Is Blank the most loveable owner?

Discussion in 'Atlanta United FC' started by Eleven Bravo, Dec 9, 2018.

1. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Credit to Arthur Blank and the wonderful success he has created here in Atlanta. The man is a true visionary. Likewise, everyone I ever known that has met him have come away just saying what a good, genuine person he is. Which makes me wonder, do any other clubs love their owners like we love uncle Arthur?

GunnerJacket and Bubba Atlanta repped this.
  2. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sat in his box (we have a mutual friend who he had invited and who in turn invited my wife and I) at Bobby Dodd for a fairly comfortable win against the Crew. He was very soft-spoken and friendly and immediately made my wife and I feel at ease. The other thing that really impressed me --- once the whistle for kickoff blew, he was in his front row seat arms draped over the railing following the action on the pitch intently. No walking around glad-handing and schmoozing with folks until the whistle for halftime. And the scenario repeated for the second half. High fives all around for the goals too. IOW, he wasn't faking it.

3. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    I met him on a popular running trail, and this was before we had a team, and I shook his hand begged he bring us a team. He smiled and knew what was to come.

4. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States