Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Huss, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. turkas

turkas New Member

Jul 9, 2007
    Lawrence
    Club:
    Kansas City Wizards
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey I have been a leaker for a long time here, but I finally got around to joing. I am a die hard USMNT follower and I am looking forward to getting into alot of great discussions about them and other soccer teams around the world.

2. Benedictine

Benedictine New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Made the jump

Since the Copa America and the FIFA junior world cup I've been coming here to read people's thoughts and opinions. Yahoo Answers was not enough so I've decided to join Big Soccer to expand my knowledge of Football.
    These are the national teams I support (in order)
    1. Nigeria (my native country)
    2. USA (Where I live)
    3. France (Because of Zidane)

I don't support any clubs, I just go for the underdogs like Shefield United, West Ham, etc

3. cuse2389

cuse2389 New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Hi..I joined bigsoccer today.I love Real Madrid and I love syracuse orange basketball.

4. Bicnarok

Bicnarok New Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Hello im new,

5. onlyme

onlyme New Member

Jun 27, 2007
    UK
    Hi I am new to the site, i am, an Arsenal Fan

6. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hey everyone... I am from Mexico and I'm ecstatic about the national team's performance in Copa America. I am a fan of Club America(las Aguilas) and l like Barcelona, Inter Milan, Atletico Madrid, and love watching the fast paced premier league even though I'm not a fan for any specific team.

7. Speedvan

Speedvan New Member

Jul 8, 2007
    Surrey
    Hey everyone...been brought here by a current member :) Hope to stick around for a long while.

8. El_Poblano

El_Poblano Member

Jul 10, 2007
    Pueblo
    Qué Onda?
    Finally decided to sign up after a year of reading the boards.
    On you Spurs! and hopefully the Rapids can do something this year against golden balls.

9. savelints8

savelints8 Member

Jun 5, 2007
    Jun 5, 2007
    Club:
    Colorado Rapids
    I've been lurking here for a while too. Figure I might as well make myself useful and start posting. I support my hometown Rapids and the Greek club Olympiakos (my family is originally from Greece). I especially like following English soccer, although I don't have a favorite English club. I check the BBC website just about every day to keep up on the guys across the pond.

Elsewhere in Europe, I like HSV, Hannover 96, Feyenoord, Empoli, Lazio, Valencia, and Sporting. It should be fun posting here...

10. Mass Twisters

Mass Twisters New Member

Jul 11, 2007

[FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']American Indoor Soccer League[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT]

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Twisters Welcome Bill Bullock as Team’s New General Manager
    (Cleveland, OH-July 4, 2007) Massachusetts Twisters owner Paul Lapointe announced this morning that William “Bill” Bullock has been named the general manager of the 2007 American Indoor Soccer League champions.

Lapointe and Bullock will also be working side by side on expanding the AISL

Bullock said, "I want to make the Twisters a household name. The first step in doing that will be to get the team involved the local community school programs and charitable organizations"

"I would like to thank Paul and Cathy for this great opportunity to come into an organization that won the AISL title last season. I look forward to adding to the great work that they have already done".

A native of Clinton Township, MI, the 31-year-old Bullock has a wide range of experience in the world of professional sports. From 1998 through 2002, Bullock worked at Palace Sports and Entertainment, serving as the director of outside sales for the NBA’s Detroit Pistons and director of suite sales for the NHL’s Tampa Bay Lightning.

After leaving PS&E, he served in upper management with two Michigan-based clubs in the United Hockey League (now the International Hockey League), the Port Huron Beacons and the Motor City Mechanics.

In 2004, Bullock struck out on his own, purchasing an expansion team in the International Basketball League, the Macomb County Mustangs. He operated the Mustangs, who played in the northern suburbs of Detroit for two seasons.

Bill “got his feet wet” in the sport of indoor soccer last winter, when he worked in the sales and marketing arm of the Detroit Ignition of the Major Indoor Soccer League. The Ignition were highly successful at the gate and on the field last season, playing to over ninety percent capacity at the Compuware Sports Arena, and earning a berth in the MISL Championship Game last April in their first season in the league.

Bill and his girlfriend Nickie recently relocated to Chicopee.

Bullock can be contacted at (586) 489-8884.

For more information on the Massachusetts Twisters, contact Paul Lapointe at (413) 569-0088.

The AISL will be starting its fifth season in early November. The full list of teams and the 2007-08 official schedule will be announced in August. The league has offices in West Springfield, MA (Administrative) and Cleveland, OH (Media Relations). For more information on the AISL, contact commissioner Paul Lapointe at (413) 569-0088 or director of marketing and media relations Rich Paschette at (216) 741-4144. Information on the league can also be found on the AISL's official website, www.aisl.org.

-AISL-

11. USDS

USDS New Member

Jun 12, 2007
    Torrance, California
    Hello all,
    I have checked this site out and it seems fun to finally have a US MNT/MLS soccer focus throughout. Never get any on Sports Center.

About myself;
    I am a US MNT fanatic - try not to ever miss a game. Also love an believe in our homegrown MLS. It is growing into a great league. I am a LA Galaxy fan even at their worst which means the last two years ( bring on Becks!). I also am interested in setting up a US MNT/MLS travel group so that fans can follow their favorite teams. Thanks!

12. Andy616

Andy616 New Member

Jul 11, 2007
    Westbury Long Island
    hey my name is Earl. Hope to be here for a while

13. alanpalmer51

alanpalmer51 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Ruislip (London)
    Hi,
    My names Alan Palmer a Watford fan living in Ruislip. (just outside London)

Like a lot of uk fans I've just accessed the site because of David Beckham. I'll be watching him next month at Wembley when we play Germany.

