Is Anthony Martial going to be a flop?

Discussion in 'Premier League' started by footman2033, Sep 2, 2015.

1. footman2033

footman2033 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Guys, do you think that Martial (who was bought by United) is going to be a flop in the Premier League?

I think that he is going to flop big time, because he is inexperienced, not good enough, and cost too much money!

What do you think?

2. zczc

zczc New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    £36 is certainly overpriced but they didn't have many choices at that time.
    I mean, they've sold Van Persie, Falcao, Chicarito, and they didn't realize they need another striker until less than 48 hours left in transfer window. i don't know what van gaal was thinking.

footman2033 repped this.
  3. footman2033

footman2033 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    They would do a better job keeping Chicarito

4. zczc

zczc New Member

Sep 4, 2015
    Chicharito I'm not sure. He's not a youngster any more, and Van Gaal's tactics is a bit too slow for him to fit in.
    but again, the only central forward they have at the moment is Rooney, Martial I consider him more as a shadow striker.

footman2033 repped this.
  5. footman2033

footman2033 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Well Chicharito would be the only experienced striker besides Rooney. Now they have just Rooney!

6. julian29

julian29 New Member

Sep 7, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    he's quick and plays down the middle - that is difficult to deal with in any league. what I say about him is what I say I say about players like Pogba or Kondogbia: yeah there potential is great, but they're pretty damn good right now.

7. This is one of the most stupid posts I encountered in BS.

The things you mention have nothing to do with being a flop as it stands.
    - You cannot be a flop by being unexperienced
    - The guy is just starting and very young, so you start calling someone a flop and not good enough before he has ever the chance to learn and prove himself
    - since when has the amount of money payed anything to do with being a flop. Isnot what you show on the pitch the measure for that.

I can only conclude: you as a poster are a flop:rolleyes:

8. footman2033

footman2033 Member

Aug 2, 2015
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    The thing is that he is going to get too much pressure (due to his big fee) too soon (doesn't have the right experience), and will end up as a flop.

If he ends up as a quality striker as Welbeck, would you rate him as a success?

9. brisk

brisk New Member

Sep 2, 2015
    He is very talented football-wise and calm. I think he has a great potential.

10. FQZ16

FQZ16 New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    World
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Martial has the same attitude as Henry when he is started, everything seems easy when he is doing it, if he flops then that will not be down to him but the team as he needs great mentality behind to help grow just like Henry when he joined Arsenal. Chelsea did offer more for Martial this summer but Man Utd bonus for the player was greater, Arsenal also made an enquiry but Monaco said he was not for sale and that was before Chelsea and United offers.

11. ARojas327

ARojas327 New Member

Oct 6, 2015
    Houston TX
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he is a good signing, debut goal and is 3 goals ahead of Hazard the "best player in the world". He will definitely fit in and in no time he will be scoring 20 goals a season. But not if van gaal is manager because the way he is managing man utd, they wont win a bloody thing