International Friendlies

Discussion in 'TV, Satellite & Radio' started by HDSports, Mar 23, 2018.

1. HDSports

HDSports Member

Aug 30, 2005
    This international breakhas to be the worst week and a half in the soccer calendar, since none of the international matches mean anything. I will be watching League 1 and 2 EPL this weekend. However, that being said, there is one friendly match on Friday that I would take a look at, because I like watching England play. I cannot believe that there is no coverage of the Netherlands v. England match in the US. What is with that?

2. BocaFan

BocaFan Member+

Aug 18, 2003
    Queens, NY
    Makes me wonder, will this be the last int'l break without any competitive matches in Europe until 2026 (thanks to the Nations League)?

3. QPR Kevin H

QPR Kevin H BigSoccer Supporter

May 23, 2001
    Silver Spring, MD
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    ESPN has normally paid for KNVB rights, no? I really am shocked that with the sheer amount of sports on TV/streaming that this match wasn't picked up. ESPN3 showed England cricket today but not England football - wild.

And ESPN owned rights for the match in many places around the world. Maybe KNVB wanted too much for US TV?

4. EvanJ

EvanJ Member+

Manchester United
    United States
    Mar 30, 2004
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Austria vs. Slovenia and Scotland vs. Costa Rica (both of which I would expect to get much fewer viewers than Netherlands vs. England) were on ESPN3 and delayed on ESPN Deportes. England U-21 vs. Romania U-21 will be on Fox Soccer Plus today at 1:10 P.M.

@socceraction

Your blog has Israel vs. Romania listed at 3:30 P.M., but it will be at 2:00 P.M. On Tuesday, you have Germany vs. Brazil on ESPN Deportes at 5:00 P.M., but it will be shown at 6:00 P.M. It can't be shown at 5:00 P.M. because Spain vs. Argentina will be live at 3:30 P.M.

socceraction repped this.