Is it strange to support more than one club?

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by InterFan76, Nov 28, 2012.

1. punintended

punintended Member

Nov 8, 2011
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    I think it's strange supporting multiple big European clubs from counties you have no relation with .. otherwise, no.

2. BigRedNole

BigRedNole Member

May 5, 2014
    Not at all...support who you like.

3. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    A Brazilian mother and a German father would make things enjoyable in many competitions.;)

4. Katy129

Katy129 New Member

Jun 5, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    hahaha :D

btw, why i can't be a fan of 2 teams in different leagues?
    I'am big fan of Arsenal and Roma!!!!

La Magica and RobinVanRobben repped this.
  5. RobinVanRobben

May 1, 2014
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Because of RvP of old and Strootman?

6. Madman1

Madman1 Member

Feb 1, 2014
    London
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I will always only support West Ham, I don't mind Inter Milan or Barcelona, but if it ever came a match always West Ham first, I will celebrate if West Ham beat them and be grumpy if they beat us.

7. guignol

guignol Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 28, 2005
    mermoz-les-boss
    Club:
    Olympique Lyonnais
    Nat'l Team:
    France
    hold fast to dreams! ;)

8. World Fan Cup

World Fan Cup New Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Brussels
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    I'm generally a one-team kinda guy... I think there can only be one team in your heart - at least that's how I feel.

I do however believe that you can support many teams - like most people seem to think on this forum - and I agree that it should be a one-team per league. For example, I support a local team from each country I've lived in.

But still my heart will always be red & black for Flamengo :D

9. InfernoOrangeSS

InfernoOrangeSS New Member

Jun 24, 2014
    Birmingham, AL
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have only had time to follow EPL, so I only follow Liverpool. I'm thinking about starting to follow one of the US teams in the league here. So I can see liking multiple teams in different leagues.

10. Jeroen234

Jeroen234 New Member

Jul 4, 2014
    Belgium
    Doesn't seem strange to me at all.

11. Doraemon_

Doraemon_ Member

Jul 8, 2014
    Not at all. A lot of Americans have MLS club support and an European club they support.

guignol repped this.
  12. twhouston55

twhouston55 New Member

Jul 15, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Oh yeah! It would be strange not to root for more than one club in my opinion. I like Dortmund, Real Madrid, Montpellier, and the Houston Dynamo. But...

I love Arsenal. There the club that I will drop anything I'm doing to watch and I genuinely fell saddened when they take a hard loss or have a player injury. COYG!!

13. Midwest

Midwest Member

Pro-MLS, Aston Villa
    Jun 29, 2014
    United States
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #188 Midwest, Jul 17, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 17, 2014
    Not really. I'm from the US and support the Chicago Fire; it's the only team I actually support in MLS. I also support the city's women's team: Red Stars. I'm currently figuring out which teams to support in Europe. I'm doing it by my sister cities of my hometown so that definitely helps cut down the number of clubs to choose from. (I wish more did this, though, if one lives in a major city or within the metro of one.) Take for instance Paris, which is a sister city to Chicago, and their club is Paris Saint-Germain, so I'll support PSG and no other French club. After I decide which Birmingham (UK) club to support I'll move onto Warsaw, Poland, but that city has four clubs to choose from. HSV and St. Pauli are the two main football clubs in Hamburg, where the latter team competes in Germany's second division. The issue I run into with Hamburg is that if I allow the "it's okay to cheer on teams in different divisions within the same system", and St. Pauli is promoted to top flight Bundesliga, or what if HSV is relegated and moves down to 2nd division; I've then I've created a paradox for myself. I will have to choose between the two.

14. fournine

fournine New Member

Jul 28, 2014
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    With us (myself included) being from the U.S. i can see why you support more than one club due to the lack of talent the MLS has (i do however, see the MLS growing and getting much better rapidly).... I for one follow Chelsea and Im impatiently waiting for Miami to get an MLS team soon!

15. theblake30

theblake30 New Member

Jul 21, 2014
    I don't think this is strange at all. I feel like there was always be one club that we tend to lean towards, but most of us were drawn in by the beautiful appeal of the sport. While I may favor a certain team, I will without question always appreciate the little nuances that make this sport so wonderful, no matter who the team is.

16. witty1994

witty1994 New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    It is completely normal to support more than one team. I for one do not like the Serie A, but I enjoy watching Roma play and hope that they do well

17. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Nah, I usually always have one favorite club from each country.Olympiakos is my main club from Greece.But since it almost never goes quite far in Europe i also support:
    PSG,Liverpool,Roma in that order.
    Also when a team has a Greek player , im with them,ex:Celtic last season n BVB

18. witty1994

witty1994 New Member

Apr 7, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Your username is probably the most relevant username I have seen in recent times

19. GreekAttackSux

Jun 23, 2014
    Club:
    Olympiakos Piraeus
    Hah I am greek and I agree with the statement on my username,however I do not bash my team.I worship it and i defend it by all the haters :)!Lets just not start this conversation here though :p!

20. AirbornePhoto

AirbornePhoto Member

Jul 30, 2014
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    I don't think it's strange. I grew up being a Man City fan since like 96/97, then when I moved to Germany to play, I became Borussia Moenchengladbach fan. But I still also support my home team, Minnesota United FC whom I played youth for back when it was Minnesota Thunder FC.

21. Sporlitical

Sporlitical New Member

Aug 4, 2014
    Beavercreek, Ohio, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Great thread! Like a number of the people have mentioned, I think it's fine to support more than one team--preferably from different leagues. The only exception, I think, is when you've lived in multiple different cities--it can make supporting one team quite difficult.

22. augiechen7

augiechen7 Member

Aug 5, 2014
    San Francisco/Washington, D.C.
    Club:
    Borussia Dortmund
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I support Borussia Dortmund, but I also like Southampton because I have family there and the San Jose Earthquakes because they are the local side.

InterFan76 and Chesco United repped this.
  23. DaveSportsGuy

DaveSportsGuy New Member

Aug 14, 2014
    I think you have your main club and then you support clubs in other countries, but your main one is always first.

InterFan76 repped this.
  24. FootballFever

FootballFever New Member

Aug 20, 2014
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    u can support any club u wish to ;)

25. InterFan76

InterFan76 Member

Mar 20, 2012
    Hamburg,NJ
    Club: