Interviews with players

Discussion in 'China' started by ntg., May 4, 2013.

1. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Puckodum repped this.
  2. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    南都:这是你在广州的第4年了,这批主力球员里你是资格最老的球员。2010年初来广州的时候预感不到你的职业生涯高峰[微博]要来了吧?
    Nandu News: This is your fourth year coming to Guangzhou, in this team, you have the highest seniority (ntg note: not sure why the fcuk the reporter said that while Zheng Zhi is in the team too). In 2010, when you came to Guangzhou, did you predict the highest end of your career is coming?

郜林:当时选择挺困难的,广州队还是中甲球队,我换了新俱乐部,俱乐部具体的运作和规范程度、发展前景都未知。而且对于我来说,踢球以来第一次转会,没有经历过,不知道转会之后会发生什么,也许好也许坏。反正经历了挺长时间的纠结。
    Gao Lin: It was a difficult decision to make at first, Guangzhou Evergrande was a second tier team during that time. I (just) changed the club, and I am not sure of how the club operates and what the future will look like. To me, this is my first time changing club, I never tried it before, I don't know what it would be like after my transfer. Maybe it's good and maybe it's bad. It took me a while to get used to this.

南都:现在看来选择再正确不过了。
    Nandu News: Judging now, it seems you made a good decision.

郜林:当时有别的中超[微博]球队可以去,但我想想,恒大很有诚意,刘永灼亲自到上海找我谈了好几回,包括个人待遇、球队的发展和规划,给我做了很详细的介绍,我就有了信心。你能看到一个很好的前景,才会去尝试,让自己有一个新的开始。当时在上海过得不如意,这个大家都知道。现在看,当时的选择是非常正确的,只是当时那种纠结和感觉不太好受。有一次转会就够了,也不希望有下一次。

Gao Lin: During that time, I could have went to another CSL club, but Guangzhou Evergrande was the most sincere one. The top man of Guangzhou Evergrande (Liu Yong-something) went to Shanghai to talk to me for a good few rounds, he told me about my personal gains, the club's direction and details. After he gave me the detailed plan, I have confidence in the club. If you see a good future, then you will try, and this gave me a new start. I wasn't happy during my time in Shanghai, everyone konws that. Looking at now, the decision (to come to Evergrande) is very correct, the only bad thing is the strangling feel of transfering to different club. Transfer to one club is enough, I don't want to transfer again.

3. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    南都:从什么时候开始听得懂广州球迷用粤语喊你名字?
    Nandu news: Since when you understand the Guangzhou Evergrande fans are chanting your name in Cantonese?

郜林:广州队有这种习惯,一开始我听不懂,是广州的队友告诉我,他们在喊你,你去打打招呼。来了之后打几场比赛就听明白了。
    Gao Lin: Evergrande has this habit (of chanting in Cantonese), at first I don't understand at all (ntg note: Cantonese and Mandarin are very god damned different), my Guangzhou teammates told me that the fans are actually chanting for me and I should go and say hi to them. After a few matches I got used ot it.

南都:跟球迷的交流中你印象比较深的事情有哪些?出租车师傅不收你钱?买东西打折?
    Nandu News: In your interactions with fans, what is some of your deepest experience? E.g. taxi driver didn't take your money? Getting discount while shopping?

郜林:例子有很多。在天河附近活动的时候能碰到更多球迷,我女朋友给我起的绰号叫“正佳小王子”,我俩经常在正佳广场那儿吃饭,恰好几家餐馆和甜品店的老板是球迷,有时候会给我们打折,免单,送些水果和礼品。感觉非常温馨,非常舒服。该付钱的我还是会付钱,但打折或者一些小礼品,我是会接受的。这是他们的心意。
    Gao Lin: There are a lot of examples. For example, when I was strolling around Tianhe (a shopping district), my girlfriend gave me a nickname of Prince Zhengjia because we always shop around the Zhengjia shopping mall. When we were shopping, some of the restaurant and dessert shop owners are Evergrande fans. They would give me discount, free meals, free fruits and gifts. It feels great and comfortable to have these kind of service. I would still pay whe nI need to pay, but when they give me discount or gift, I will still receive it. Those are the fans' wishes.

