International Duty Call (where Scirea gets excited despite no mesh shirt)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    I love Llorente, but he was incredibly poor last year. Matri performed better than him down the stretch (Copa Italia). Also, Zaza has room to grow and has shown signs whereas Llorente is reaching the tail end of his career. Zaza's resale value is also higher at this point.

As for Coman, you certainly may have a point if Zaza fails to impress. Then again it still remains to be seen whether Juve made the right move in selling Coman for nearly 30m. That debate has been hashed out to death so there is little point to bringing that up.

Plus Zaza has scored twice in his limited playing time. I am not a super fan where my preference is that he not start vs quality sides, but he has shown enough to suggest that he can be effective vs mid table clubs.

2. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Fair enough.

I hope I am wrong about Zaza, but I do think loaning Coman with no right to get him back was a mistake we will regret.

3. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    what fantasy land are you living in? We did not sell Coman, especially not for 30m

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Bayern agreed to an 8m loan with an option to buy in two years for an additional 20m. The rumor is that Bayern are certain to exercise the option so that this is essentially a deferred payment.

http://www.football-italia.net/71752/bild-coman-bayern-€28m

5. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It very well could end up this why. It could be a steal for Bayern in the same why Juve's acquisition of Morata could be fantastic value if he decides to stay in Turin.

6. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    How many goals did Coman score for us? He started the SuperCoppa and the season starting loss against Udinese. He was not impressive in either match.

7. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    That's yer story and yer stickin' with it.

Sal repped this.
  8. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    I sure am. Coman did very little to impress me with Juve. He did not come back enough to help defensively, pretty much waiting at midfield. The kid has the tools but lacks in understanding the game.

9. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So I guess the supporting cast at Bayern is better than at Juve?

10. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Bayern is loaded, no doubt about it. Might be a case where the German game is more suitable to his style. Are you ready to turn Coman into world class?

11. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nobody said he's world class, nor are they making him out to be. Perhaps his talent was overlooked here, or Allegri wasn't using him to his best abilities.

Let's be honest, the entire team hasn't been impressive for most of this season.

12. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    If we get 30 million for him, it is a good deal. What he does at Bayern Munich is irrelevant to our side. If he was the key to us having a good start this season, he would be playing for us now. I don't know why people keep bringing him up.

13. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Really?

You are going all in on this schtick, aren't you?

Sal repped this.
  14. calabrese8

calabrese8 Member+

Feb 9, 2008
    Vancouver
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Sounds like he's got La Liga destined for his future after bayern

15. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    please dont compare Coman's performance in Bayern that smashes thru every team vs. what he had to deal with at Juve and Serie A. Media doesnt like to give credit but despite Italian football not being where it was historically, its still the toughest league to deal with. Teams play tactical, rough and with a lot of pressure on defense. Something Coman CANNOT DEAL WITH...same as Giovinco. When they have more space and a dominant team like bayern that controls everything, then yes he can shine. He would not be able to do that at Juve even if he had 5 years.

16. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Lichsteiner comes off with possible thigh injury. Conte has 5 of our guys playing in a useless friendly. The one true Juventino, Deschamps, did not start either Pogba or Evra. Mandzucik scored today.

Afghan-Juventus and juveeer repped this.
  17. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If they get rid of Max, I think they should seriously consider bringing back Deschamps.

18. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice game by Marchisio today.....sent the pass before the pk, took a nice pk and had a sick assist

but the defense still failed.....sad to see what his happening with our defense this year

19. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Damian gave the Romanians a nice assist on the first goal. The second off of a set piece that Sirigu could have handled better.

20. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Hopefully this is good news ......

21. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    “The other problem concerns Barzagli, who has a muscular strain in his left leg so we decided along with the CT [Antonio Conte] to send him back to Turin for treatment.

22. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
  23. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    here come the International break injuries : /

great for Rugani, but i hope Barzagli is ok....we're lucky Marchisio, Chiellini, Dybala got injured in time :confused:

24. SupaMario

SupaMario Member+

Aug 31, 2009
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA Tigre
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Dybala trained with the team for a couple days but it became evident he wasn't going to be able to play. He was sent back to Italy.

25. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Dybala was trending on Twitter. Many not happy that Sampaoli did not play Paulo or Icardi tonight. Goalless draw against Peru. Argentina is out of the WC in current standings but only 4 points separate second from seventh in CONMEBOL.