Is KSA REALLY gonna be ready?

Discussion in 'Saudi Arabia' started by bobo81, Mar 15, 2006.

1. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    I was just looking at the friendly schedule, and it got me thinking...how ready will they be?...I think KSA is in trouble.

So they have some great competitive friendlies coming up...Chances are KSA will lose badly to them, like Portugal. This isnt a "mental" vitamin for the team, and going into the competition with a negative view might come. Players like Temnyat, Sami and Dayeay, much recall what 2002 was for them and turn unfocused.

Seriously though, KSA is so used to playing weak teams that I feel they aren't ready and won't be ready after the friendlies.

I have to say its a shame people rest their hopes on Qahtani, Sami and Noor...come on...they are going to get shut down. And what about the defense?? The only true asset there is montashari. He will pretty much have to play the "Superman" role...How is he to deal with Dos Santos, Shevchenko, Rebrov, Raul, Reyes, Villa...etc?
    KSA has players like Noor who get frustrated and bring in cards. I do see KSA fouling quite a lot in the tourny.

I'm sorry for sounding negative, I'm not slamming Saudi and I know it might be too early to make this post since many friendlies are to come. BUT....aren't you KSA supporters worried??? :p

2. sahbekham_pactwinner

Jun 12, 2005

You know when we really got worried? when the dumb saudi fa sacked calderon. and ive not met a single saudi who is satisfied with that decision.

ANd i guess u are not a regular follower of saudi soccer. Our worriedness were already highlighted on these threads.

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=299367

https://www.bigsoccer.com/forum/showthread.php?t=297154

3. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I'm not worried, you forgot Tukar, he played in 2002, and he's also a tough rock. You have Khaled Aziz, another tough guy who plays as defensive midfield. I doubt Nour will go angry in a WC game, he knows that himself. If Deayea is not injured like last time, he will do well, so will Mabrouk if he plays. What I'm afraid of is offense, Yaser AlQahtani specially, he can't finish well, he can't score, and hasn't with the NT for a while. Nawaf I'm 100% positive of him, and Sami if he improves his fitness. Overall, I think we will be ready. And entering with a negative view is WAY better than entering thinking you can beat Germany. :p

4. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Saudi64, I think your tooooooooo positive and not accepting the realities. The reality is that Saudis have played 7 matches so far with "0" wins!!!
    The Saudis could even beat the Iraq's B side :(
    If Poland is playing with their 1st national team against Saudis and Saudis draw with Poland then I believe it will be a remarkable achievement for the Saudis otherwise, if Saudia lose then Saudi64 - you really are dreaming for non-coming success! I just pray and hope that your thaughts and words come true otherwise, it good bye Saudi Arabia even before the first kick-off of the world cup!:(

5. bobo81

bobo81 Member

Nov 17, 2005
    Ciudad De Dios
    I dont think Poland will play with their full first team. I'm not sure its a real fifa date, but either way it will be tough match. No Zurawski would be nice :p

Saudis looking for some injuries in its WC pool :D

6. Saudi64

Saudi64 Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Riyadh KSA
    Club:
    Al Shabab Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    Hammad, you can't use friendlies as a way to rank a team, I have a very fresh example, when we played Lebanon, and lost, then tied with Syria at home, we went to Yemen. FYI, Yemen at home is as strong as Syria away, but instead of drawing, we crushed them 4-0. We never did that away btw, in the 80s or 90s, this is the first time, it was an official game, and Paqueta took it as a real game. Germany lost to Italy 4-1, but they will be back in the WC, trust me. SK was the exactly the same before the WC 2002, they were losing 5-0 to France, but France sucked and SK succeded. Sure we might fail to reach the 2nd round, but I expect a good show inshallah. Just support the team guys, there's NO use of being pessimistic, and lets all pray for the team.

7. hammad_friend

hammad_friend Member

Dec 26, 2005
    Dubai, Karachi
    Club:
    Al Hilal Riyadh
    Nat'l Team:
    Saudi Arabia
    I hope and pray that Saudia progresses to the next round and don't worry, all of our support was, still is, and will remain with Saudia. I think we should believe on the following statement: "Hope for the Best and prepare for the Worst!!!"

8. KiaFan

KiaFan Member

Apr 13, 2006
    It's too late for KSA now. They should have kept their coach Calderon.