[International Friendly] Korea vs Poland 2018/03/27 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Mar 27, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  2. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    I don't want to defend HJH. His performance today was unforgivable. BUT it was STY from the beginning who used him (after a long absence) in the most important match in a 3 back system without having tested it properly (he admitted that he had trained it for one day). Plus, he had to defend Lee Yong's side which was the more exposed side. I wonder what would've been if we started HJH against N.Ireland or used him alongside YYS in HT2 today (when we played 4-4-2) instead of vice captain. You know the rule of two commanders. It never worked for the KNT.

3. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    You know what's even more crazy is how they practised this formation for one day in a match where we shouldn't even be experimenting like this.

aeh1991 repped this.
  4. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Exactly that's my point. HJH playing like shite is one thing, but testing the backline in such an important game (even if it's just a friendly), was a really big mistake. You could see that everyone was confised and struggled to adapt, especially the fullbacks and the two LCB and RCB. Only JHS played the same (shite), because he had to play like always. STY told in the post-N.Ireland interview how important he thinks to work on the defense organization. Why experiment then???

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    STY does have love for 3 backs it seems. For whatever the reason even if it doesn't work.
    It's so basic, if we don't have a strong/fast/technical fullbacks this formation doesn't work.

aeh1991 repped this.
  6. 12th Warrior

12th Warrior Member+

May 27, 2006
    I think you spoke for the nation as a whole. We know and yet we still hope for Hail Marys...

Hyok repped this.
  7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Ok I thought about it but if Kim Shinwook ends up going to the WC, I'm not going to watch Korea playing. I'll just give up on them.
    Jang Hyunsoo is whatever, he's pretty much guaranteed. But having KSW is just inexcusable.

TaegukRedDevil repped this.
  8. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  9. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Can someone propose a serious explanation for why Korean domestic footy crowd loves JHS???? I was sort of joko my before when In said it was his size and Koreans can't seem to get over the height and size bias but at this point I'm seriously curious for a serious explanation. Ii can't fathom why JHS keeps getting the nod from managers and domestic pundits.

Defense is so critically dependent on organization. You need to give the spot consistently to defensive line so they can work on organization, communication, teamwork. Our defense has never had a chance to gel and they turn into chickens with head cut off. We are screwed. I do t see us getting any results.

10. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Because they are fairweather fans and don't actually watch a lot of football. They don't know a lot about it to make good evaluations.

11. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Well it seems like Kim Hyunwoo is adjusting well in Croatia...
    https://www.total-croatia-news.com/...w-are-dinamo-s-newest-players-finding-croatia

12. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I'm guessing because they're stuck watching shit K-league matches and use that as their criteria for success.

13. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Trust me these people don't watch k-league. I mean it'll be great if they did and it'll probably solve a lot of problems. But they barely watch any football.

chook90 repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg

1st goal:

Terrible organizing. Hong Jeong Ho doesn't know what to do. Jang Hyun Soo losing aerial duel like always. Lee Yong letting the cross in. It shows how little practice they had with the 3-back system.

2nd goal:

Why is the defense line that advanced? And why did Hong Jeong Ho and Jang Hyun Soo change positions? So random. It shows how little they know about this formation. Hong Jeong Ho not being able to kick the ball away was bad, but the main mistake came from Jung Woo Young who just looks at the ball and loses his mark (Maczynski), leaving Hong Jeong Ho to focus on him, instead of Grosinski.

3rd goal:

Jung Woo Young with a good tackle. But then he just lies on the pitch, while the Polish are still attacking. Zielinski wasn't supposed to take his shot if defended correctly, but Jung gave him much freedom, so he did.

IMO Jung Woo Young's a really big problem.

aguy2die4 repped this.
  15. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Honestly, we Croats are more about crazy defenders full of fighting spirit, rather than smart ones. Kim Hyun Woo will probably be told to act like a mad dog- it's the approach that made Danijel Vida famous.

As for the game- I think Korea needs to get rid of the issue of a sleepy start. When things get alarming, then the players react- it's sort of late then. But, it is certainly encouraging to see that Korea can score against strong teams.

chook90 and killaorca repped this.
  16. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
  17. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    손흥민(26·토트넘)은 28일 폴란드와의 평가전에서 2-3으로 패한 뒤 “이 정도 준비로는 월드컵에서 창피당할 수 있다”고 말했다. 지난 25일 북아일랜드전 1-2 패배에 이어 수비 불안과 조직력 난조로 연패를 당한 과정과 결과 모두 불만족스러워했다. 손흥민은 “첫 골은 크로스가 잘 넘어왔고 레반도프스키가 워낙 경쟁력이 좋다고 할 수 있지만 킥 한 번에 넘어와서 먹힌 두 번째 골은 있어서는 안되는 장면이었다”고 꼬집었다.

손흥민의 반응과는 다르게 신태용 감독은 두 골을 넣은 것에 초점을 맞춰 ‘고무적’으로 받아들였다. 신 감독은 “강호 폴란드를 맞아 상당히 잘했다고 생각한다. 폴란드도 좋은 경기를 했고 우리도 최선을 다했다”고 평가했다

http://v.sports.media.daum.net/v/20180328155850314

chook90, aguy2die4 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    #443 LeeSeungWoo, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    In other words, SHM wanted to say, "HJH, you are fking retarded".

19. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Maybe this crazy defending style is what is needed. Anyway I hope he develops into a good player because I doubt the K-league can do a good job in developing a central defender. Maybe he can become a European based player in the future, who knows.

20. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    Warning: it produces a lot of red card-prone defenders.
    The K-League could produce anything if the coaches get the correct education. If I were the head of KFA, I'd secure funds for Korean coaches and managers to go to Italy, Sweden, Paraguay, Uruguay... These places produce good defenders. The key is a tenacious mindset, coupled with proper teaching of youngsters on things like positioning.

wetcrispy repped this.
  21. Tiger12

Tiger12 Member

Nov 26, 2007
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Perhaps KFA decides who is a must start and the coaches have "No Say"?

22. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Hey if Croatia can produce players like Tin Jedvaj, Vedran Corluka, and Dejan Lovren then they must be doing a way better job than Korea. Just saying.
    I'll kill to have one of this player.

23. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    #448 Testator, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018
    Not Lovren! He makes a lot of mistakes. Mentally, he's a mess. Ćorluka is the kind of guy who doesn't hesitate to enter dangerous situations- he got his head busted open on the last Euro Championship.
    Producing a player like that is possible in Korea, too. Get a strong motivator with a bit of a crazy, gung-ho personality to work with a tall, strong kid- and there's one shiny, new ferocious CB.
    Jedvaj has been hampered by injuries, but he's decent.

killaorca repped this.
  24. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Just the fact that Lovren even plays for Liverpool just shows that he's a mile ahead compared to any Korean defenders. Will take regardless.
    Hopefully Kim Hyunwoo learn to be the crazy agressive type. We haven't had a kkangpae type of players since mid 2000. Only produced soft "technical" players. Not saying that he's going to be good (wasn't really impressed by him from what I've saw), but he's still a prospect regardless.

25. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Srna as well. Great one club player in my book.