Ireland National Team, What happened?

Discussion in 'Ireland' started by Messi-ah, Jul 9, 2008.

1. Messi-ah

Messi-ah Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Murfreesboro, TN
    hey everyone, me and my irish friend were taking soccer, and the upcoming uefa qualification games for 2010, and i asked him
    "who's is on Ireland now"? as went online to check, it was basically the same cast from 2002. As he read the names, Duff, Keane, even Morrison,
    i was like, "those guys are getting older,, is there any up and coming youth players?" So since you guys know more, What is the future of Ireland's national team? What Do Irish people think about the direction?
    will they fair well in the WCQ;s and why?
    please help me out, im not trying to say their bad, but lately they have dropped off the scene. What happened?

2. Deise Boy

Deise Boy New Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Well we have a new manager In Trappatoni and we are hopeful that he will qualify us for the World Cup in 2010 , we are seeded 3rd in our qualifying group behind Italy and Bulgaria but would be hopeful of finishing 2nd.
    There are a number of new players on the scene including Stephen Hunt who is a winger , Daryl Murphy who can play up front or on the left also 3 other forwards Kevin Doyle Shane Long and Andy Keogh as well as a number of other young players - see www.fai.ie for more detail.
    Some cause for optimism I think , roll on the start of the qualifiers in September !!