[International Friendly] Korea vs Thailand 2016/03/27 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Mar 26, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    [​IMG]

Match Information:
    International Friendly: Korea vs Thailand.
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 Live KBS 2TV 9:30 PM Korea Time.
    Venue: Supachalasai National Stadium, Bangkok, Thailand.

[​IMG]

Time Zone:
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 9:30 PM Korea Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 11:30 PM Australia Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 7:30 PM Lebanon Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 2:30 AM Hawaii Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 5:30 AM Pacific Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 8:30 AM Eastern Time
    Sunday, March 27, 2016 1:30 PM UK Time(GMT)
    http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/converter.html

Korea vs Thailand Head-to-Head Overview:
    46 - 30 - 7 - 9 (Played - Win - Draw - Loss)
    http://www.kfa.or.kr/record/history_nation.asp

nmssis and Sons of Thunder repped this.
  2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I think it's time for SUK to score an hattrick ;)

nmssis repped this.
  3. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Korean fans hate Thailand more than Japan when it comes to football these days. Gotta crush these bitches 5-0 at least.

4. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm surprised people actually give a sh*t about it.

nmssis repped this.
  5. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Some past issues between S.Korea and Thailand?

6. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #6 chook90, Mar 26, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2016
    As far as I know, if there exists any issues at all, it started after Asian Games 2014 semifinals (men's football) South Korea vs. Thailand.

After their team lost, many Thai fans went full rage-mode on the internet. Apparently some Thai fans still have something about it to this day, judging from comments in AFC Champions League videos.

7. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Just like italians has something against S.Korea and the referee after 2002 world cup. Time will heal the scars lol.

8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    i feel like theres some superiority complex involved in the play. if iranians were talking shit about koreans wed just laugh at their face and tell them they can ******** off even though iran actually has the edge against us in recent records. but if the thais do the same we start to get concerned because they, being 'lesser' than us, are supposed remain docile and obediant. its unhealthy thought process and koreans online should just quit bickering with the thais. let thais say whatever they want; they are not anywhere near as good as us now and they probably wont be for a long time, if ever

chook90, edlee1992 and zdrstvte repped this.
  9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Well said. Just find it very odd about why we should get that worked up over playing a second-tier AFC team.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Because they are annoying and don't know their place :(
    But you're right, I think there is an underlying prejudice about the Thais/SEAs that I'm even guilty of.
    Still I hope we beat them by a big margin so that they won't bother us again.

11. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    First time in a long time we are facing Thailand. Thai, making through the next round, becomes the first south East Asian team since 2002 to qualify to third or the final rounds to determine which teams gets a ticket to World Cup. Back in 2002, it was Thailand who made it the final round. Which gives us an idea how weak and nothing that region has been for so long time.

Granted they had awful Iraq team played nothing like Asian cup a year ago as their first seed. But they were able to manage good wins to pull away and finish the group as winner. Thailand, no doubt a football crazed nation. First time in a long time, they earned the rights to stand shoulder to shoulder against the best Asian teams. That alone I assume they'll be highly motivated to show their worth. They mean to do that against us. So the question is, will they put up a good fight? Or will they fold and bend over against the best teams in Asia?.

It will be hard to imagine that their game plan is to go toe to toe against us. They do that, they'll be clobbered. I expect a similar game plan like we saw Lebanon played against us. They'll spend majority of time at the own half to defend and go on a quick counter. It's also fantastic chance for us to see how we will do against weaker teams in the third round. It's likely that we will have Thailand in our group. Expect a full house and ill cautiously predict 2-0 win on rare Easter Sunday game.

12. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    I saw the footage of that game (vs thailand):

1) that foul was outside the box, no question about this.

2) the yellow card for a tackle from behind...i dont know...in the Champions league a challange like that is 100% a red card, unless there is a permissive ref.

3) the handball was accidental.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    1) He was inside the box when it happened, I think his foot was also inside the box too.
    2) Sure I guess.
    3) This what piss me off the most, he was down and trying to get up. In fact he tried to make sure he wasn't touching the ball with his arms from his reaction. But the Thai players were keep kicking it in his arms as if that'll make it into an handball. I swear they don't really know football or something.

14. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    The first contact was outside and he falls inside, so does not count as pk.

15. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

pls...loose the red pants

16. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

think it might be that classic case of "the little guy trying to make a big hit on the biggest linebacker to earn respect" thing.

17. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Some news about the starting 11?

@nmssis: I see...

18. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Which players are not available for this match?

19. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    top of my head. SHM, KJC, JDW, KJH

+PL+ repped this.
  20. inten

inten Member

Apr 27, 2014
    The Thais are the brazilians of Asia when it comes to their online presence

GoonerDoz repped this.
  21. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    ~~inten:D

22. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    When 2018 comes, I would rather see the likes of NTH and KKH (and maybe JWY) be replaced with KCH/MCJ, LCD, and OJS. Hopefully some of the core players in the u-23 squad can fill up senior team spots.

23. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    There's barely anyone who would be an improvement for the senior team though.

The Hyphen repped this.
  24. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    :cry:

25. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    lee seunggi should be able to contribute noticeable amount to this team. lee yong is better than whoever it is we have at right back. aside from lee seunggi though it'd be decimals improvement at best (this however does not excuse stielike from not picking these decimals improvement)

korea stagnated growth over the last 1-2 years because the top players did not go to europe as the previous generation had done earlier. lee myungju got too impatient with his offer, kim juyoung and han kookyoung had some interest in europe that did not materialize, nam taehee and kim youngkwon chose money over europe, kim shinwook unfortunately got injured as soon as he was finally about to head over, lee geunho probably still waiting on an offer, and lee jaesung still in jeonbuk for some reason. players in middleast/china already make more money than those in europe. if stielike keeps picking these players in asia over domestic players there wont be any incentive for players to challenge themselves in europe and the stagnation will continue

+PL+, chook90, Chingoo and 1 other person repped this.