Iraqi Premier League 2016-17

Discussion in 'Iraq' started by Yas-The-Gunner, Jun 6, 2016.

1. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shorta 4-0 Karkh. Amjad Kalaf (2), Amjad Waleed, Abdul Qadir Tariq (pen). Match wasn't broadcasted AGAIN so there is no way to see the goals. This is ridiculous, we are in 2016 and we can't even watch most of the league matches. It's got worse rather than better. The fact that Al-Kass shows the big games in HD is great but now the other games don't get shown which just ruins it.

2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    The goals are recorded, although in average quality.

3. Kroosinator

Kroosinator Member+

Dec 12, 2014
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Any chance of Amjad or Abdul Qadir getting back into the NT ?

4. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    We have much better players than Amjad Kalaf. He is not good enough for the NT anymore. Abdul-Qadir should get a callup though.

Iraqipower repped this.
  5. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Apparently Al-Talaba will withdraw from the league due to bankruptcy.

6. iranii

iranii Member

Jun 11, 2016
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Guys. Are Iraqi teams competing in 2017 Champions League or AFC Cup this time?

7. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    If we get past the ACL Licensing Criteria, Zawraa will earn a direct spot to the group stage and Jawiya will play in the playoff round 2.

iranii repped this.
  8. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Yep, but I highly doubt we will pass these criteria. We failed them in 2015 and 2016 so assuming the criteria are the same we will most likely fail them again and put into the AFC Cup which is a shame.

iranii and Suren01 repped this.
  9. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
  10. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Because we decided to play in Erbil before FIFA gave the green light..

11. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shorta 3-2 Hudood, Marwan Hussein scored a great hattrick, all three goals were truly clinical finishes. Get him in the Iraq squad I've been saying it for ages!! Jassim Mohammed and Mohammed Shokan are simply not in his level.

Suren01 repped this.
  12. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Also watch this, Alaa Abdul Zahra gets sent off for hitting, grabbing and kneeing an opponent!

13. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Naft Al Wasat decided to play their Arab Club Championship games in Beirut, Lebanon after FIFA stopped them playing in Erbil. Also their two-legged tie with Al Jaish (Syria) has been postponed to 24 Dec and 28 Dec (previously 6 Dec and 10 Dec).

14. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    He seems to be in good form now and definitely deserves a call up. Could be a good addition to the NT, and he is still young.

15. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq

Zawraa 2-1 Najaf. They turned the whole game around in the dying minutes.. Ali Raheem and Ali Mhawi the goalscorers :)

Zakho 1-2 Shorta. Marwan continues to score and is topscorer of the league now.

16. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Wow great finish by Alaa Mhawi and also a nice finish from Abdul Qadir Tariq (would also like to see him in the NT soon). Shorta has an official contract with Adidas now which is cool, they wore the new home kit against Zakho and their away kit is purple which they have not worn yet but I imagine will look very nice.

Other news, Hammadi finished 2nd in Asian Player of the Year, Omar Abdulrahman won it.

Suren01 repped this.
  17. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    December should be an exciting month. Shorta vs Zawraa, Jawiya vs Minaa, Shorta vs Jawiya, Talaba vs Baghdad, Naft Wasat vs Baghdad, Minaa vs Baghdad and Naft Wasat vs Talaba all scheduled for this month, all those games will have a big impact on the title race. Jawiya suffered a surprise 1-0 loss to Najaf yesterday so Naft Wasat and Shorta are now in the strongest position but neither team have played that many difficult teams so far.

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shorta bounced back from 2 disappointing seasons in the Iraqi League. The appointment of Mohammed Youssef clearly made an impact.

Here's hoping Zawraa will fight back.. Can't wait already for the Shorta match :D

19. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shorta 1-3 Jawiya

Jawiya was much better in every aspect. Fully deserved win. Competitiveness in this season bigger than ever.

20. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Shorta have been very poor recently. Barely beat Hedood, Zakho and Kahraba, played quite bad in all games. Drew with a poor Zawraa and now completely dominated by Jawiya. Jawiya honestly could have won by about 6.

The way Jawiya played impressed me a lot. Basim Qasim set them up well to press at every opportunity and Shorta's defenders didn't expect it and kept panicking. Jawiya were very wasteful but created a lot of chances. Jawiya have regular starters like Bashar Rasan, Humam, Hammadi, Ali Abduljabbar etc that have been at the club for many years and they've built up chemistry. Most of Shorta's team are new transfers aside from Amjad Kalaf (who I thought played quite well but has clearly lost pace and should be played up front not on the wing), Mahdi Kamil (played ok but should be played in a no.10 role, not in central midfield) and Ahmed Ayad (injured).

I don't think Shorta can realistically win the league this season. We have a good team but it hasn't clicked yet. It's also a real shame that Ahmad Ibrahim and Saif Salman both left the club within weeks of signing, and that our Egyptian midfielder still hasn't been able to sort out paperwork or whatever so he can't play. I hope we can win the Iraqi FA Cup though, not only because we've never won it but it qualifies you for the AFC Cup too which would be great. However I wouldn't write Shorta off from the league completely. We did lose 4-0 to Jawiya in 2012-13 but we still won the league.

Suren01 repped this.
  21. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Also, Jawiya's striker Emad Mohsen has impressed me a lot lately. Scored a nice goal against Shorta and has been on good form this season and last season. I think he's fairly young too but I haven't seen him in the youth team set up or national team set up. Hopefully he continues his good form and gets a chance. Looks promising.

22. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Erbil and Zakho withdrew from the league due to anti Kurdish chants during the Najaf - Erbil game in Najaf Stadium. To be continued..

23. irak101

irak101 Member

Aug 18, 2016
    not really antikurdish they call them daesh i hear worse in erbil chess chess arab they only say arbil daesh they say this because they see the kurd leadership not do enough to help in war with daesh

24. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    On request on Shorta coach Mohammed Youssef, Amjad Kalaf is released by Shorta and will most likely move to Zawraa.

25. Yas-The-Gunner

Aug 2, 2006
    London
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Stupid decision by Youssef. Amjad has spent 10 years at this club and rejected many offers from abroad and local to stay at Shorta. He loves Shorta and he's already scored 4 goals this season, our second highest scorer. If someone is on bad form you put them on the bench, not kick them out of the club. Youssef treats him like a nobody when he is a legend at Shorta. I am very disappointed with Youssef. Noor Sabri has also left Shorta and I don't even know why. The club is going downhill. I thought Mohammed Youssef was a good appointment but it's been a disaster. Even our wins were poor performances barely scraping past teams like Kahraba and Zakho. Now we are losing against winless teams like Karbala and embarrassed by Jawiya.

This decision to kick out Amjad is senseless and I think if he goes to Zawraa he will do well there. He's finally started to regain some of his form after that injury. I think Youssef's time at Shorta is running out. Fans are angry at the performances and even more angry after this decision to kick out a club legend like this.