and 88)

Narrated Aisha, Ummul Mu'minin:
    The Prophet (peace_be_upon_him) used to kiss her and suck her tongue when he was fasting. (Sunan Abu Dawud, Book 13, Number 2380)

:sick:

19. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  20. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
  21. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Incredible recitation

22. JC-14

JC-14 Member+

Jan 28, 2010
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Netherlands
    Islam doesn't change. You still think it's okay.

23. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    Wonderful recitation by young African kid

24. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    It is out of His Mercy that He has put for you night and day, that you may rest therein (i.e. during the night) and that you may seek of His Bounty (i.e. during the day), and in order that you may be grateful. [Quran 28:73]

25. Pro-Freedom

Pro-Freedom Member

Apr 3, 2017
    “And your god is one God. There is no deity [worthy of worship] except Him, the Entirely Merciful, the Especially Merciful.”[Quran 2:163]