Is there anyway to follow players?

Discussion in 'Cleveland' started by Wolfff, Sep 20, 2009.

1. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hunter Gilstrap (according to his facebook) signed with us.

Really wish you'd guys get another team. It's not the same without our big rival in the league or having CCSUltra to talk trash with.

2. Mikey mouse

Mikey mouse Member

Jul 27, 1999
    Charleston, SC
    Club:
    Charleston
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i was bummed to see him leave charleston. had a couple good converstation with him but from what I gathered, he wasnt gaureented the number one spot and Charlesotn didnt wnat to move until after the Carolina Challenge Cup and Hunter wanted somewhere concrete.

cant blame him but with Him, Kutney, and Evans up there, its going to make it hard for me to hate Pittsburgh.

3. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Don't worry, we hate Pittsburgh enough for you :D

4. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Teteh is absolutely killing it back in Sierra Leone. He has 6 goals in 4 games. He's back with FC Kallon. I'm pretty sure Warren is with the team as well. I talked with him on Facebook and he said his team was in first place, and to my knowledge, FC Kallon are on top.

http://www.goal.com/en/news/89/afri...eone-league-update-fc-kallon-now-target-title

5. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Hunter Gilstrap been the incredible for us. Started the season with two road shutouts.

Any word on if/when the CS are coming back?

6. Brook

Brook BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 13, 2001
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Eddie, without City being here this season, which leaves a void, I'm just going to have to start giving you shite about Philly.

7. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There's a chance, from what I've heard, of the team coming back next year as part of a new USL-1. I have no idea how likely it is, but I don't think it's very.

I'd much rather have the team exist at USL-2 level. I think it'd be better financially and competitively. We were, in my unbiased opinion, the best run USL2 club.

8. Eddie26

Eddie26 Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 23, 2004
    Pittsadelphia
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I don't think the "best run USL2 club" was a reach at all. I often said that if you told me two years ago that one of either Pgh or Cle would fold, I would have said it would have been us easily.

I don't really know the details of what happened with the CS was moving up to USL1, in retrospect, a bad decision?? You guys really had a good thing going in USL2; great organization, excellent stadium, etc. Then you won the title and it almost seemed like CS felt they were better than USL2 and unfortunately couldn't sustain their success in USL1. (Plus your young GM, I can't remember his name, leaving the way he did was a big blow as well. He was a nice guy, always treated us good and put together a great team.)

9. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alioune went 90 minutes for Charleston in their 3-1 win over Harrisburg. Jason Hotchkin scored the City Islanders' only goal.

Teteh and Warren Kanu won again in Sierra Leone and are close to clinching the championship.

10. crewsupport

crewsupport New Member

Dec 23, 2009
    Club:
    Celtic FC
    It doesn't look like they are coming back. Talks between the ownership interested in bringing a USL team back to Cleveland and the league have stalled. It looks like there is a better chance an indoor team (part of USL's new idea of indoor soccer) will be back in this market.

BTW Sesay is with Real Maryland. Signed a couple of weeks. Hope to see some of you at the World Cup party (on June 12) at Johnny Malloy's in Akron.

11. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another update.

Rod is coaching North East Stars in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League.

Ryan Stewart is playing in the TT Pro League for Caledonia AIA alongside 2008 player Randolph Jerome.

12. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Leo Gibson, Missouri Comets (MISL)
    Comets forward Leo Gibson recorded four goals and four assists in four games in November and leads the MISL with 15 points. He has scored one goal in each of the Comets’ games so far this season (three three-point goals and one two-point goal) and recorded three of his four assists in the Comets’ come-from-behind 12-11 victory over the Omaha Vipers. In addition, he took just 12 shots in the four games, having scored a goal on one out of every three shots he has taken. Gibson, who played for the Rockford Rampage and Philadelphia KiXX last season, was a two-time MISL Player of the Week in 2009-10.

13. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Steve Gillespie is also in PASL-Pro with the Vortex

15. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Per his facebook, Tetteh Bangura is now with AIK Solna of the Swedish top division.

17. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  18. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  19. iamalfred

iamalfred Member+

Aug 15, 2010
    AIK has just agreed today to sell Bangura to Bursaspor, only a medical and negotiations for his personal terms remain. The transfer fee will not be revealed but AIK say that this is the biggest sale of all time for the club (the previous record was at around $4.5 million). This was definitely a good deal for AIK as they signed him for only about $115k.

20. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And he moves to a better team in a better league. Hopefully he can continue to find the net for Bursaspor.

21. SoccerPrime

SoccerPrime Moderator
    Staff Member

All of them
    Apr 14, 2003
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Any idea how Martin Rennie was able to get so many great players when he was the coach? Just realizing how many of his guys moved on to MLS and other better things.

22. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And now he is moving on to MLS!

23. CCSUltra

CCSUltra Member+

Nov 18, 2008
    Cleveland
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Caleb Patterson is doing well in the Portuguese 2nd Division.

http://yanks-abroad.com/get.php?mode=content&id=8201

And Teteh moved to Bursaspor in Turkey a few weeks ago. He was signed for 3mil Euro, supposedly. It's the highest fee AIK had ever received for a player.

24. MLSinCleveland

MLSinCleveland Member+

Oct 12, 2006
    Cleveland, Ohio
    Club:
    Cleveland C. S.
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Adam Moffat will be in MLS Cup. Houston just beat Kansas City 2-0.

Moffat had the assist on the first goal.

25. sfixx

sfixx Member

Dec 4, 2008
    Lorain County, OH
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Neil Hlavaty of the Minnesota Stars FC in the North American Soccer League advances in the USOC by beating Real Salt Lake! Wasn't he playing in the Dutch leagues for a while after CCS?