Iraq v Iran discussion thread

Discussion in 'Asian Football Confederation' started by Suren01, Feb 1, 2016.

1. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Keep all the discussions here. Don't go offtopic in other threads..

My friend. When will you understand that a few trolls don't represent a whole country? Don't try to diss Iraq because one guy is trolling.

Put him on your ignore list and move on.

edrees repped this.
  2. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    close this thread now. totally unnecessary. as much as you are trying hard to make it seem like it, iraq is not on the level of Iran. lets just stop all this nonsense and focus on our own WCQs.

KiarashM, Persian Empire and Navid1337 repped this.
  3. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Your guys are trolling an U23 Championship thread, goals in Europe thread, 2018 WCQ thread...

And for a team on another level, Iran didn't impress at all in the Asian Cups and Olympics :rolleyes:

4. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    no it is the iraqis who are trolling. proof: your second line. you just trolled again. dont think i cant tell what your agenda is. you want to continue this troll war so that iraq can be associated with Iran. well it is not going to work.

seriously this pseudorivarly is getting old and lame. we can revive it if our teams meet again, but for now lets just stop. i suggest everybody ignore this thread. im done here.

5. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I'm not trolling, I'm just asking you a simple question.

And I'd rather have 1 topic with discussions / trolling, than spread out of many threads.

6. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Let Iran play their home games on a neutral venue and let's see what the outcome will be.

We are in a disadvantage. Do I have to spell it for you? There is no Azadi with 100.000 fans for Iraq. We have to play our games in Iran, Qatar or UAE. Empty stadiums... Does that sound fair to you?

Iraq is the only country in the world that qualified for a World Cup without playing a single home game (1986).

7. RickChelsea

RickChelsea Member

Sep 28, 2008
    sidknee
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Mozambique
    i am a big fan of the iran national team and the way they approach football but sadly they lack the individual talent of the iraqi's if we are comparing them 1 v 1. the iranians tend to play a nice brand of football now and then but they are just a tad below that of the iraqis imo who have them on just about every facet. from an iranian perspective i dont see it changing for some time

8. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    RickChelsea still has the best posts, always a good laugh :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: He's back just when we needed him

I love his "insights" on Iran lmao :D

KiarashM repped this.
  9. Football Asia

Football Asia Member

Oct 17, 2014
    I'm surprised suren would open this thread when he constantly inboxes Iranian posters urging them to stop the back and forth flame war. He knows this thread will be nothing but trolls so seems a little two faced.

Side note: Rickchelsea told me during the Asian cup that he's an Arab so, just like most trolls, his comments about the Iranian national team comes from sheer hate of iran and Iranian people's with a side of huge inferiority complex. He's probably from one of the Arab countries that are de facto I.R provinces these days.

KiarashM repped this.
  10. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    What's next? Vietnam Vs Japan Thread? Or perhaps Fiji Islands Vs Autralia or Afghanistan Vs Uzbakistan while we are at it, why not. Seriously, no self-respecting Iranian fan should even bother with this comical attempt to inflate Iraq's status, which is not even a top 10 team in Asia. Don't waste your time guys.

KiarashM and Navid1337 repped this.
  11. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    I did not open this topic to continue flame wars. I did it because some of our members hijacked the Asian goals thread + U23 Championship. Now that's worse than discussing in 1 topic ;)

Lol comparing Iraq with those mentioned countries.

12. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Qualify to the World Cup first and then we will have a legitimate talk.

13. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Is Iran so sure about qualifying for Russia 2018?

TigersOfAsia repped this.
  14. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We are qualified for the 3rd round of the World Cup 2018 Qualifiers, so theoretically speaking we have more chance to make it to Russia than Iraq who still have to beat Thailand and Vietnam (which I think they will do though).

15. Ir69

Ir69 New Member

Jan 30, 2016
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Not really. It also depends a lot on whether we will be in a group a death or not (with both Japan and Australia for exemple). Of course, we're not 100% guaranteed of making it to 2018 wc but I still like our chances anyways

16. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    We have a talented core, with a good amount of players establishing themselves in European leagues and a decent coach. Now the sanctions are gone, we can arrange good friendlies as well...qualifying for Russia 2018 shouldn't be our goal, we have to aim for the Round of 16. Another group stage exit would be bad.

17. Diego Aguirre

Diego Aguirre Member+

Oct 4, 2015
    Tashkent
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    yep, first ranked Asian team should be afraid of nothing))

18. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Iraq is through with 4 points as best runners-up, but I think we will win the group.

Well Iraq is not in its best form, but Iran also tied Turkmenistan and Oman. I mean, at the moment only South Korea is really performing well. The final round is also very tough, so it's hard to predict.

19. Persian Empire

Jan 26, 2016
    California
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran