Is Man City the new Inter Milan for Argentines

Discussion in 'Argentina' started by Diego Maradona, Nov 26, 2009.

1. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean they have Tevez and Zablata

and now they want to go for Riquelme and Di Maria, any other Argentines want to join

2. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    No, just a bunch of rich Middle Eastern Tycoons who are happy they attended their prom or have their wedding happen suddenly. They happen to own a English Premiere club and now they just need the Ken, Barbi and doll houses.

It's all an illusion. Money doesn't make a team better, look at Real Madrid over the years. These clubs like Cheslea and Manchester City aren't worth going to if they don't have real passion or structure.

Inter and Italian football have foundation of Argentine history so the ease into the system is there.

Players need to concern themselves about their own merits and not attend a place because you feel 'comfortable' there.

3. leomessi1919

leomessi1919 New Member

Jun 18, 2008
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    clubs like man city and chelsea are useless. chelsea especially. in both cases, it was complete luck that they got good. if the russian had chosen arsenal or west ham, they would be even better b/c those clubs actually produce youth. (lampard and joe cole actually came from west ham, not chelsea)

man city? please. riquelme will not go there. no chance. i strongly doubt di maria would go to. tevez only went there for the money. the guy says he is happy in england, but doesn't speak english at all. he also said he wants to retire after the world cup, but yet he has plans to return to boca in 2 years? who knows with carlitos. he is a guy who should keep his mouth shut.

4. Diego Maradona

Diego Maradona Member+

Apr 8, 2007
    London, England
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I hope Insua leaves Liverpool for Man city

5. argentine soccer fan

Staff Member

Jan 18, 2001
    San Francisco Bay Area
    Club:
    CA Boca Juniors
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    All that is true, but still it's nice to know that idiots with money are aware that Argentina has good players. I don't particularly care for Middle Eastern tycoons, but if they want to bet their money on Argentines, then I wish them the best.

6. NYC_COSMOS

NYC_COSMOS BigSoccer Supporter

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Personally, I would like to see less Argentines in the EPL. I understand the economics of the deal and know that the EPL pays but it seems that the Argentine players lose something in their game. I take Tevez as a prime example.

7. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe if they were more accommodating to Argentinians/South Americans they would be able to fit in.

There's nothing wrong with living in England. It's the accomodation, I would think. How come every Argentine can fit in nicely in most countries in Europe with languages that hardly sound like Spanish and fit in nicely?

Liverpool in one aspect is a club that fits it's players in nicely.

8. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I didn't mean in getting used to the country but rather in the things that they teach or expect from the players. Maybe it's the clashing ideologies? Who knows?

9. aerez

aerez Member+

River Plate
    Argentina
    Jul 8, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I mean it that way. The English clubs should do more to train the players to speak English, understand where they are coming from, and look at the view from the players in how to teach or expect things. Maybe have bi-lingual trainers to make things easier.

10. Pipiolo

Pipiolo Member+

Jul 19, 2008
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well, D'Alessandro did well at Portsmouth. The fans loved him and the coach wanted him to stay. In hindsight, he made a mistake in going to Zaragoza.

11. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    My understanding is that teams give players instruction in the language from day one. Certain teams expect their players to know English as it is vital to the communication between players.

I'm sorry, I don't have the article now but I believe that it had to do with Tevez at West Ham.

Again I could be wrong and maybe it was just a specific case that the article I read was mentioning.

As for Tevez, I can't believe that he doesn't speak English. He's got to at least have a basic understanding of it. He can't be mute. Maybe he's just embarrassed to speak it.

I have a cousin like that, while he understand English very well, he's just shy to speak. If you met him, you would just think that he doesn't speak it. Who knows if this is the case with Tevez but I feel he's got to speak something at least.

12. NYC_COSMOS

Jan 13, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Club:
    CA Vélez Sársfield
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Maybe he wasn't there long enough. And you are right, maybe he should have stayed, who knows if later on he could have advanced to a bigger team.

13. Andrés_

Andrés_ Member

Nov 16, 2007
    Argentina.
    Club:
    CA Independiente
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    The title of the thread should be changed, because Catania was the new Inter, Porto was the new Catania, and now Benfica is the new Porto.:p