Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Huss, Feb 6, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Huss

Huss Member

Aug 1, 1995
    New York, NY
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Hello new BigSoccer member! This is the thread to introduce yourself in. So tell us a little about yourself and we'll say hi back. Please note, you have to use this thread since brand new members can reply to existing threads, but cannot yet create new threads.

2. Fleven

Fleven New Member

Feb 6, 2006
    USA
    Hola! I've read this forum for about a year now and just lately decided to join in the conversations. Guess in a way I felt comfortable "lurking" but I've taken the big step :D
    I live in the US. Favourite teams are River Plate and Manchester United.
    GO ARGENTINA!!

3. flyerhawk

flyerhawk Member

Feb 5, 2006
    Hoboken NJ
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi folks. Been reading this site for a few weeks and wanted to say hi.

I don't get to watch as much football as I would like but I do enjoy it.

Not really a huge fan of any particular club but I do like Arsenel, Barcelona, and Valencia.

4. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  5. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Hello to all. :)

Toilets are on the left, second floor. Beer is $2 and the bar closes at 4am sharp.

6. The Big E

The Big E New Member

Feb 7, 2006
    Mineapolis, MN USA
    Hey!

A friend suggested checking out this site. I played until I blew my knee out a few years ago. Now I coach. Those who cannot play coach. I'm travelling to London and Roma and would appreciate any tips or suggestions about seeing matches while in these two cities.

London - March 12-18
    Roma - March 19-25

I'm a Gooner. Have been since watching Ian Wright and Tony Adams play on TV in the early nineties.

Thanks!

The Big E
    "still afloat out of sheer distraction on the part of fate"

7. gaijin

gaijin New Member

Aug 1, 2004
    Malaysia
    Strangely enough, and he's gonna hate me for doing this - but nicephoras who mods the Chelsea board is a Chelsea and Lazio fan who currently resides in London.

You could start a thread in the Chelsea NSR forum for tips of going to see Chelsea play (even if you are a Gooner :p ) and no doubt nice may be able to chip in some Rome suggestions.

8. marc33

marc33 New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    england
    hello
    a friend put me this way to this site, im travelling this year and wanna play some football some where any one no any teams to play for???

9. pierreram

pierreram New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    hello.

i been going around this site for a few weeks now and im from chicago and play for my school. i hope to learn a few things here.thanks

10. blackrooster

blackrooster New Member

Jan 6, 2006
    Hey, I just joined recently. I'm a big soccer fan, big U.S. fan and fan of Serie A. But I guess I'm mostly interested in finding out everything about the World Cup because my friends and I are going for a week in June. But does anyone know how I can post a new thread? I'm kind of limited with the forum if I can't initiate a new topic. Do I need to pay to post new threads? Thanks. And if anyone's going to Berlin--Brazil/Croatia or Hamburg--Costa Rica/Ecuador, give me a shout. Thanks.

11. intravenouslyleeds

intravenouslyleeds New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    gloucester
    hi members, what do u all want 2 know?
    1/ my username says where my allegiance is-intravenouslyleeds
    1st memory of being a fan was crying as an 8yr old after losing 1970 fa-cup replay to chelsea, shed a few more tears since.
    total sports nut, live breathe everything sport, both participating or on the sofa,
    represented my county and town in 6 different sports
    ( jack of all trades- master of none)
    made loads of friends through sport
    married twice and got another trying to get me their again,
    told her i got an allergy against marzipan!
    into bouncing views on general sports as well as specifics
    looking foreward 2u all
    hopefully this could be a fun site 4me
    upon looking around senses not an easy site to get around
    ant tips would be most welcome

12. Americanbob

Americanbob New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Shirley,NY
    Hi there , My name is Bob and I go by the moniker of Americanbob and I am fresh back from across the pond, I've been a football fan for a long time, did some youth coaching but premier league football puts soccer in a new persceptive for us in the states. Its like MLS on high output sugar. I was introduced to English football at a Fulham match at Craven Cottage " the cottage", just plain awesome, 90 minutes of pure action, without the commercials. Now I am a converted Fan of Premier league soccer. Also you can find me on FulhamUSA.com. Glad to be joining the ranks...

13. Americanbob

Americanbob New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Shirley,NY
    Hi there , My name is Bob and I go by the moniker of Americanbob and I am fresh back from across the pond, I've been a football fan for a long time, did some youth coaching but premier league football puts soccer in a new persceptive for us in the states. Its like MLS on high output sugar. I was introduced to English football at a Fulham match at Craven Cottage " the cottage", just plain awesome, 90 minutes of pure action, without the commercials. Now I am a converted Fan of Premier league soccer. Also you can find me on FulhamUSA.com. Glad to be joining the ranks...

14. FootyFanatic1982

FootyFanatic1982 New Member

Feb 12, 2006
    Canada
    Hello lads and gals.

It's nice to be among fellow footy fans. I have been a member of a number of footy-related boards for years and surprisingly never really came across this board, although it looks like the biggest one around.

My name is Ray and I reside in Niagara Falls, Ontario, Canada. I am 23 years old and love everything about the game of football.

My parents are from Malta, which is an island just south of Sicily, while my grandad was British, so I have a deep-rooted soccer family. I support Manchester United in England, largely due to my british side of the family and in Italy, I have always supported Juventus, because of my other close ties.

I get a lot of heat though because when it comes to Europe, I always pull for the Red Devils. I just love the English game and the style in which the Brits play.

So Glory Glory Man United and Forza Juve. Atleast the Italian side is doing well. In England, well the Rich boys wearing Blue in London are just too deep at the moment.

Anyways, it's nice to be among fellow fans and I look forward to chatting with you all.

Cheers

15. shihadeh01

shihadeh01 New Member

Feb 14, 2006
    durkha durkha sharpa sharpa netherlands has a good group that wont be playing while england is double stacked at every position but coachless watch out for those portuguese looking strong from uefa and you cant keep but saying adriano may rip it up this summer

16. bjornorama

bjornorama New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    New to the Board... a San Jose Quakes fan (sniff... sniff... frigging AEG)... and a general fan of the beautiful game.

17. _RusH_

_RusH_ I Think I'm Going Bald

Feb 14, 2006
    I grew up watching the Cosmos and Pele in New York. Originally from Argentina, 1978 was a very memorable year if my youth :)
    I played in a team in school, but was never very good. Today, because of the wonderful world of cable and satellite I have been almost re-introduced to the sport...being in the dark ages in the USA for long time.
    I especially like watching the play in Europe...some teams I follow now are Real Madrid, Barcelona, Inter-Milan, Arsenal, Celtic.

18. Biscuit

Biscuit New Member

Feb 13, 2006
    Falls Church,VA
    Hey - long time lurker, first time poster. Big E, looks like we'll be in London around the same time as I'll be there May 17- 22nd. Anywho, glad to be here, see you on the boards.

19. Kieronian

Kieronian New Member

Feb 15, 2006
    USA
  20. The Old Lady Hertha

The Old Lady Hertha New Member

Dec 15, 2004
    Boston, MA
    Club:
    Hertha BSC Berlin
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
  21. zveljarin

zveljarin New Member

Feb 16, 2006
    hi i am a new comer from malta . Very happy to join in and a big hello to all Pmpey fans all over the world.
    We certainly need some inspiration at the moment

22. Deluxe 007

Deluxe 007 New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Gloryland
    Hallo to all!

I'm from Mexico, and I'm going to the WM 2006.

That summarises pretty much all. :D

Cheers.

23. acricketer

acricketer New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Hi
    JD from UK, living in US

24. Carded out of Play

Carded out of Play New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    New York
    Allright, first post.

I've been an Arsenal supporter since I was five, when I lived in London. Following the team was tough when my family moved back to the states, but it's gotten easier with cable tv and the internet. I've read this site for awhile, and thought I'd join, see how it goes. Looking forward to it.

25. Minotti

Minotti New Member

Feb 17, 2006
    Sweden
    From sweden, actually same place as Zlatan ibrahimovic (if u know him ;) ). Love football but my fav team (parma)sucks ass and it's frustrating as hell. I just hope this season ends soon and we get new contract. :)

I study in university, my third year, next year is the last.