南都:粤语现在能说几句了?球迷永远用广州话为球队助威,不管球员是否听得懂,你怎么看待这个现象?
    Nandu News: You can speak a couple sentences of Cantonese now? The Evergrande fans always use Cantonese to cheer for the team, regardless if the players understand or not, what do you think of that?

郜林:还不太会,我不太会说,有些简单的能听明白。原来跟健华和坪枫在一起的时候还能听懂一些,现在球队包容性更大。我觉得他们用粤语助威挺好,这是一种特点一种风格,应该保持和延续。地方球队应该有地方球队的特色。
    Gao Lin: I don't really understand Cantonese. I can't speak well, I can understand some simple Cantonese. When I lived with Li Jianhua and Wu Pingfeng, I could understand abit. Now the club is more accepting. I think the fans should use Cantonese to cheer, this is a style and unique point of the team, it should continue. Each regional team should have its speciality.

4. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    南都:以前大家都爱用进球来衡量你,你的射门踢飞了,他们会揶揄你,给你起个绰号叫“郜飞机”,你表现好了大家也调侃你,喊你“C郜”。坦白说,有段时间你成为大家宣泄的重点对象,你内心可郁闷?
    Nandu News: Before everyone loves to judge you based on goal-scoring, when your shoot the ball away, they would make fun of you and give you a nickname of "Gao Feiji" (Airplane Gao), when your score a goal, fans will call you "C. Gao". Honestly, There were couple of time you were blamed, would you feel bad about this?
    郜林:这个挺正常,球迷最重要的是看比赛的结果,看球员有好的发挥。每个球员不能保证在一年里都保持很高的竞技状态。这两年我也在转变,首先自己确实会有一些……说心里话,有一段不高兴的时期。

Gao Lin: This is pretty normal, the players are very crucial of match result and players' good performance. Every players can't guarantee they can keep high performance throughout the year, of course, I can admit....in my heart that I wasn't happy for a while.

5. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    南都:你自己分析为什么会出现这种状况?
    Nandu: When did you analyzie yourself that this situation would happen?

郜林:自己位置在变,射门机会越来越少。穆里奇他们一场比赛有4到5个机会去把握,进了1个就完成任务了。我自己又要去协助防守,又要进攻,对体能本来就有很高要求,而且比赛中,一场球只会有一到两个机会给我,机会好坏还不一定,这种情况下得分率下降,我觉得很正常。球迷则很直观地看到结果,有部分人即使你踢得好也照样骂你,有部分人是调侃开玩笑,希望我能进步,认为我有空间去进步,各种各样的声音,都能理解

Gao Lin: My position is changing, and my chance of shooting is getting less and less. Muriqui and those people have 4 to 5 chances a game, and they would complete a goal. Myself, I have to support the defence and attack at the same time, this is exhausting. Infact, in one match, there's usually only one or two chances for me to score, and the chances can be good or bad. In this situation, the opportunity to score has been decreased, (so for myself not scoring) it is normal. For the fans, they would just be aware of the score, some people will yell at you even if you played well, some people make fun of me, hoping I can improve and think I have the potential to improve. I can understand different voice from different views.

6. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    南都:恒大球迷可能不太在意你踢什么位置,但更多中国球迷就不一样了。你在恒大拉边太久了,会不会影响你在国家队射门的感觉?
    Nandu: Evergrande fans might not really care what positions you play, but for the Chinese fans it is a different story. With you playing on the side (instead of striker) in Evergrande for such a long time, will this affect your scoring touch for Team China?

