Alert: Is this the future of USMNT?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by smokarz, Oct 3, 2014.

1. smokarz

smokarz Member+

Aug 9, 2006
    Hartford, CT
    I didn't watch the match, but this highlights. Wow...just wow!!!

The speed, movements, runs, the finishing....IMPRESSIVE!

I wish our senior team could play with such precision and ferocity.

2. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Answer to your question is YES

3. Spursfan1

Spursfan1 Member+

Sep 7, 2010
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jurgens first class

DiscoWarrior11 and nowherenova repped this.
  4. jhw1

jhw1 Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Those kids embarrassed Brazil before it was cool.

5. ussoccer97531

ussoccer97531 Member+

Oct 12, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    I see a future with the USMNT for Wright, C. Pulisic and Silva. Everyone else, not entirely sure.

6. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DeLaTorre

7. AutoPenalti

AutoPenalti Am I famous yet?

Sep 26, 2011
    Coconut Creek
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Based on what I've seen, embarassing Brazil is more of a hobby now.

ussoccer97531 and USA All DAY repped this.
  8. Ghost

Ghost Member+

Sep 5, 2001
    I would not be surprised to see a couple of these guys make it to Russia.

CR always impresses me with their consistency for such a small country. I guess we'll be dealing with this Jonathan Martinez fellow for a while.

bumbleBeeVB and USAMEX10 repped this.
  9. Cannons

Cannons Member+

May 16, 2005
    #9 Cannons, Oct 4, 2014
    Last edited: Oct 4, 2014
    As good as they are, it all comes down to JK and who he picks or favors. I fear that most of these players will never get their chance because JK thinks anybody playing in Germany or Europe is better than homegrown players and that is just wrong. These players should be feeding the Sr. team and if JK doesnt let that happen then he needs to step down.

The joke is that JK was hired to build the US program and coach the Sr Nat team. He insisted on total control all phases of the program and he got it. How is this ever going to ever work if apx. 1/2 the team is NOT from our program but rather, Euro players that technically qualify to wear our colors? JK needs to use homegrown players in this cycle or I want someone in his spot that will.

Suyuntuy repped this.
  10. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    It's not just this team. The U17s, U18s, and U20s are all firing on all cylinders right now.

I'm usually the kind of guy to reign in the "crazy hype machine," but its getting harder and harder to do so with these kids.

Dirt McGirt repped this.
  11. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    JK should be gone by the time these guys are in their early 20s.

ussoccer97531 repped this.
  12. tbonepat11

tbonepat11 Member+

Jun 21, 2001
    What I took away was:
    -Costa Rica's defense is pretty God awful. So many embarrassing tackles and bad give a ways in their own half.
    -Their GK is solid...made some nice saves.
    -Ours probably should have gotten both of those considering how far out the shots were.

I was impressed with our pace and especially Wright considering how big he is. I am cautiously optimistic for sure though!

13. soccerusa517

soccerusa517 Member+

Jun 23, 2009
    Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CONCACAF U-17 level so it's very hard to take much away from it, including playing style.

14. Pl@ymaker

Pl@ymaker Member+

Feb 8, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not just CONCACAF

15. Suyuntuy

Suyuntuy Member+

Jul 16, 2007
    Vancouver, Canada
    I hope whoever the coach is in five years, he's ready to give these youngsters a chance, even if they happen to be "stuck" in the MLS. It's time for us to evolve beyond needing validation to believe our players are good enough. I doubt that's going to happen under Klinsmann, but I can't begrudge him his influence, if what we're seeing here is reality and not just a mirage.

We'll know more by March next year, once they pass their first real test.

pichichi2010 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  16. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    All 23 will be from Germany? 1/2 the team was not from Germany or not from our program. Jurgen Klinsmann does not have total control over development in the US. Many of these players have or will soon be at European teams. H.Wright, C.Pulisic, D.Barbir, J.Perez, L.Delatorre and a few in Mexico. Let's at least start with some facts then we can have a reasonable discussion rather than hyperbolic rhetoric.

17. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agree. This next generation coming through the ranks looks to have a fair amount more talent than what we're currently seeing from our 22-29 yr olds.

I was just thinking about how we don't currently have a single American developed field player getting time in a top 4 league. Gyau might be the closest right now after getting an appearance a week or two ago. That is a reflection of the talent we have and should change as this next generation matures.

18. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    Bradley and Dempsey would still be at mid table teams in Europe making 1-2 million, but when MLS throws 6M at each that's why we don't have any players in Europe's top 4 teams.

DiscoWarrior11 and Pl@ymaker repped this.
  19. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, that's only two players. You proved my point. That's a reflection of the talent we have in that 22-29 yr old age group.

20. jhw1

jhw1 Member

Aug 11, 2012
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    #20 jhw1, Oct 4, 2014
    0:25-0:30 of the England highlights above will give you a good glimpse of <strike> what Dortmund see in Christian Pulisic. </strike>

EDIT: . . . what FC Dallas see in Alejandro Zendejas.

Pl@ymaker repped this.
  21. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    How many do you want. You say none, I give you two and you need more.

22. Bob Morocco

Bob Morocco Member+

Aug 11, 2003
    Billings, MT
    Nope.

23. jond

jond Member+

Sep 28, 2010
    Club:
    Levski Sofia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We have no American developed field players, especially attackers currently playing in top 4 leagues. That's the point. You gave me two who aren't.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    "Closest" is probably Geoff Cameron. He wasn't only developed in the US, he did it the hard way. He's not playing right now, though.

We understand your point. As far as "in their prime" players go, we don't have much happening in top 4 leagues. Euro clubs are really scarfing up our teenage prospects, though.......................

However, SuDano is also right. As long as MLS continues to increase salaries, USMNT-eligible players will continue to stay at home. Matt Besler, Omar Gonzalez, and others have had opportunities to go abroad.

SUDano repped this.
  25. SUDano

SUDano Member+

Jan 18, 2003
    Rochester, NY
    #25 SUDano, Oct 4, 2014
    M
    I'll go slow. Why is Europe the gold standard for you when they only pay between $1-2 million per season and our domestic league pays $6 million to play in MLS? Even $1-2M in MLS is keeping O.Gonzalez and M.Besler here and not in your treasured Europe.
    Its simple economics not lack of talent. Every US player who used to play in Europe would never have gone to Europe if he made $6 Effin million dollars back in the day.

pichichi2010 repped this.