[International Friendly] Korea vs Jamaica 2015/10/13 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Oct 11, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyheyhe11

heyheyhe11 Member+

Oct 1, 2009
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Hablas espanol?

When coach stielike first came to Korea, there was a translator that was different from current one. I guess he wasn't up to the task. I guess the current one, who used to work at Hyundai, gave up a gushy job to realize his dream to near the national team.

chook90 and KyopoOhNo repped this.
  2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Jamaica was our last friendly of this year because of the busy WCQ schedule, and now we only have our last two WCQ matches of this year, which is a Home game vs Myanmar and an Away game vs Laos. Stielike's real test begins next year when we'll be facing stronger opponents in which Lee Yong-Soo stated that majority of them will be an Away match.

4. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  5. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think you mean cushy :giggle:

Sons of Thunder and heyheyhe11 repped this.
  6. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I want to face good teams like Germany, Argentina and etc, but I also want to see where we stand against teams like Switzerland and Ecuador...I also wouldn't mind facing Mexico :D

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    I'm sure Hyundai still pays his wages (directly or indirectly) with another Chung family member as head of the KFA.

8. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I want Netherlands, Germany, Wales, Iceland, Chile, and Murica (Mexico would do though).

9. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I want to face Murica too because they aren't in good shape and would be sweet to beat them with our A-team but at the same time they are the king of the friendly so I don't think the outcome would come our way...

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  10. KyopoOhNo

KyopoOhNo Member+

Aug 3, 2010
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    We should play them in LA or NYC. It'll be like a home game. :thumbsup:

11. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Well, the records been broken by Brazil ;), and I think we'll fair well with our strong squad.

12. edlee1992

edlee1992 Member+

Apr 3, 2012
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    despite the scoreline we still missed too many chances today.

13. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    and STY 동에 번쪅 서에 번쪅...

14. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    i want Croatia

chook90 repped this.
  15. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LJH looks okay. :)

16. Gayageum

Gayageum Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 22, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Good.

We rarely played strong opponents away from home and I really yearned for more of that. I also hope it won't be in a neutral site because although it's technically an away match, it doesn't give the full blown experience of playing against the crowd.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  17. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
  18. brood915

brood915 Member+

Oct 14, 2014
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    But you should remember we NEVER played this well against middle east teams on their fields. Besides, regardless of how weak our opponents were, 15 out of 18 matches without conceding a single goal is absolutely outstanding. We played against minnows in the past as well and that never happened.

But I have to say, I am still not satisfied with our defenders. It looks like they are lost when they are facing dribblers..

19. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    The interesting thing about the U.S. and Korea NTs is that the Americans did so well at the WC (made it out of the Group of Death!) while we tanked. Yet just a year later, we are on a brighter trajectory than they are.

I always thought that their WC 2014 success was fool's gold because it was built on an aging squad that really should've lost 0-5 to Belgium were it not for Tim Howard. Plus, Pepe did them a huge favour in the group stages with his imbecilic sending off, which resulted in Germany destroying Portugal and crippling them via goal differential. Relying on Portugal's stupidity and bunkering down against the likes of Belgium is not really breaking new ground for the perennially solid-but-not-spectacular U.S. team.

Anyway, my bigger point is that hopefully, the disappointment of WC 2014 will prove to be the foundation for big improvements for the KNT. Having feel-good but go-nowhere success can sometimes be even worse.

20. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think man utd's performance recently and USMNT is really reflective of how important good goalkeeping is. Especially in a small sample event like WC.

21. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Against Ghana they got dominated but they still managed to score 2 goals in a typical Nad's style.
    http://www.fifa.com/worldcup/matches/round=255931/match=300186512/statistics.html
    65 Dangerous Attacks vs 22
    21 Attempts vs 8
    59% Possessions vs 41%.
    Then there was also this:
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...l-boycott-over-World-Cup-appearance-fees.html
    Against Portugual, they didn't have Pepe, and Ronaldo was half injured with other injured players IIRC.
    Against Germany, Germany didn't really care because they already advanced.
    Against Belgium they got thoroughly dominated and should have lost in a higher margin but Tim Howard made the biggest saves in the WC history.

Also keep in mind that US's players were closer to their prime in the world cup compared to Korea's (we had the third youngest side).
    Right now however, many of our players are getting closer to their prime and getting better. We are also starting to have players playing regularly in their European clubs.
    The Nad however has an ageing team were their best players like Dempsey and Jones are in their 30's and their best players in history, Donovan, is retired. Not only that, important players like Michael Bradley and Altidore are playing in a lower level, MLS, and it becomes present when they play for their NT.

So in a way they are going through a similar cycle that we previous went to as they would be trying to find players to replace their old dogs (we tried to replace PJS and LYP). It'll be a transitional period for them.
    However, by the look of things, the new players aren't so good as players like Bobby Wood (BL2) and Jordan Morris (Stanford University) has senior team appearances for quite a few games. None of these players would be able to play for our senior team if they were Korean...
    It's also not just their young players that are the problem, their youth team is a problem as well. They weren't able to qualify for the 2012 Olympics but also they weren't able to secure the direct 2016 Olympics's berth, as they got eliminated by Honduras. They would be facing Colombia in the play-off to get into the Olympics.
    This is contrast to our team as we are starting to discover mature yet young players such as Kwon Chang Hoon, Lee Jae Sung and Jung Woo Young. These players I think has the potential to play for Europe in near future. We can also include Kim Seung Dae and Lee Jong Ho.
    I also think our U-23 team is better too...
    So ya, that's just my 2 cents regarding our team vs theirs in current time which I could be wrong. Sorry for the long read.

12th Player repped this.
  22. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    You should never expect respects if you act like what he had done for Pohang, Ulsan, and Incheon at the end. That's why I stopped supporting this guy since last few years.

Chingoo repped this.
  23. GoYoungrokba

GoYoungrokba Member+

May 21, 2009
    Club:
    Suwon Bluewings
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I hope so. I just wonder how we can draw their interest to play a friendly against us on their home soil.

24. 12th Player

12th Player Member+

Nov 3, 2009
    NYC
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    Palestine
    Many good points. However, after watching their last few matches I'm not so optimistic about our U-23 as you are. They have a solid chance of qualifying for Rio 2016 but after that I will be very surprised if they make it out of group play. Let's face it: this team is nowhere as talented as the London 2012 team.

killaorca repped this.
  25. Ceezy

Ceezy Member

Jun 10, 2014
    Are you talking about SKH? More info?