Introduce Yourself Here [Part II]

Discussion in 'Introductions Board' started by Chicago1871, Jul 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Hey people, glad to have found this site. I've contributed to various forums over the years but i kept on hearing this site's name so i thought i'd join the fun.

2. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    hey i'm new here

been lurking this board for a while...what was the deciding factor in me joing then? well i've been banned at xtratime. some new no religion policy and i didn't want to change my username...

hope the moderators here are more friendly and open minded :D

3. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I know the place. I checked it out before joining here. Total loser forum.

4. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I've been meaning to post a thread about that. It's very confusing that both words are used to describe the same sport. Big Soccer should make a ruling on that.

This is football:

[​IMG]

And this is soccer:

[​IMG]

5. lemonstarbursts

Dec 7, 2007
    DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Hello! I'm new here. My name is Gina. I live in Washington, DC and am a huge DC United fan. I have always been a casual soccer fan but have really gotten into it the last few years.

Happy to be here with fellow soccer fans :D

6. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Here's the deal gents. The sport is played around the world by many cultures in many countries and thus has many names. They're all accepted here. Refer to it by the name you prefer and let other refer to it by the name they prefer.

For those of you who didn't acquaint yourselves with the Terms of Service when you joined, I highly recommend you do it again.

7. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I have no problem with that, as long as it's not referred to with a word that's used to describe another sport. It gets very confusing that way.

8. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    When your discussing the sport here on BigSoccer, unless your in the Other Sports forum, you can be sure that a reference to "football" is not a reference to American football (also known as pointyball).

Trust me, it doesn't really get confusing.

9. BizCut

BizCut New Member

Dec 10, 2007
    Tychy, Poland
    Hello everyone! I'm new here. I'm from Poland and I found out, that my one in favourite player ''Magic'' Zurawski probably he will be play in LA, I decided to get to know a bit your league and team ;)

10. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    i think you mixed it up a bit

what you call soccer is actually football. and here's the logic for that the game is played in a way that 22 players kick a ball around the field with their foot. hence football

what you call football is played in a way that a huge number of black people catch an egg shaped object thrown by a white person with their hands. only allowed contact of the egg shaped object with the foot is allowed if they bring in a special player. i see no logic as to why the game should be called football. think up of a name that makes some sense :rolleyes:
    while we're at it anyone notice the racist undertones in american football, the game is set up in a way that the ball can be passed only once, in most cases its by quarterback who's by default almost always white, and its the huge black people who have to chase it and take a beating. for a politically correct society such as usa i find it a bit curious that their favorite pass time is so openly racist.

11. Silvio_B

Silvio_B Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Espana
    so i gt a warning by mr bigshot admin 4 callin sm peon a retard, bt u gt away wit callin sm1 a nazi. :( dat site xtrashite, i gt bad memoryz off, thy dnt even warn u b4 banning u, which sukz like big time, lol big time, big soccer, ha ha. mayb a nu motto 4 th site. mods wht u say.

12. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Damn right, you deserve a ban for that posting style man.

13. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    Yeah, some logic. As if in football the ball isn't kicked. :rolleyes:

This is ridiculous! Typical left leaning European bullshit. What's next? You're going to say pool is a racist game because the white ball is hitting the black balls? :rolleyes:

14. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I have no idea what this says. :confused:

15. Jah Rastafari

Jah Rastafari Red Card

Dec 9, 2007
    there's only one black ball on the table so this is going to the extremes. you can't really compare it with american football. but the idea behind the white ball hitting on black balls is clearly racist.

think about it for a win you have to hit the black ball, in snooker black ball carries most points. didn't you ask yourself why does it always have to be black ball. whats wrong with a green ball for example? why is hitting black ball more valuable than hitting red ball for example? the man who created poll is clearly racist

16. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    You better start at understanding your own bullshit first. Understanding other people seems a bit far fetched for you right now.

17. Silvio_B

Silvio_B Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Espana
    bite me, dis bigsoccer is democrcy dude, so i hav mch rite being here as u do. so dnt b givin me shit and stuff, u gt a prblm with me or smtin. coz i let u off first time, bt dis time there will b no mercy.

18. Soccer Rocker USA

Dec 7, 2007
    I will have no problem understanding people once they stop calling soccer football.

19. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Learn to spell first little one.

So you have problems understanding 95% of this world's population? Sounds very american indeed.

20. Silvio_B

Silvio_B Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    Espana
    oooh what a cm back, seriously ur waaaaaay out of my league. plz keep ur awesum deb8ing tactix limitd, coz we r nt worthy.

21. Stinkmeaner

Stinkmeaner Red Card

Dec 8, 2007
    You are absolutely right, thank you for acknowledging my obvious superiority.

22. SOCCER MADMAN

SOCCER MADMAN New Member

Dec 8, 2007
    Silvio, you're a bit of a retard aren't you :D

Oh, and:

[​IMG]

I may not live there anymore, but damn I love my Country. A country who's soccer team rules all, espcially those smelly euopeans.

23. LG David

LG David Member

Dec 9, 2007
    Liverpool
    Club:
    Everton FC
    Hello everyone!

Everton fan here. Season ticket holder in the Street End.

Only a young'un, 18. Be nice.

24. steveironcity

steveironcity New Member

Dec 11, 2007
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Hello, im from Pittsburgh, PA, and support Rangers FC.

25. Chicago1871

Chicago1871 Member

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is the first time the moderators of this forum have had to inject themselves into a "conversation" and/or edit posts for inappropriate content in this forum. This is the only warning the lot of you (you know who you are) are going to get. This forum is for introductions only. Not flame wars. Not tirades of any kind. Not petty fights.

If you have an issue with another poster I suggest you speak with them through private messages and settle your differences. If you can't settle your differences, then action will be taken by the higher ups around here.

We moderators rely on the members of the BigSoccer to police themselves. If you feel that a poster has posted inappropriate content please use the "Report Post" feature and we will take the necessary action.

Thank you.