[Int'l friendlies] Guatemala v Paraguay & v Guyana Pre/PBP/Post; 22/2 & 29/2 [R]

Discussion in 'Guatemala' started by ChaChaFut, Feb 20, 2012.

1. lguti9

lguti9 Member

Aug 5, 2008
    virginia
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Well Dre im also in shock that Almeida hasnt called Jean Marquez, regarding Tulio Ciani from what i've seen from him so far, right now in Guate he's the most talented midfielder we have, he got some sick moves and can score from far away too. He'll be the perfect match for Contreras. I hope u agree with me on this one Dre, we need some more skillfull and fast forwards, maybe a Lester Ruiz along with Campollo or Carlos Villa. Because to tell you the truth lads, i dont know if Carlos Ruiz is always going to be that lucky on getting the ball, lets remember he's getting up there. He's not as agile and fast as he used to be.

2. dezeptus

dezeptus Member

Dec 13, 2007
    Los Angeles, CA
    Club:
    CSD Comunicaciones
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Ciani would be perfect as the "10" of the team. He and Estrada play that role with Cremas beautifully right now.

3. ChaChaFut

ChaChaFut Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Agreed on Ciani, gotta give him a chance based on current form. He just needs to learn keep his cool, as he has a tendency to get carded lot.

As for Ruiz, not only is he not getting any younger, but after more than a decade, opponents know we tend to feed most balls to him and know how to cover him pretty well.

Thank you very much for the commentary and summary, drerodz.

4. drerodz

drerodz Member

Jan 10, 2007
    SF Bay Area
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    I agree that we have alot of forwards with potential, but we lack attacking opportunities for the forwards to get shots off. The midfield ball control/attack is inconsistent and going into the next WCQ's we have to step our game up.

We have 4 months and 2 friendlies left in order to work the kinks out in our game and get our final starting 11. These guys should be having calls ups and friendlies just like the U-20's and U-23's do.

The Paraguay game showed that we need to work on our speed. Guyana game showed us we need to work on our ball possession and tactical work. IMO we shouldnt wait until April for another friendly. Almeida should be calling up these boys again next week and get working.

5. lazulyblanco

lazulyblanco Member

Oct 20, 2010
    Club:
    Corinthians Sao Paulo
    Contreras, Ciani, Lopez, Pappa, Ruiz sounds good to me. We also have Arreola, Marquez, Henry, Campollo, Loco, Samayoa, Herrarte cuando se recupere. But definitely we need un buen contencion, i would like to see Cholo Noriega o un Cotto, en lugar de Leon, creo que daria mas estabilidad. He deserves a shot, he's playing very good with Marquense.