Iran National Team (Team Melli) - Upcoming Schedule

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Mani, Jan 22, 2005.

1. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I have tickets and am going to see the Sweden match. Yeah baby! :D
    Let me know if you want me to take pics. :)

Zandi360 repped this.
  2. Suren01

Suren01 Member+

Apr 9, 2012
    Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    Iraq
    Have fun there bro! I went to Sweden as well to see Iraq playing, I loved it.

Good luck.

teammellieIRANfan repped this.
  3. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    #278 Zandi360, May 31, 2015
    Last edited: May 31, 2015
    New list for Uzbekistan friendly and Turkmenistan WCQ.

- Notable absentees include Karim Ansarifard (Osasuna), Ashkan Dejagah (Al Arabi) + Alireza Jahanbakhsh (NEC) both for injuries.

- Few Naft and Zob Ahan players will be added after the Hazfi Cup final

- First surprise call up of Atletico Madrid 18 year old Saeid Ezzatollahi

[​IMG]

KiarashM repped this.
  4. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Also Qatar, Italy and Australia all have expressed interest in playing us in a friendly.

5. Radu Razvan

Radu Razvan Member+

Mar 1, 2013
    Bucharest, Romania
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Romania
    Another Iranian in Spain, Aria Jasuru Hasegawa signs with Segunda side Real Zaragoza a team who was very close to Primera. I guess they will fight again for promotion.

chook90 and KiarashM repped this.
  6. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Iran vs Japan in oct.

7. ChaDuRi671

ChaDuRi671 Member+

Dec 30, 2010
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Random and I don't know where this post this, but....

Guam national team captain, Jason Cunliffe, has been reading a few articles on PDFC. ;)

8. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nothing new about this. Many media staffs, agents, sportsmen, and fans follow PFDC. It is nothing new to us. Even some Media outlets have stolen articles from PFDC as funny as it may look.

9. persia1378

persia1378 Member

Oct 15, 2012
    Italy
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran will likely play Norway in May/June, friendly with Macedonia also possible.

10. KiarashM

KiarashM Member+

Mar 2, 2014
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    +PL+ and AIL1998 repped this.
  11. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    The final round of qualifiers will be interesting. I would be definitely wanting to avoid Iran if I was the other teams, we are right now much tougher to break down and beat than other top 4 teams and with our recent bunch of offensive players it could be the best offensive/defensive balance we've had in our squad for years soon.

Russia 2018 might be our best shot at making it out of the group stages I feel, guys like Azmoun, JB, Ezzatollahi at least could be easily playing in top 3-4 European leagues, with exciting talents like Torabi, Taremi, Kanaani coming through I'm curious to watch our progression the next couple of years

+PL+, KiarashM and Mani repped this.
  12. HomokHarcos

HomokHarcos Member+

Jul 2, 2014
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Iran's main goal at this point should be to prove themselves on the world stage rather than Asia.

persia1378, KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  13. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
  14. komina12345

komina12345 Member+

Sep 1, 2008
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    KiarashM and Zandi360 repped this.
  15. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Well due to the country's situation it was always hard to play friendlies with quality European teams IN iran, the last real great team was Germany that played in us in Azadi in 2004 which we actually lost 2-0 :p but otherwise we've had smaller teams like Bosnia in 2009, teams like Macedonia, Iceland etc. Back in 2006 we also played Costa Rica if I remember well.

We will probably have have better teams coming to Iran for friendlies now that "non-footballing" obstacles have been kinda put aside :D

16. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #291 +PL+, Feb 3, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 3, 2016
    Yes. As long as I can recall Paraguay, Germany, Ireland, Ecuador, Romania, Hungary, few more specially prior 1978 revolution.

17. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He handled a hostile environment in Iran, so the prospect of a packed Carrow Road doesn’t faze Mick McCarthy

Portman Road was rocking during last weekend’s 1-1 draw against rivals Norwich City in the first leg of the Championship play-off semi-finals and the crowd will be equally partisan in Norfolk tomorrow lunchtime (12.15pm ko).

McCarthy insists nothing matches the intensity that surrounds the Old Firm derbies he played in for Celtic though.

And he recalls the red-hot environment of a play-off second leg he managed in Iran, in front of a crowd of 100,000, as the Republic of Ireland lost 1-0 but emerged winners on aggregate to qualify for the 2002 World Cup.

“I’d be very surprised if we went anywhere to play the second leg of a play-off, with such a prize at stake, and the atmosphere wasn’t hostile,” said McCarthy.

“The fact that it’s our nearest and not so dearest will make it even more intense. And I’ve always preferred playing and managing in those sort of atmospheres.”

He continued: “I’ve got loads of memories from that Iran game. The match was almost over and they decided to set fire to every programme in the stadium. It was ablaze.

“They scored after about 93 minutes and suddenly the noise level erupted again.

“It was an amazing atmosphere. They let them in hours and hours before, so when we got there it was already kicking off. I don’t know who they were kicking off with though because there was only Iranians there at the time!”

There is no such hostility between McCarthy and Canaries counter-part Alex Neil though.

On his relationship with the young Scot, the duo preparing to go head-to-head for the third time in as many months, McCarthy said: “I think he’s a really nice fella. I enjoyed his company after the game last Saturday and I enjoyed his comments and what he said afterwards. I can generally judge someone by that, as much as meeting them face-to-face.

“He said they played well, hadn’t done enough to win and I generally thought he talked a whole load of common sense. We had a beer afterwards and I thought he was a nice guy.

“I don’t see any reason why I shouldn’t be friendly with him. I prefer to have friends than enemies in the game that’s for sure. I might need a favour off him at some stage.”

18. AIL1998

AIL1998 Member+

May 27, 2012
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unfortunately, that home victory against Ireland is our most bitter victory. It was the most bitter night at Azadi stadium. Do not want to think about it again.

19. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
  20. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Unrelated, but here's Nekounam and Shojaei behind him defending vs Messi in a Messi tribute video @2:41, good times..

[​IMG]

21. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Today is the 1000th day that Iran hasn't lost to an Asian team. 20 matches, 16 wins, 4 ties :thumbsup:

KiarashM and persia1378 repped this.
  22. Zandi360

Zandi360 Member+

Dec 10, 2013
    Club:
    Sepahan
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran national team's new alternate stadium to Azadi, AQR Stadium that will be used for future Iran matches as of now

[​IMG]

23. Valkyrie

Valkyrie Member

Mar 27, 2013
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Is this for real or are you making this up? Are they finally starting to renovate Azadi?

24. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    #299 +PL+, Feb 26, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 26, 2016
    Nobody said anything about renovating Azadi. This new stadium in Mashhad is going to be an alternative just like Yadegar Stadium in Tabriz and the next two Stadiums in Esfahan (Naghshe Jahan) and Ahvaz (Foolad).

Astan Ghods Razavi Stadium is not 100% done yet. Look at the right side of the picture to see the constructions.

This is the final look
    [​IMG]

25. +PL+

+PL+ Member+

Jun 22, 2015
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Foolad Stadium
    Before
    [​IMG]
    After
    [​IMG]