[International Friendly] Korea vs Honduras 2018/05/28 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, May 25, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    LSW really wants that debut goal. I hope he gets it.

jessypjs, aeh1991 and LeeSeungWoo repped this.
  2. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i wish someone told me 8 years ago that we'd be playing aimless ppungfooty in russia and time is indeed the flattest circle

Corea10 repped this.
  3. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LSW, I see the potential now. He has talent. Just needs the right nurturing and opportunities.

4. Chucky2202

Chucky2202 Red Card

Nov 24, 2010
    Nat'l Team:
    Reunion
    KJM and PSH would have been a better midfield than the ones currently on the field.

pkk78 repped this.
  5. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    We are facing Honduras B team who hasn't even bothered to train and we are struggling to get some shots on target. Pathetic. Our players are all over the place playing like headless chicken. We should easily be winning this match.

6. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    He's exactly the type of players we needed for a long time. He knows how to cut inside. He knows how to play spaces. He knows how to pass dangerously. It seems like HHC gets along pretty well with him.

jessypjs and aeh1991 repped this.
  7. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    What happened to the tender loving support. ..lol

8. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Can't shoot either. I hate that he thinks he's Beckham and then fires the ball to the crowd.

SHM still shite for the KNT. :/

9. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Our team hasn't had a single dangerous pass so far this match. Completely lacking in the final third.

wrecklesssoldier repped this.
  10. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    I feel bad for Iniesta and Poldi.

11. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    LSW is the only one who actually keeps trying something in the final third.

12. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    i don't know what the purpose of this friendly is tbh. with the starting 11, it feels like an audition for the last fringe spots on the team.

i'm guessing it was arranged as an easy prep match a la tunisia in 2014, but even then- it's a match where if you get a result, it feels expected and if you lose (like we did against tunisia), it's a big confidence hit going into the world cup against much better teams. getting embarrassed is fine, but we need to play against better opposition

sac517 and zdrstvte repped this.
  13. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That's true. The biggest problem is that we are playing Hwang and Son up front.

14. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    HT thoughts:
    1. KYH - playing to displace LY as the starter. Well done thus far.
    2. Hong Chul - playing his way off the squad. Truly horrible.
    3. JSJ/JWY - I would do anything to drop both and bring back LCM.
    4. LCY - skills are still there. But with how congested we're playing on the right, I'm unsure how match fit he is right now. I actually wanted to see him switch over to the left more. Then he can dictate play. But with our tactics, he was largely a non-factor.
    5. HHC - good.
    6. SHM - bad.
    7. LSW - not a starter but definitely a 20 minute sub that we need. I'm actually surprised by how well he's been playing. But he's not a starter.
    8. JSH/KYK - not tested.

Overall, poor execution has been a bigger issue than tactics in the first half.

sac517, Seol Korea and zdrstvte repped this.
  15. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    HHC did okay in the beginning. Seems like he already used all of his stamina up. SHM is the worst along with LCY in the final 3rd imo today.

16. kimchipride

kimchipride Member

Real Madrid
    South Korea
    Aug 22, 2006
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    I'm still pissed at our fans for throwing yut at our boys. Why would anyone want to represent Korea if you're going to be treated like shit. Brazil lost to Germany 7 - 1 on their home turf and I don't see any of their fans wanting to bring their players down.

Our team is shit, but our players are a byproduct from the KFA infrastructure. Our players can only do so much when more talented nations are training just as hard. They have an impossible challenge with massive potential for embarrassment yet again. I would think twice if I wanted to represent a nation turning their backs on me when the situation is already hopeless.

For the record, I'm a huge fan of LSW and want him to succeed. I hope he improves to match his aggression.

17. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    That's not my point. The biggest problem right now is that there is no-one to hold up the ball in their area. Son, Hwang, Lee are all counterattacking palyers who benefits off out-and-out striker who holds up the play like Suk, and without that we are just taking random runs.

sac517 repped this.
  18. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    I mean, wtf is wrong with our players? It's KFA that is fking up everything..

19. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Agreed with most, but I thought Lee was just clueless on the right. It almost seems like he cannot keep up with the pace of the match.

wetcrispy repped this.
  20. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Coach shin’s long ball strategy is getting annoying. Please sack this guy and replace him with a bag of sand

21. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    JWY.. you fking retard.

22. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    Do you realistically think we can play through our midfield with JSJ and JWY in the middle? Without KSY or KJC, we need to accept bypassing our CMs.

23. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    1. Lee Seung-woo played well. Perhaps he should've been called up and integrated with the national team much earlier instead.
    2. Our entire backline besides Ko Yo-han sucks donkey nuts.
    3. Son+Hwang two top isn't clicking well, definitely not better than Son+Lee Keun-ho.
    4. Lee Chung-yong's form is painful to watch.
    5. Team communication still lacking and still problem. Too many pass misses that break up the rhythm/tempo/attacking end as well as shooting chances.
    6. Jung Woo-young, what's new? same shit different day, easily gets lost on the pitch, can't provide cover, can't man-mark, can't pass for shit. Why is he still with the national team again?
    7. Hong Chul behind Kim Min-woo in the pecking order.
    8. It pains me to see Lee Chung-yong's depleted form.

Bluewings21 repped this.
  24. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    No, but I still think a bag of sand would be a better choice as a manager than this asshat.

25. LeeSeungWoo

LeeSeungWoo Member+

Jun 3, 2016
    LSW you lovely beast.