Iran at Asian Cup 2011

Discussion in 'Iran' started by Team Melli forever, Dec 25, 2010.

1. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    i wouldnt be surprised if khalatbari opens up the north korean defense or we do it with a set piece.

2. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I'm pissed right now :D

3. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    lol why? :)
    your smiley indicated that you are not really pissed :D

4. Mani

Mani BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 1, 2004
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GZky-zLJivY"]YouTube - Iran 1-0 North Korea[/ame]

5. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    read post #25 :D

6. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    haha i see:p

anyway, hajsafi seem to be doing his job now and has played well these two matches. anyone agree?
    great to see ansarifard score a goal. hope this boost his confidence and he is given more playing time. what a world class finish today by him!

7. V.I.P.ersian

V.I.P.ersian Member

Nov 9, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    I think you're absolutely right. We have to give credit to Ghotbi for sticking with Hajsafi and giving him time to develop into a LB. He's nowhere near a natural LB, and he still has a great deal to learn in terms of the instincts of a LB, but his improvement has been extraordinary. He was partially at fault for the goal conceded by Iraq, but aside from that, he's been quite strong in this tournament. Today he was very, very good.

As for Ansarifard, I'm speechless. His touch on that goal was unbelievable. Since this is his first big goal for Team Melli, and it was done in karate-kick fashion, I propose the nickname "The Karate Kid" :). Let's see if it catches on.

8. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Well it should have been 2-0; Bahraini ref did his job!!

9. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Lets at least wait for the kid to score a goal from a bicycle kick before we consider that nickname lol:D

10. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Let's hope the European offer rumors for Ansarifard are true and he actually receives an offer. He's only 20 and has the potential to turn into the next Daei. Along side Dejagah we will have a potent offensive line up for the first time since 2007.

11. Kamran

Kamran Member

Nov 19, 2004
    Melbourne - AUS
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Couple of observations:

1. As I said before Khalatbari is most (I actually I think only) effective when he comes in as sub in 60th+ minute and punishes a tired defensive line up

2. Heidari is a headless chicken and Kaebi is missed, I understand he has problems with head coach but he has proven to let go of side issues if he wants too

3. We have so much depth in DM position it is scary Teymoyrian, Pejman Nouri and Nekounam can play the hell out of that position

4. Mobali is not TM material. This is not American Football when you carry someone in the team just as kicker. His performance in the first half made my eyes bleed and his set piece wasn't even good

5. I am so excited about prospect of the reserve team playing against UAE

6. The last two minutes time wasting South American style by Iranian players was so inspiring to watch. I was so nervous that our guys gonna grassroll but they pulled through and used their dribbling ability to waste time

7. I liked Hajsafi in this game he owned the left flank and went forward very nicely. He doesn't deserve all the craps he gets

8. I think Ghotbi will be missed as a coach after this tournament but I am hopeful that his replacement will be a classy coach to finish what he started

12. persianfootball

persianfootball Member+

Aug 5, 2004
    outside your realm
    1. it can be argued that he just had a bad day
    2. i think kaebi will never play again because of the green armband incident; i was actually impressed with heydaris passing today
    4. true
    5. yea
    6. it was hilarious how 3/4 throw ins/corners went our way in succession.:D

13. LordKira

LordKira New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    You ********ing sand **********hs
    us japanese will go ********ing jewish on your ********ing country and beat the ******** outta your gayass team

14. LordKira

LordKira New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I apologise for my comments above. The classy football that Iran plays has made my brain numb with excitement.

I wish to see more of that beatiful style of play by Iran, to get my fix, as well as those beautiful Iranian players. If that is but a mere representation of Iranians, you are all Gods amongst mere feeble men.

15. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    fail troll is fail :)

16. LordKira

LordKira New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I [​IMG] Iran.

Words cannot express how I feel about Iran and Iranians, so here are a couple of images:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

I hope all of this doesn't make me sound too gay.

17. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Let this be a lesson to any future trolls....

1 person likes this.
  18. It's called FOOTBALL

LMX Clubs
    Mexico
    May 4, 2009
    Chitown
    Did you ban him? He doesn't have a yellow card.

19. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    hahahahah Lord KIRa, what a suitable name

20. !Bob

!Bob Member

Apr 28, 2005
    UK
    Why ban someone who is so hopelessly in love?

21. LordKira

LordKira New Member

Jun 20, 2010
    Club:
    Manchester United FC

WHY WOULD HE
    DON'T YOU SEE
    I OBV LOVE IRAN
    LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
    oh mods

I was abused as a child and have some pent up frustration. My apologies...

22. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    LOL at Lord Kira's gay infatuation with Iran. Lord Kira if you're really desperate we can arrange for a few Iranian men to pleasure you anally Iranian style (It will cost you though)

23. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    On a serious note let's hope Bahrain does us a favor and clears our path to the final by beating Australia. Not that we need their help but the more hassle free the path, the better.

24. Team Melli forever

Jul 11, 2004
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran vs. Korea @ quarter finals, Ghotbi better prove he knows Korea inside and out as he always claims.

25. teammellieIRANfan

Feb 28, 2009
    Club:
    Perspolis
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Iran - UAE goals

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQ2GtXGeo_M"]YouTube - Iran 1 - UAE 0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-17XvbzithQ"]YouTube - Iran 2 - UAE 0[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEgNCuAWpOo"]YouTube - Iran 3 - UAE 0[/ame]