Is it worth it?

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Suren01, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    All the hope and enthousiasm that turns out in pain and grief.. It's the same story every qualification campaign.
    Every time I get my hopes up, only to get disappointed big time. Australia 2012.. Saudi Arabia 2016.

I'm a broken man after today guys :cry: There is no way I can overcome this. For me Iraq's World Cup hopes definitely ended for the coming editions. Today I realized that we won't make a World Cup anytime soon. I feel for the players, coaching staff and everyone involved that they have to work with this terrible federation.

I need a break for a while..

Kroosinator and Iraqipower repped this.
  2. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    This is where you've gone wrong bro. Never get your hopes up when it comes to Iraq qualifying for the World Cup. Realistically, it was never going to happen this time. Just a few months ago we couldn't even beat Vietnam and Thailand so there was no reason to expect us to be able to finish ahead of UAE and KSA over a 10 game period. Even if we managed to finish 3rd in our group, would we be able to beat 3rd place of the other group over two legs, and then after that also beat a CONCACAF team over two legs as well? That would be 4 games against good teams and a defeat in any of those would most likely mean we wouldn't qualify anyway even if we did finish 3rd. We are talking about a team that scraped past Chinese Taipei and lost to the likes of Uzbekistan U23 team and almost losing to Vietnam. Our record against Japan and Australia has always been poor too and we are realistically not going to pick up any points against these sides. Thinking that we could qualify for the World Cup is just too unrealistic, and over optimistic, in my opinion. Next time don't get your hopes up and maybe that will soften the blow lol.

Although I expected nothing from this qualifying campaign, that's not to say I'm not gutted with the result. I was only able to watch a short part of the game but I don't think the players themselves are getting enough blame for this. What the hell was Saad Natiq doing on that first penalty? Why would you go to ground in that position? That's just basic schoolboy defending. The only positive we can take from this game is that finally Mohannad came up with the goods and scored a quality goal. If Younis had scored that I would have praised him massively so it's only fair to do the same to Mohannd, quality touch and great finish. I just hope this will give him more confidence to do that on a regular basis and become less wasteful with his chances. Now I hope that we will give some local league players a bit more playing time in the coming games. The experience at this high stage will be very useful for them and important. In my opinion, we need to be solely focusing on planning for the future now. We aren't going to qualify and realistically never were so lets focus on laying the foundations for a future where hopefully we will be better prepared and will have a better chance to qualify. Radhi has a 3 year contract rather than the normal 1 year so clearly he sees it that way as well and is looking beyond these qualifiers.

Suren01 repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Thanks for your comment. It will take a while before I get over this ugly undeserved loss. I just wanted to express my feelings

4. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Guys to be honest really we were 100% unlucky in both the South Africa and Saudi game , we should of really ended those games in the fist half if we had slight luck on our side . Even in the Australia game Ahmed Yasin should of gotten a penalty 100% at the start of the and that probably would of changed the game around .

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The day after and I'm completely sick of it.. My stomach feels heavy everytime I just think about Iraq's WCQ. :(

6. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    You still have 8 games to play. At least clinch the play-off spot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Iraqilambo repped this.
  7. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    Is it worth it? One word "football" o_O:ROFLMAO::sick::unsure:;):(:confused::mad::p:D:oops::rolleyes::cry::sneaky::speechless::thumbsup:

8. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    If we clinch a play off place we play against a team from concaf, so probably honduras or a team like that. Very possible if we learn from our mistakes

KiarashM and Iraqipower repped this.
  9. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We would only play a Concacaf team if we managed to beat the 3rd place team of the other AFC group over 2 legs, don't forget that. Anyway the chances of us finishing 3rd in our group now are very slim. We still have to play Japan and UAE home and away and have already thrown away three points in arguably the 2nd-easiest match out of the 10 (could even argue that it was the easiest).

Iraqipower repped this.
  10. iraqiwarrior

iraqiwarrior Member

Mar 25, 2016
    If we make it to 3rd place then I think we will be able to take on any of other 3rd place have in mind that the third place team will most likely be China or Uzbekistan.

11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    At this rate we can lose to any team. We are still far from ready to make it to a World Cup.

12. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  13. Iraqilambo

Iraqilambo Member

Aug 15, 2014
    Club:
    AC Milan
    AFC referees are disgraceful. Literally every game has had a major call go against us.

Iraqipower and Suren01 repped this.
  14. Iraqipower

Iraqipower Member

Oct 20, 2015
    Its literally at the point where you look at it and say its done purposely.

15. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    fking linesman was right there !! You had one job and you fked it up .

Iraqipower repped this.