Is anyone going to the World Cup?

Discussion in 'Ireland: NSR' started by Leto, Mar 3, 2006.

1. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Self-explanatory question, I think. If we'd qualified I definately would have been in Germany even if we didn't manage to get tickets in advance - it'll be a long time before the WC's so close to home again. If I was staying here for the summer I might still have been tempted to take some time off and go over for a week or two, but now I'll be in America all summer. Ironically, that'll make it harder than ever to watch the matches at a reasonable time (if at all).

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Thats unfortunate :p
    I wouldnt go if someone offered me either tickets to the plane or the match, because either way, your not sure about the other. If Ireland was in, I would have spent all of my money (about how much it is for a plane ticket) and gone over

3. pmannion

pmannion Member
    Staff Member

Apr 13, 2001
    Newfoundland
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Where in America will you be, if you don't mind my asking?

And regarding the World Cup, I had originally planned on going, but finance and time constraints, + Ireland's failure to qualify, ended that dream.

4. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    I just so happen to be in Munich between 15-21 June, but that's moreso to visit a mate than anything else.

5. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Maine, near a town called Raymond IIRC. I'll be working as a lifeguard & swimming/watersports instructor for a kids camp so there's a lake nearby somewhere if that helps - I haven't actually looked at a map yet! I'll be there from mid-June to August and just generally in America for a few weeks after that (I'm sure I'll make it to Canada at some stage when I'm so close to the border - what are border checks like time/hassle-wise?). I think I know someone who'll be living in California at the time so if I manage to make it cross-country it'd be a nice place to round off my stay with some free accomodation.

6. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I used to go to camp in Maine, most of the people there are hicks :)
    P.S. AshII clear your PM box, I cant PM you back :eek:

7. Ash II

Ash II New Member

Jul 23, 2004
    In a madhouse
    Done.