Isaác Brizuela at Atlas

Discussion in 'Yanks Abroad' started by EXALIFTIN, May 28, 2013.

1. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Doing very well, scored again today. Our scouting is shit. So are the youth coaches. No one in the media ever gives a damn about the youth teams. Liga MX teams will continue to poach talent from SoCal as youth players leave without MLS being compensated. 35k a year or make more in Mexico with better coaching and pro environment?

Dual nationals are fine, but it's time we start relying more on our system than Germany's.

2. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what does this have to do with Brizuela? He was born in the US and appears to have left at about age 2. He grew up in Mexico and only recently let out that he was a US citizen.

3. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is he cap tied to Mexico at this point, or is there still a chance he ends up with the US?

4. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He played in the Gold Cup for Mexico, so he is gone.

LGRod repped this.
  5. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This part. Ramos didn't even know who Alonso Hernandez was until late. We integrate these Mex-Americans from start at the U-15 and U-17 NT. And we'd have a better chance getting them down the road. It's not about forcing them to play for USA, it's scouting better to give them an option. Hugo Perez and Javier Perez seem competent. Richie Williams and Tab Ramos not so much.

It is true he let that slip before the Gold Cup for leverage. To get Mexico to cap him already.

20 year from now we'll still be relying on the German fed to produce players for us. I hope not.

6. BostonRed

BostonRed Member+

Oct 9, 2011
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What I've read said that Brizuela didn't tell FMF the truth... If the player doesn't let the word out and doesn't contact the fed to express interest, what can they do? In no way is that a failure of the US scouting system and if you want to have that discussion, find another thread.

Tom Collingsworth repped this.
  7. jimmy2823

jimmy2823 Member

Nov 10, 2011
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well the US seems more interested in attracting germans who have not played a single minute professionally instead of established mexican americans

8. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Besides Brizuela, which of the Mexican-Americans are any good? If you consider Arriola to be a Mexican-American, then he is one. Yarbrough is another one. Otherwise, I can't think of anyone.

9. BS49

BS49 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Drinking a beer
    Club:
    CF Atlas Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Ponce is playing good right now for Toluca and might make Mexico's team for the World Cup. Brizuela is one of the top 5 players playing in Mexico right now. He will be Mexico's breakout star this summer along with Carlos Pena. I would bet he will be in Europe this fall.

10. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I don't disagree. Besides three or four of them, there aren't many good Mexican-American's. That is the point that I am trying to make.

11. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003

This kid is by far the best mexican-american player out there and it is no coincidence that all of his development has happened in mexico.

Until the MLS starts developing better talent, the US will have to be content with the mexican-american players that Mexico does not want.

12. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Did Mexico not want Arriola?

Its simply not true that all Mexican-American players will pick Mexico. They will pick whoever shows them the earliest and most consistent interest. How many Mexican-American's have been any good anyway?

13. Sup Bro

Sup Bro Member+

Oct 26, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #63 Sup Bro, Mar 4, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2014
    Ponce was at Chivas which almost guaranteed him to Mexico, and no one knew about Brizuela until he used his dual citizenship as leverage to get a Mexico callup. I don't think we're missing out on much, mostly just guys who have been in Mexico most of their lives who were a long shot in the first place.

Like you said, we'll continue to get our fair share of players. Look at Arriola, Gil, or any number of the Mexican Americans coming through MLS academies now. They'll get dual Nats like the Dallas goalies too, but that's to be expected with so many different players.

Sandon Mibut and ussoccer97531 repped this.
  14. El Niño Orgulloso

Jul 5, 2009
    Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    How about Carlos Bocanegra, Herc Gomez, I guess they fall into the "wasn't any good" category for you.

15. Blu.

Blu. Member+

Apr 16, 2012
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No. unless you have proof that says otherwise

16. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    I never said that all Mexican-American players will pick Mexico. I said that players that leave for Mexico early are always going to have a developmental edge over players that stay in the MLS and those players, if good enough, will almost always pick Mexico.

Out of the 8 mexican americans that played this cycle for either national team, only 1 plays in the mls, the other 6 play in the Liga MX. The MLS is at a disadvantage in player development and if a Liga MX player is good enough to go to the World Cup with Mexico, they will usually take that route.

17. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Plus Tijuana keeps getting kids from MLS. Better coaching and money. Not that all of them will pan out though.

Tijuana has done more for US soccer than most MLS academies.

18. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    They were good players, but I was talking about recent times where we have seen a lot of Mexican-Americans playing for both country's senior and youth national teams.

19. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
  20. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Why will they almost always pick Mexico?

21. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
    For the same reason MLS player wil almost always pick the US. Playing in a local league gives a national team the advantage when it comes to capping a player. Only in the situation where the local team does not want a player or that the player sees very little possibility of starting (Torres, Corona, Orozco), will he chose the US over Mexico.

22. Solid444

Solid444 Member+

Jun 21, 2003
  23. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Thats not true at all. Players don't choose their National Team based off of which country's domestic league they feel the biggest connection to.

24. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    What reason does that poster have to lie? When does a federation ever release a statement say they are monitoring a player? That's as close to proof as you are going to get.

Don't lie to yourself. You know that the Mexican federation was interested in Arriola. He is one of the best youngsters in Liga MX.

25. Gerardo Silva

Gerardo Silva Member+

Jan 23, 2013
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Wait... What?!
    So you are trying to say that the message I sent 1 year ago to the FMF in which i got an answer where they were "Scouting" this kid is your proof that Mexico already want him... WTF jajajja
    They say they were going to following him but they also say that there are hundreds of mexican-americans like him and if he didn't do anything "amazing" it was irrevelant... and in My personal opinion is that by the moment he hasn't done anything special..

Solid444 repped this.