郜林:这是没办法的事,你必然会遇到。情况就是这样,中超俱乐部几乎都是双外援前锋,甚至有些加一个外援攻击中场,中国球员在前面只有边前卫的位置了,这是中国足球的现状,你改变不了,只能自己去适应。我只能在恒大踢好自己的位置,尽可能去借鉴这些外援处理球的方式,然后运用到国家队比赛上。

Gao Lin: This is something I cna't avoid, you will see this situation for sure. It is like this, most of the CSL teams use double foreign strikers, some teams even have a foreign attacking midfielder. The Chinese players (nearest to the attacking ends) are the side attacking-midfield positions, this is the current trend of Chinese footblal, you can't change it, and all I can do is the get used to it. I can play my best for my Evergrande position, and learn from the foreigner strikers (to see how to handle the ball) and apply my knowledge in Team China (as striker role).

南都:大家都期待你长了的球、长了的能力,能够带到国家队,但往往情况不如大家期待的那么好。在国家队踢球你觉得比较困难的地方在哪儿?
    Nandu: Everyone is anticipating for your long ball skill. However, most of the time the performance in Team China doesn't match with the fans' expectation. What do you think is the most difficult part in playing for Team China?

郜林:还是球迷跟舆论的压力。说白了,国家队就这个水平,你指望国家队跟日韩或者西亚,乃至世界上的球队竞争,你拿什么竞争?人家一个位置上的顶尖球员能挑出来4到5个,就是这种情况。中国踢球的人有多少?现在的水平跟基础是挂钩的,你没有别人的基础,只能是这种水平。球迷希望中国队踢得更好,但现在状况就是这样。我们处在这个水平线上,不可能一夜之间有非常大的改变。所有的改变都首先来自基础的改变。

Gao Lin: The pressure is from the fans' comments and discussion. To be honest, Team China is this quality, if you want Team China to compete with Japan, Korea, West Asia, and even World teams, what can you compete/compare Team China with? In one position, other teams can have 4 to 5 great players. How many professional football players in China now? The quality of Team China is on par with the foundation. If you don't have other teams' foundation, this is the quality. The fans hope Team China can play better, but looking at now, we are at this level of quality, it is impossible for us to have a significant level of improvement overnight. Any improvements require changes from the foundation.

南都:你是说外界给国家队的压力不应该那么大?
    Nandu: You said people shouldn't give Team China that much pressure?

郜林:应该让大家轻松一点。这次亚洲杯预选赛,第一场输了,很大压力,第二场被形容为生死战。这种比赛哪怕输了两场,都有可能出线。但我们输了一场之后背负的压力实在太大,大家觉得踢球已经非常痛苦了,这种情况下怎么能有好的发挥?换句话说,媒体和球迷,各种各样,赢了对手,你说对手主力没来,对手长途奔波;输了,说我们水平不行;赢了世界强队,说是他们打假球故意放水。说心里话,我们怎么踢?输赢都不对。

Gao Lin: People need to relaxed a bit. This Asian Cup qualifier, we lost the first match, we suffered alot of pressure, the second match is described as "life-death match". Even if we lose this two matches, we can still qualify. However, after we lost the first match, everyone thinks playing footblal is really suffering, how can the players play well under this situation? In other words, the media and fans, every types of them, (when Team China) win the opponent, the media and fans would say "oh the opponent didn't use the best players, oh the opponent came a long way (and got tired)"; (when Team China) loses, the media and fans would say Team China's quality is bad; if Team China wins a high quality opponent, media and fans would say the opponent played fake football and deliberately let Team China win. Words from my heart: no matter how Team China play, it is wrong to win or lose.

7. GZBiffo

GZBiffo New Member

Sep 29, 2012
    Club:
    Nottingham Forest FC
    Thanks for the translation ntg, much appreciated!

weka repped this.
  8. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    INTERVIEW: CAMACHO ON CHINESE FOOTBALL
    link: http://sports.163.com/13/0520/07/8VA5UFFJ00051C8M.html#p=891AC09I4FFC0005

新京报:中国队输掉第一场亚洲杯预选赛后,很多声音都在批评质疑你,你怎么看?
    卡马乔:足球就是这样的,当你赢球的时候就是神,输球的时候就一文不值。

Xinjing Newspaper: When China lost the first match of Asian Cup qualification, there was many voices that objected you, what do you think?

