Introduce Yourself Here

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by ProfZodiac, Jul 8, 2012.

1. friggincoldnd

friggincoldnd New Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Hello all,
    My family is all about soccer and also a military family about to be given a decision about getting orders to either ramstein afb or spangdaleim (misspelled sorry). The problem is my daughter (12 years old) plays competitive soccer in the states and I am having a hard time finding youth competitive clubs near either base. Anyone know any place to look?

2. itcheyness

itcheyness Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hi, I'm from Milwaukee Wisconsin, my name is Andrew, and my favorite teams are the Milwaukee Rampage (gone), Seattle Sounders, Philadelphia Union, Everton, and Bayern Munich.

Also, for some reason I can't post topics either.

3. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New users can't start topics immediately.

4. itcheyness

itcheyness Member

Jul 30, 2012
    Milwaukee
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I figured, I just wanted to make sure.

5. sfhsdp10

sfhsdp10 New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Hello everyone... wondering why it says insufficient privileges to post? can anybody help out a newbie?

6. m bison

m bison New Member

Aug 4, 2012
    Club:
    San Antonio Scorpions FC
    Hey folks,

I'm from San Antonio and I support the Scorpions. Relatively new to soccer fandom, but not new to the game. I've been trying for years to get into football as an adult and it turns out I was just watching the wrong kind. I am a basketball fan first, but I've adopted soccer as my second sport.

7. ishqemamnu

ishqemamnu New Member

Aug 5, 2012
    Club:
    3 de Febrero
  8. G00lkEpEER

G00lkEpEER New Member

Aug 6, 2012
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bulgaria
    Hi guys Im new to the forum.I play for Ludogorec (goalkeeper) and Im 15.My favorite team is Arsenal and I hope I will have fun :}

9. sxswsw

sxswsw New Member

Aug 8, 2012
    Club:
    ADO Den Haag
    china!!hello,everyone

10. bainsey

bainsey Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Maine
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Greetings from a ref in Maine. (New fresh meat.)

dadman repped this.
  11. mxpbolt959

mxpbolt959 Member

Jan 6, 2012
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Hello. Cameroonian living in Texas. Huge Eto'o and Shevchenko fan. Milanista as well.

12. PotomacMD89

PotomacMD89 New Member

Aug 10, 2012
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    hello everyone! this is my first post! long live the beautiful game!

dadman repped this.
  13. Andika Sanjaya

Andika Sanjaya New Member

Aug 9, 2012
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  14. ElHammer

ElHammer Member

Aug 11, 2012
    In the studio
    Club:
    CDSC Cruz Azul
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Cruz Azul supporter and recently sufferer, awaiting the commencement of Europe's top leagues.

15. gooddating

gooddating New Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Club:
    London City
    Hi to All.
    I'm from Bangladesh but i would love to support Brazilian Football team.

16. Mizar

Mizar Member

Aug 13, 2012
    Atlanta
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hello fellow soccernuts. New to the site. Mexican living in ATL. Proud supporter of Club America, the best representatives of my hometown Mexico City. Favorite players: Cuauhtemoc Blanco, Ronaldo (the real Ronaldo), Zidane, Pablo Aimar, and Salvador Cabanas.

Cheers to all and happy BSing!!!:thumbsup:

Miguel Myers repped this.
  17. israwon

israwon New Member

May 25, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    hello i am new here...

18. buckitalian

buckitalian Member+

Aug 13, 2012
    Canal Winchester, Ohio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hi all, I'm from Columbus, Ohio. I support the local team as well as Napoli, Celtic and Chelsea.

19. GetYourKitOn.net

GetYourKitOn.net New Member

Aug 16, 2012
    Ireland
    Club:
    Bohemians Dublin
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    Hi Guys, Jonathan here from the Republic of Ireland. I'm a Bohemian FC fan from Dublin. Owner of getyourkiton.net and general Soccer lover. I hope to chat with as many of you as possible in the near future.

Cheers
    Jonathan

20. MLSthroughandthrough

Jul 11, 2012
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey guys - new to the mix - used to come on here a lot but backed away and I am back. Looking forward to the site! How long until we can post and create new topics?

21. MindGames7

MindGames7 Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Hi, I'm a Manchester United supporter, as that's where I go to watch matches, but I'm a fan of any player, manager or team that plays football in a way that I like. My favourite players are Rio Ferdinand, Nemanja Vidic, Jonny Evans and Michael Carrick at United, and I'm also a fan of Thiago Silva, Eric Abidal, Ricardo Carvalho, Xavi and Sergio Busquets. My favourite manager is obviously Sir Alex Ferguson, but Josep Guardiola has more similar tactical philosophies to myself. I put him down as the footballer I'd most like to meet.

As you can probably tell, I like intelligent defensive players. I rate them much higher than the superstars that score lots of goals, as I believe that defenders and deep lying midfielders have more of an influence over a teams' performance. Without them, those forward players wouldn't be able to get forward in the first place. I also get very frustrated by players like Ronaldo, I don't rate him at all. For every goal he scores, he's to blame for his team conceding one. I find him very selfish and he takes too many risks. His greatest achievement is managing to convince two of the greatest managers of all time to build their teams around him. Immensely talented but not very clever with his positioning or decision making.

A lot of people will disagree with me, which is why I always use statistical evidence and logical reasoning to back myself up. I calculate how accurate / successful players are at short passing, long passing, dribbling, intercepting, heading... all sorts. Then I do totals for defensive, offensive, and overall contribution. To find out how useful players are in big games where teams are evenly matched, I calculate the average of the defence and attack success percentages. I hope you'll find my stats interesting at the very least, and I'd like to ask you to at least think about some of the ideas that I have to put forward. In certain other forums that I've been on, people just haven't understood what I'm trying to say and I find that very frustrating. There seems to be a lot of intelligent people on this one, though, so I have high hopes for it.

So when will I be able to post?

22. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome from another Manchester United fan. The administrators won't say how many posts you need in order to start a topic. Have you read the Statistics and Analysis forum?

23. MindGames7

MindGames7 Member

Aug 17, 2012
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ah... I was thinking that the "insufficient priviliges to post here" thing at the bottom meant I couldn't post at all in anything except this thread, but it turns out that I can post replies.

For this reason, I've only looked a little bit at other forums since I joined. It would just frustrate me to read things without being able to reply to them.

Thanks for your reply.

24. Thalion

Thalion New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    Hello everyone! I'm Carlo from the Philippines. I'm a fan of Barclona, Manchester United and Chelsea. My favorite players are Lionel Messi, Givanildo Vieira de Souza aka Hulk, Xavi, Andres Iniesta, Petr Cech, Ronaldinho, Chicharito, Frank Lampard and Didier Drogba.

25. Nish Gunasingam

Nish Gunasingam New Member

Aug 19, 2012
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Hello Everyone. Just thought I'd introduce myself. Blackburn fan living in London here.