I'd like to know if anyone would be willing to send me the matchday programme LA Galaxy v Chelsea. (for my ten year old son David)

alanraymondpalmer@btinternet.com

I'd be more than happy to send something to you from uk

All the best from England. Best wishes Alan

14. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC
    Go on the LA Galaxy thread, we'll have a pre-match thread there and theres loads of fans who go to the games.

15. davidB1878

davidB1878 New Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Spokane, WA
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys! I'm new...... obviously... Well, I'm a big fan of Everton FC, The Revs, Harrisburg City Islanders (yes, before they beat DC United), Swindon Town FC, Vancouver Whitecaps, US National Team, and England National team... I don't really play it, cause i didn't start early enough when I was younger, but I love to watch it, talk about it, etc... So hope to enjoy myself here among friends...

16. BritFootieFan

BritFootieFan Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Deepest rural Kent
    Hiya. I am a great fan of the non-league game in the UK, but am interested in all football.
    Signed up because the excitement of Becks joining the Galaxy was just too delicious to ignore.
    Enjoy watching all the MLS games that get shown on tv here.
    But at the end of the day, just love talking football, any time, any place, anywhere!

17. Leedsunited

Leedsunited Member

Jun 14, 2007
    Yorkshire
    Club:
    Leeds United AFC

Which obscure local one? Great to see more MLS fans on the right side of the pond.

18. Wolmiskav

Wolmiskav New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Lima, Perú
    Hello, my name is Miguel, I'm from Perú. I hope I can enjoy in this community.

19. BritFootieFan

BritFootieFan Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Deepest rural Kent
    Hi Leedsunited, Margate FC for all my sins... Following your story with interest, hope that situation gets sorted out asap. Leeds United is too big a club, it will rise again I am sure.

20. Thatturkishguy

Thatturkishguy New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Ahoy! Don't know if anybody reads these but I live in the US and I've been playing my whole life. Been visiting the forums for a little bit and decided it'd be nice to weigh in on some topics. Favorite clubs are DC United, Galatasary and of course Barca.

21. Mass Twisters

Mass Twisters New Member

Jul 11, 2007

[FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif']American Indoor Soccer League[/FONT][FONT='Arial Black','sans-serif'][/FONT]
    For more information, contact AISL Media Relations Director Rich Paschette
    Home: (216) 741-4144 Cell: (216) 337-4465 E-Mail: AISLPR@aol.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Three AISL Players Selected in MISL Supplemental Player Draft
    (Cleveland, OH-July 12, 2007) In this afternoon’s Major Indoor Soccer League’s Supplemental Player Draft, two current and one former American Indoor Soccer League players were selected amongst the 141 total players drafted in the seventeen round affair.

The Orlando Sharks, drafted Connally Edozien, who played for the Cincinnati Excite during the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons, with the first selection in the draft. Edozien is currently playing for the Carolina Railhawks of the United Soccer League’s Division One.

Forward Mike McGinlay, who had two strong seasons with the Excite, was selected in the tenth round (89th pick overall) by the Chicago Storm. The Storm also selected Bato Radoncic, the AISL’s 2007 Most Valuable Player in the 11th round (98th overall pick).

In addition, the Philadelphia Kixx selected Dayton O’Brien, the first player signed last season by the ill-fated Memphis MOJO, with their second round selection.

The American Indoor Soccer League, which will feature teams in Cincinnati, Rockford, IL, Springfield, MA, Tulsa, and Waukegan, IL, will be starting it’s fifth anniversary season this November. The full schedule will be released in early August. The league has offices in West Springfield, MA (Administrative) and Cleveland, OH (Media Relations). For more information on the AISL, contact commissioner Paul Lapointe at (413) 569-0088 or director of media relations Rich Paschette at (216) 741-4144. Information on the league can also be found on the AISL's official website, www.aisl.org.

22. enigmattic122

enigmattic122 New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Boston, MA
    Hey everybody,

I'm Matt, I spend most of my time in Boston, MA, the rest of it in Providence, RI. I kind of got obsessed with football last year during the world cup. The teams I follow closest are Arsenal, Barça, Celtic and Marseille. My national teams are France and Portugal.

I also like checking up on the results of Benfica, Inter, Ajax, Bayern Munich, FC Copenhagen and Sydney FC. I also like seeing Scotland, Australia, Canada and Holland win, unless it's against France or Portugal of course.

Cheers,
    Matt

23. Sprengeler

Sprengeler New Member

Jul 13, 2007
    Wheaton
    Hey everyone Sprengeler here reportling live from way up north in the land of 10,000 ice rinks, Minnesota.

I am new to these borads but I have been a soccer fan for a long time. I have always watched the sport when on ESPN and what not but I didnt become a big fan of Soccer until the 2006 World Cup. Despite the poor performance of the U.S I still watched and love it.

I am a big big hockey fan and love my Minnesota Wild and since Minnesota dosent have soccer I became a L.A fan because of Landon Donovan. I am trying to learn more about soccer and talk to people who know the sport more than I do so I can learn more.

So please be patient with me I wont try to say anything to stupid.:D

24. karimaka

karimaka New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    Kuching
    Hi I'm Adrian From Malaysia. I'm new in forums.

Check out this blog

25. SteveTheBrit

SteveTheBrit New Member

Jul 14, 2007
    London
    Hi all

I am a major "soccer" fan from Britain, and am very excited about the arrival of David Beckham in America. It will be interesting to see whether he can break the US market and bring "football" to the USA! I am a massive Chelsea FC fan, and am looking forward to his debut against us coming up shortly.

If anyone has any questions about Beckham, mainstream soccer, or anything, then feel free to drop me a PM ;)

SteveTheBrit