Isaac Acuna in Guatemala

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by Dave Marino-Nachison, Apr 13, 2010.

1. Minnesota FC 518

May 22, 2008
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    are they saying how long the suspension is for? either way, not very smart of him when he's trying to break into the team to have this be something that has happened multiple times.

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it is only for 1 week.

3. Mglnbea

Mglnbea Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Northern California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, it sounds like you are in construction, an air traffic controller, or a kindergarten teacher! :D

Which one?

4. SoccerKowboy

SoccerKowboy BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 13, 2007
    Virginia, USA
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Long-haul truck driver??

5. ...In my defense

Feb 11, 2006
    As someone else mentioned, the suspension is only for a week.

6. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well his banishment from the first team has extended for a second week as he is not in the squad for Club América's game against Pachuca tonight.

He did play 90 minutes for the U20/reserve team in a 3-2 win over their Pachuca counterparts earlier today.

7. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acuña is back in the first team at Club América. He was a stoppage time substitute in a midweek 2-2 draw with San Luis and came in during the 62nd minute during today's 5-3 loss to Jaguares.

8. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Club América's Apertura came to an end yesterday. The finished second from bottom. Acuña made six substitute appearances for the first team covering 71 minutes. He also picked a yellow in one start for the U20/reserve team.

9. EXALIFTIN

EXALIFTIN Member+

Nov 23, 2010
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't want him anymore.

11. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isaac Acuña made his Merida debut playing the last 10 minutes in their Clausura opening 2-0 win at home against Necaxa. The internet seems to suggest that the move is actually a loan.

Acuña is part of the squad for the upcoming U-23 camp.

12. comoesa

comoesa Member+

Aug 13, 2010
    Christen Press's armpit
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hmm, this seems like a step backwards.

He was loaned out to Querétaro, a top division side, and was doing okay. Now he is coming off the bench for a second division side?

What gives.

13. m vann

m vann Moderator
    Staff Member

Colorado Rapids, Celtic FC, & Louisville City
    Sep 10, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he just made this move in the last week and he missed most if not all of their preseason. It was the first game of the season, I wouldn't throw caution into the wind just yet. It may take a couple of games to earn himself a starting spot.

14. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MODS: Thread title should indicate he's at Merida

15. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I hope the US makes it to London!

I hope Ike makes the qualifying roster. Sounds like he has a unique combo of size and skill and his ability to play possession soccer fits what Caleb wants.

But I wanna see how he does with the 23s before I pencil him into the London roster, especially given how tight the competition for those spots will be.

17. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think he is much better than Duka.

18. proud cockerel

proud cockerel New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

based off what? every time duka gets called up he impresses. called up to u20's, scores in his first qualifying game against jamaica. called up to u20 world cup, scores against Cameroon. called to travel with the team last summer, scores against real madrid reserves. called into olympic camp, scores again. called to u23 camp, and he just had an assist and played very well as per ives and others that were there. every time he's given the chance he has impressed, but unfortunately for him, he does not have the pr agents that some of the others do.

19. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Duka is a good player and kind of reminds me of Dempsey but Acuna has better skill/vision and that goal against Cameroon was from a cross. Lets see who does better in the camp but my bet is on Acuna. I've seen Isaac play with Querataro and America a few times.

20. proud cockerel

proud cockerel New Member

May 21, 2010
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

Fair enough. I guess we disagree but we'll see. I just hope they all get a fair look, and that their performances take precedence over all of the media hype you hear on this board and others. And while his goal against cameroon is debatable, he assisted the one before that, and took the free kick that led to the first goal. This after they left him on the bench against germany and we got trounced. He's more of a set up man than a goal-scorer anyway.

21. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Duka and think he has a decent future. I think we probaly would've done a little better in the U20 WC 2009 if Duka, Corona, and Acuna played in every game for us.

22. autobus39

autobus39 Member+

Jun 28, 2006
    Scranton, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Acuña played 73 minutes yesterday as Mérida drew at home against Correcaminos UAT 1-1 in the second leg of their quarterfinal series. The result was note enough and Mérida was eliminated on aggregate by a 3-1 scoreline. Acuña was an unused sub in the first leg and only played 65 minutes during 5 substitute appearances in the regular season.

23. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  24. Testudo

Testudo Member+

Jan 29, 1999
    Arlington, VA