[International Friendly] Korea vs Colombia 2019/03/26

Discussion in 'Korea' started by jessypjs, Mar 25, 2019.

1. chook90

chook90 Member+

South Korea
    Jan 2, 2015
    Al Khor, Qatar
    Club:
    FC Seoul
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Bento said that he wants to teach LSW, LKI, and BSH some lesson on sportsmanship. He thought the trio feels 'entitled' to minutes and that must be addressed when they're young.

-Source: Me.

nmssis repped this.
  2. melonbarmonster

melonbarmonster Member+

Mar 17, 2005
    Son can take those shots all day long.

3. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC

love how Sanchez has to come to Sonny's aid instead of his mates...

GoonerDoz, jessypjs, Hyok and 4 others repped this.
  4. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    lol love it, barrios got sonned.

it looks like murillo asks for his shirt after the whistle but SHM doesn't look his way

GoonerDoz and nmssis repped this.
  5. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Funny how the women were cheering so hard for his defensive clearance. Son was pissed for a long time. LOL.

6. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic

I agree with pretty much everything he points out here about bento. Curious to hear any counterpoints.

Near the end he details why it's important for a GK to be relied upon to make accurate passes- to kick off our counter attacking style and to relieve pressure on our defenders under an aggressive press, which is all too common in modern football.

7. Testator

Testator Member+

Glasgow Celtic
    Croatia
    Sep 5, 2017
    Croatian coast
    I am way too much of a beginner in Korean to actually understand him, but to the bolded part: a GK can throw the ball out with his hand, too. CHW should be encouraged to do this instead of kicking, whenever possible.

8. Bom23

Bom23 Member

Jun 19, 2014
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    for me CHW and KSG are about the same. Remember when JSR was our starter, then the argument for JSR vs KSG was that KSG had better reflexes while JSR had lost all confidence/form despite having good feet (decent long balls). Now KSG vs CHW: both have mediocre feet (KSG is better based on what we’ve seen from CHW who gives the ball away every long ball), both good reflexes, and CHW edges the spectator factor (from our point of view the defense just SEEMS less shaky when CHW is at the helm).

My conclusion is that neither are good enough. the question of KSG vs CHW is not ball distribution vs reflexes, cus they aren’t that much better than each other at either thing. If I had to choose one if we had to win a single knockout game I would choose CHW l, but over the long run they probably produce the same results

takeuchi and TreySongz repped this.
  9. TreySongz

TreySongz Member

Sep 20, 2015
    Detroit
    Club:
    PSV Eindhoven
    I agree. I can guarantee you, if i ran a 10000 simulations between KSG and CHW on excel mcsim. the results would favour KSG 100%

10. takeuchi

takeuchi Member+

Jan 20, 2013
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    if it is between those two, KSG for me. KSG brings some consistency & you know what you will get out of him (even if it is disappointing). JHW.. on the other hand, is 50/50.

if KSGs distribution/kicks often go out of bounds or to nowhere, JHW literally passes the ball to opposition. it F ups the defenders & JHW is often making "spectacular" saves on his F ups (usually because defense is unsettled). not sure JHW can constantly get away with it.. thus, i will never know what you will get with JHW in overall performance + team result at the end.

vs Colombia, you didn't see JHW w/ the ball often. in 1st half, Korea pressed well & often won the ball before it reached 3rd line. not to mention, he wasn't involved in the process of the build up that often. players rarely passed it to him... the amt of touches on the ball by the GK drastically decreased from Bolivia game

11. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I think fans, including myself, want to see JHW do well because he made such a strong and positive impression during the WC and was one of the few, if not only, bright spots of our KNT in the last few years.

But we should be honest about his flaws. Being subjective is no good for anybody

12. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Member

Jun 11, 2013
    You can't pass with your hands after a (KNT Special) "back-pass"

13. GoonerDoz

GoonerDoz Member

Aug 1, 2008
    Sydney - Bangkok
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Barrios is a 3rd worlder....what does one expect?

PacMan over again repped this.
  14. gunitinug

gunitinug Member

Sep 4, 2011
    Club:
    Arsenal FC