[International Friendly] Korea vs Bolivia 2018/06/07 [R]

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Seol Korea, Jun 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    I feel sorry for the 12 knt supporters in the stands who had to pay for a ticket

killaorca repped this.
  2. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Going back to sleep.
    Seriously can we please get Suk Hyunjun and Ji Dongwon in this team???

jessypjs repped this.
  3. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    #103 Seol Korea, Jun 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2018
    1. Time and time again, we struggle so bad against teams that bunker/park the bus, it's the Stielike era all over again. Instead of trying to break through the wings off of quick passing plays to create scoring chances(See Colombia+Serbia friendly), we end up backpassing to no ends and playing merry go round at the half line, crosses all over the place.

2. Lee Yong's crossing have been awful, which is ironic since his crossing is usually better than the crap he's producing now. Still too slow on tracking back, and offers nothing on the attacking end.

3. Kim Shin-wook again why is this 195cm stick still here? He shows up against Moldova, Jamaica, and Latvia with his headers, but somehow he's a no show against Bolivia, a team that's no better than the former. Flops like a helpless fish as usual, too slow on the receiving end of passes, stands like a frozen icicle when crosses are finally delivered to him.

4. Moon Sun-min is basically a poor-man's Lee Keun-ho before his prime. Only offers nothing but speed, runs like a headless chicken, horrible ball control, easily gets shutout by players, can't shoot or string one decent pass.

5. Park Joo-ho playing well at LB, this is no surprise as he's been the better option at LB for a while. Wouldn't mind him switching to DM although I'd slot in Ko Yo-han instead.

6. Still can't believe Ji Dong-won, Suk Hyun-jun, Lee Chang-min, and Choi Chul-soon weren't selected. We're still struggling like donkey nuts, yet they're still on the reserve list :rolleyes:.

4. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    they, like the majority of KNT fans at any match, just seem happy to be there.

and i abhor that fan mentality

10August2012 repped this.
  5. nmssis

nmssis Member+

May 21, 2011
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    so not worth it...it's like watching the barely bottom tier of NIT

aeh1991 repped this.
  6. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    LJS on for MSM

7. Hodori

Hodori Member+

Aug 12, 2010
    1. KSW has a nice soft touch. Weak shot and weak headers. Cannot explode into space at all. In fact, he can't move more than within a 1 sq.meter around him. He's like a human ROLO. Looks hard but is so soft right underneath that hard veneer.

2. MSM remind me of a fugly Choi Tae Uk when he was 15. He was so bad that he had to switch wings with LSW. Offered even less as he has no clue where he should be and when he should be making runs into the box. Throw him in there against Germany as cannon fodder. JDW should be playing this role.

3. KYK with some really bad miscommunication with KSG. Against Mexico, we would have coughed up a goal.

4. JWY hasn't really been tested but is doing what he's supposed to be doing.

5. KSY looking frustrated waiting for the ball. KYK and JHS both need to be rotating the ball quickly to him. Instead, they're looking for a long ball/through ball themselves. Then if the pass isn't there, they pass it to KSY. It's slowing up our play and letting the Bolivians just stroll about.

6. LY - I said it before. I'll say it again. He can play in a 3 back system. He cannot play in a 4 back system. Pathetic level of play. Good hair.

Overall, truly shockingly low level of play... Blame it on fitness training, etc. Whatever.

aeh1991, Seol Korea, yhr88 and 3 others repped this.
  8. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Choi Chulsoon is no better tbf and Lee Changmin is meh.
    We need Ji and Suk the most. Have them instead of Kim Shinwook and Moon Sunmin.

9. toohyper

toohyper Member+

Mar 23, 2004
    MI/NJ/NY
    Club:
    Gwangju FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Lee Chang Min isn't meh.

Hodori and Seol Korea repped this.
  10. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Lololol

11. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Bolivia looking livelier in 2nd half

seolseol repped this.
  12. killaorca

killaorca Member+

AFC Ajax
    May 11, 2010
    Pacific Ocean
    Club:
    RSC Anderlecht
    Also I don't get why Ji Dongwon isn't selected while MSM is.
    MSM couldn't hack it into Swedish League, at least Ji Dongwon was able to be compete in Bundesliga first league.

Seriously people complained that Stielike picking Chinese & Middle Eastern players sends the wrong msg to our players (which I agree with) but again STY is no better. He only selects K-leaguers. What's the use of trying to compete in the best leagues when you can just play in the K-league with a padded record. You'll be rewarded with NT selection.

Chucky2202 repped this.
  13. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    The one that hurts the most is suk. He had so much potential for this wc...

melonbarmonster and nmssis repped this.
  14. aeh1991

aeh1991 Member+

Dec 16, 2015
    Club:
    FC Augsburg
    Can anyone explain me why the actual fck Kim Jin hyeon is playing?? Not even Cho Hyun woo... Kim Jin hyeon??? It's about damn time to stick to one GK aka KSG, even if I prefer CHW. STY is such a rtard

15. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    just like his youth days, HHC is good at kicking the ball and chasing it

yhr88 repped this.
  16. seolseol

seolseol Member+

Apr 26, 2003
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Ki look so not interested

nmssis repped this.
  17. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    VERY disappointed in HHC. Make the simple plays and stop trying to first touch past defenders. Two opportunities he could have just taken a touch and a shot which would have been more effective.

killaorca repped this.
  18. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    there's so many players and tactics to criticize, that this gets overlooked

19. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    I'm really itching to criticize him, but he's lucky the Bolivians aren't coming out of their hole, plus Kim Shin-wook, Moon Sun-min, Lee Yong are doing poorly.

20. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    any team that does film work on KNT will press JWY when he's on the ball.

21. Seol Korea

Seol Korea Member+

Jun 24, 2006
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Shin Tae-yong rotating the entire squad like it's musical chairs. Fcuking hell by now we should've had a number 1, Cho Hyun-woo, not test all GK's right before the fcuking WC.

aeh1991 repped this.
  22. 10August2012

10August2012 Member+

Oct 28, 2012
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Sunnanå SK Skellefteå
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    Did LSW just trip or try to block that pass with his body?

23. wrecklesssoldier

Feb 20, 2005
    Lol did LSW just try to tackle with his head?

24. yhr88

yhr88 Member

South Korea
    Jun 13, 2017
    I’ve been a critic of LSW but I’m loving the passion that I see in him right now.

25. wetcrispy

wetcrispy Moderator
    Staff Member

Jul 5, 2007
    hollywoo
    Nat'l Team:
    Korea Republic
    DEADASS SLOW TEMPO I WANNA DIE

10August2012 repped this.