Camacho: Football is like this. When you win, you are like god, when you lose, you don't worth anything.

新京报:宣布你上任发布会上,韦迪公开称你将担任“中国足球青训总设计师”,但你在这方面做得不多。
    卡马乔:没有给我这个任务。
    新京报:一直没给你这个任务?
    卡马乔:给我的任务就是带国家队,没有其他,所以这不是我考虑的。

Xinjing Newspaper: During the announcement of you being the Chinese National Team coach, Wei Di (the former CFA head) said you will be designated as the "Chinese Youth Football Practice Coordinator", but it seems you don't do much with this role.

Camacho: (The CFA) didn't give me that mission.

Xinjing News: Throughout all those time, you didn't have that mission?

Camacho: The mission I got is to lead Team China, no other mission, so I don't have to care about that (youth football coordination).

9. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    新京报:很多人觉得你工资太高了。
    卡马乔:中国某些教练和球员的收入不是很高,这可能跟他们在社会中的认可度没达到那个程度有关。我 的工资其实很简单,中方给我一个报价,我觉得合适,就来工作。我为工作付出我的东西,就是价值的体现。不管工资多一些还是少一些,我的工作都是一样的,我 并没有说“给我多少钱就要办多少事”。中国邀请我的时候,我也存在去其他国家队的可能,也在谈判,只不过中国给了积极回复,我就选择来中国。

Xinjing News: Some people think your wage is too high.

Camacho: Some coaches and players in China don't have high income, this might be because their acceptance in the Chinese society is not that high. My wage is actually really simple, the Chinese side gave me a price, I think it matches me, then I come. How much I contribute for my job is subjective. Whether if my wage is higher or lower, my job is the same, I didn't say "give me how much money and I will do how much" at all. When CFA was hiring me, I had the chance to go to another national team (and I was negotiating with other national team), but because CFA gave me a proactive response, then I chose China.

10. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    新京报:最开始执教中国队时,你曾指出一些毛病:比赛节奏慢、缺乏拿球连续性、比赛和训练态度完全不同,把握机会能力差,这些问题现在解决了吗?
    卡马乔:这些问题不是我一个人提出来的,是亚洲球队的通病。我只说亚洲足球整体情况是这样的,没特指中国国家队。

Xinjing News: When you first managed Team China, you said that Team China's tempo is slow, couldn't possess the ball for long time, the Team's performance and training attitude are different, couldn't take chances well, are all those problems solved

Camacho: Those problems were not mentioned only by me, those problems are common for the Asian football. I only said Asian football are like that, I didn't specify it was only Team China.

新京报:这支被你改造了将近两年的中国队取得了哪些进步?还有哪些问题需要解决?
    卡 马乔:我是国家队教练,我需要在联赛的基础上挑选最好的球员,没有培养球员的责任。只有联赛中培养出人,我才能选出人。你没有培养出人,我选谁?中国联赛 还很年轻,需要时间去成长和提高。只有联赛的竞争力和激烈程度提高了,才能产生出高水平的球员,才能为国家队打好选择的基础。另外球员还要提高耐力。日 本、韩国球员在比赛中会比我们多跑一两公里,他们承受能力比我们强。不是每个球员一定要有较强的奔跑能力,个别人跑的少也可以进球,但作为一个整体,必须 要有这种耐力。

Xinjing News: You have managed Team China for almost two years, what improvements have you made? (And) what problems need to be solved?

