Ireland v Germany

Discussion in 'Germany: National Teams' started by NY Hoop, Oct 8, 2012.

1. odd1234

odd1234 Member

Mar 2, 2011
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Read similar themed articles on bundesliga fanatic and stuff. Certainly pondering it.

2. nekkibasara

nekkibasara Member+

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    I basically agree with what you are posting here, but Sami's finishing is atrocious. I would never in a million years consider that one of his strengths. In fact his play in and around the opposing team's box is his biggest weakness by far. He makes good intelligent runs, but his technical limitations, lack of vision and horrible finishing is a major drawback.

3. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    Schweini and Khedira looked great taking turns charging forward, but Schweini's ability with long passes makes him better at sitting back and spraying beautiful passes, just look at the 1-0 in this last game, it all starts with a great pass over the top from Schweini for Schmelzer, that's why in name Schweini would be the DLP and Sami the BtB guy, but in practice each would take turns going forward and dropping back to maintain possession and cover for counters.

4. Rosebud

Rosebud Member+

Aug 5, 2012
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Club:
    Union Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    My plan to cram the midfield and have Fullbacks that are used to having to rush back down the wings isn't looking so silly now, huh...:p