[International Friendly] Korea vs Czech Republic 2016/06/05 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 4, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rob_Brighton

Rob_Brighton Member

Nov 21, 2015
    Club:
    Southampton FC
    #501 Rob_Brighton, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    I never understood why I so often see people say that a team's ranking is bogus. The only thing that could be problematic would be the ranking procedures themselves:

http://www.fifa.com/fifa-world-ranking/procedure/men.html

If you want to argue that a team's ranking are bogus, then it should be based on criticism of the procedures, which would then change the ranking of every other team as well.

I actually think it is rather silly to put so much stock on long past performances, but the weighting system puts progressively more weight on recent performances than past ones, so this factor is offset somewhat.

FIFA rankings are not determined. They are only based on what the computer calculates based on the numbers that are put into the equation!

2. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #502 Seol Korea, Jun 5, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2016
    I haven't seen much games of Gamba Osaka, but I did catch roughly 3 the least, and he's been regularly starting for his club since February despite baring an injury back in March. I believe he only missed out in the first 2-3 days of April, but currently injured though.

3. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Kwak... is he really Korea's best option at CB??

He's been ********ing up for almost a decade.

4. Chingoo

Chingoo Member+

Feb 10, 2010
    Blame these 2 pussies
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

5. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    I came up with the craziest idea but it might work. We should change Kim Shin Wook's position back to CB again. Sort of like CDR->RB.
    Think about it, he'll be a fcking wall, nothing will go pass through him. KSW=stopper and HJH=sweeper.

Sons of Thunder repped this.
  6. Ice cube

Ice cube Member+

Seoul Utd
    May 4, 2014
    Club:
    Incheon United
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    That was the the sort of thinking that gave us Kwak Taehwi. And that was at a much earlier stage of his career.

7. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    yeah but KSW>one eye KTH.
    He's bigger and stronger. He can win every aerial duels and useful in set piece both offensively and defensively. Offensively he can use both his feet and his head. It'll be amazing.

Also, he's not doing too well as a forward. Mostly playing off bench right now and I'm not too happy about it as an Ulsan fan.

8. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    kim shinwook is not agile enough to play defence. even the most slow footed defenders have fast reaction times and some quickness. kim shinwook doesnt have any. hes actually quite fast for someone his size but hes like a subway train it takes him awhile raise his speed

he joined his new club last winter after 4 weeks of army and still trying to fit into the team. just give him time. also the reason why he often starts at the bench is because of his poor form. if he was playing like he did pre injury, he would be a starter every game

Chingoo repped this.
  9. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    wtf.. is that f*cking KYG on top? THis is worse than I thought. :sick:

10. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Guys seriously the fifa ranking its a joke.

11. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    KSW as a CB is one of the worst ideas I've heard. He is just too limited no matter what position he plays. I'd rather integrate CKB after the Olympics.

12. G0ALL

G0ALL Member

Dec 13, 2005
    U.S.
    the fifa rankings are not a joke. the procedure that produces the fifa rankings are a joke. big difference

13. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    That's not true. Families with genuine surnames usually have family history and large, long family connections, villages where groups of clans used to live, clan house and property, not too distant ancestors who held government positions, etc. If you're supposed to be Kyoungju Lee and whatever daegun but don't have any relatives or generational connections you might be a peasant.

14. zdrstvte

zdrstvte Member+

Aug 27, 2012
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    This is just completely untrue. The fact that EVERYONE in Korea has a surname attests to the fact that these lineages are absolute BS.

The Korean surnames are not a native thing, it was adapted by the royalty and the nobility to mimic the Chinese naming scheme. So the surnames were only held by Sunbi-class at best. Because it was much more of a symbol of status, a lot of these lineage documents were falsified to make their family seem more important, while sales of these surnames were extremely common in the Choson period. And on top of this towards the end of the Choson period surnames were given to everyone, which meant that pyungmins, chunmins, and nobis were also given surname, and their lineage added and etc... Even in terms of historical relevance apart from the royal lineage, most of these clan lineages are completely unreliable, unless the family has been well-known for generations, which is very rare.

Given that you can buy and sell clan names still to this date, it is very unlikely that your surname is anything significant, unless you are one of the very few people whose family lineages have been recorded in different sources as well, such as the Choson dynasty lineage.

15. pkk78

pkk78 Member

Feb 10, 2004
    Club:
    Real CD España
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I like Song Jin-Hyung. 28 yo now so getting on, but the closest thing we have at the moment to a true 10. Better option than Koo at the 10 role I think, who's more of a second striker. But we don't play with a 10 really do we? Never have. Even the most talented and cultured playmakers we have had were always sort of on the fringes either due to coaching preference at the time (Yoon Jung Hwan) or self inflicted (Ko Jong Su) and both of them are head shoulders above Song in terms of game making talent, so....

16. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    given our continuous variability in form at all positions, building around a theoretical 10 who can't earn a spot on this weak squad over general quality / flexibility seems awfully CKR like.

17. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    skimmilk and Marco91 repped this.
  18. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    A true #10 would benefit SHM, but also LJS. Would be a bless to both.

19. skimmilk

skimmilk Member+

Apr 22, 2010
    Texas, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
  20. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Until BSH/LSW are ready, we won't have any useful No.10.
    KJC is doing very good, so I don't think it's a problem zone. We also have KCH, LJS, KBK, NTH, JDW all capable of playing the position (even though they are all no playmakers).

21. batumchange2

batumchange2 Member+

South Korea
    May 6, 2015
    song jinhyung is actually playing well right now. not that id support his selection, but stielike could do a lot worse than picking him

22. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    The old man he is going to call up Nam Tee Hee or/and Yoon Bit Garam regardless of their form.

chook90 repped this.
  23. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    I did not expect YBGR's selection...thought he was left to roam about.

24. Marco91

Marco91 Member+

Mar 12, 2016
    At home
    Club:
    Dijon FCO
    Maybe was called up only due to Koo's injury. Koo called up if he is fit, and then challenge between Kwon Chang Hoon, Yoon Bit Garam, and Nam Tee Hee for the others spots.

25. jsk14

jsk14 Member+

Mar 2, 2010
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    --other--
    Once Lee Seung Gi finished his sangju stint he will hopefully be back in the fold. As far as potential #10s outside Koo.