Camacho: I am the manager for Team China, I need to choose the best players in the league, I don't have the responsibility of grooming players. If the leagues are able to produce players, then I can choose players (for Team China). (If) the leagues don't produce players, what do I choose? Chinese leagues are relatively young, and they need time to grow. Only when the competitiveness in the leagues goes up, there would be top quality players, (then) Team China can choose from a good foundation. Other players need to put up their endurance/patience. Japanese and Korean players can out run Chinese players two miles, because they have better ability than us. (ntg. note: I don't know what he meant by 承受, this word's nearest meaning is endurance/receiving --- which doesn't make sense in sentence --- i am assuming he meant Japanese and Korean players have better physicality). Not every players need to have stronger running/sprinting ability, some individual players can run less and score goals. But as a whole, the team needs this type of endurance.

11. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    TAIWAN'S XAVIER CHEN ON HIS CHANCE TO JOIN TEAM CHINA AND ZHANG LINPENG

Link: http://sports.163.com/13/0521/12/8VDA58H800051C89.html#p=8UMMI8J20B6P0005

(ntg. note: Xavier Chen is a Belgian-Taiwanese footballer who was the captain of Belgium clubMechelen. Xavier has represented Belgium youth, and later decided to represent Chinese Taipei/Taiwan National Team. It is worth to note that Xavier has several citizenships: Belgium, Taiwan, and France. Xavier also has a Master's degree in Law).

“当时一个人(中国国家足协的工作人员)来到比利时的球场边找到我,问我是不是可以加入到中国男子足球队,为中国踢球。这并不是在一 个很正式的途径。”在夏维耶看来,加入国家队是一件非常神圣和光荣的事情,这样的选择,应该是在非常正式与官方的环境和途径下进行的,而来自中国足协的邀 请,显得非常随意,并没有和夏维耶的想象相吻合。

Xavier Chen: "(A while ago), a person (who worked for Chinese Football Association) came to Belgium and approached me on the field, he asked me if I could join Team China to play football. I think this is not a very formal path". Xavier believes joining and playing for a national team is a glorious and honourable event, in such circumstance, the invitation should be very formal and official. However, CFA's invitation to Xavier seems to be too casual, and it didn't match Xavier's expectation.

而与此同时,夏维耶也收到了中华台北队的邀请。对于这位边路好手,中华台北队也表示了浓厚的兴趣。“中华台北队也表示对我很感兴趣,他们对于我的邀请,显得非常正式。”夏维耶说。
    而对于如果当时加入中国国家队后能起的作用,夏维耶也用一个半开玩笑半认真的例子,说明了自己的想法。“特别是当你看到国家队的那个右边后卫(张琳芃),你会发现我根本就没有在国家队的立足之地。那是个强壮的家伙,你看到他的表现,你会发现根本不需要我。”

At the same time, Xavier Chen received an invitation from Chinese Taipei National Team. "The Chinese Taipei National Team was really interested in me, and their invitation was very formal", Xavier said". The reporter asked Xavier what would happen if he did join Team China, Xavier said jokingly, "if you see that guy on plays the right-side defense (Zhang Linpeng), you will realize I won't have a spot for Team China. That guy is really strong, once you see his performance, you don't even need me".

12. weka

weka Member

Dec 9, 2011
    Thanks for the translations ntg.. much appreciated since i know how hard it is translate.

13. kakpa

kakpa Member

Nov 27, 2013
    Club:
    Eintracht Frankfurt
    Nat'l Team:
    China PR
    first thanks for translating,
    i always wanted to read a interviwe with gao lin.
    Before i read that interview i kinda hated on him because he is one of the best chinese strikers and he didnt transfer to a club outside of china (i dont know if he got offered that kind of transfer) and it seems like he doesnt even want to change clubs anymore just because he doesnt like to move or what?
    For me he is a victim of the chinese football system, i dont know if i can blame him or not. :S

14. ntg.

ntg. Moderator
    Staff Member

May 9, 2007
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    i don't think gao lin will leave. in evergrande, he is guaranteed good income and fame.
    if he leaves china, where can he go? i believe the wage from playing oversea is significantly lower than playing in evergrande.