is CaptainU worth the tag?

Discussion in 'Youth & HS Soccer' started by JuanMa, Mar 7, 2019.

1. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    I would like to hear from people that have signed up their kids for a gold, silver or bronze CaptainU account. It is expensive, but if this is the main form of communication with college coaches, then it is prob worth it?

2. sam_gordon

sam_gordon Member+

Feb 27, 2017
    Speaking as the parent of a HS Freshmen, so we're just starting the journey, why do you think that's the "main form" of communication with college coaches?

NCSA has a free signup and profile page for your athlete. Sign up there and you'll start getting emails from coaches to attend camps. Most of them are probably just looking for your money, but you'll get some contact information.

3. JuanMa

JuanMa Member

Jul 22, 2003
    MD
    I am also a parent to a 9th grader... CaptainU seems to ping all players registered to big tournaments, like Jefferson, APC, SYL, etc. Just curious for feedback from people actually using the service. Otherwise, like sam_gordon suggested, free HUDL and free NCSA profile it is

4. StrikerMom

StrikerMom Member

Sep 25, 2014
    Not worth it. They lie about coaches opening/reading your emails. Contact coaches directly. So easy to find email addresses.

5. Cantona's Eyebrow

Dirty Leeds
    Togo
    Oct 8, 2018
    Where I come from your boots do the talking not some fancy app. End of.