International Duty Call (where Scirea gets excited despite no mesh shirt)

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by Falc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Did you catch the guy center lowest row?

2. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus players on international duty

Gianluigi Buffon, Giorgio Chiellini, Andrea Barzagli, Leonardo Bonucci, Simone Zaza (all Italy), Daniele Rugani (Italy U21), Paul Pogba (France), Patrice Evra (France), Alvaro Morata (Spain), Mario Mandzukic (Croatia), Mario Lemina (Gabon), Paulo Dybala (Argentina), Roberto Pereyra (Argentina), Juan Cuadrado (Colombia), Martin Caceres (Uruguay).

http://www.juventus.com/en/news/news/2015/fifteen-bianconeri-in-international-action.php

3. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    damn France still dependent on Evra. lol and people complained when Azzuri relied on Pirlo last 3-4 yrs

4. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    In his current form, he is the best France have. He is still a world class left back which is amazing at his age.

5. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what happened to clichy, kurzawa and the other guys? forgot their names, i thought they had a few.
    Its true that he's on good form but surely its not helping their future if they keep playing him.

6. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    Evra is better than Clichy. Evra is a champion and a leader.

Two coaches are making the decision to play him over two highly rated young LBs. It says something. Evra is underrated. Top top left back!

7. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm happy to see so many of our players being called up to their respective camps. Especially Paolo, Roberto P, and Alvaro. Those are all very strong squads they are heading into. With that in mind. I hope they all remain healthy and preferably don't play too much lol.

8. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Pogba ankle scare for France
    By Football Italia staff

Paul Pogba is at risk for France’s friendly against Armenia tomorrow due to a sprained ankle.

According to L’Equipe, Juventus doctors have asked for information regarding the midfielder’s condition.

He had been expected to start on Thursday in the international friendly test for Les Bleus.

However, Pogba is in doubt after suffering a slight ankle sprain during training.

9. Falc

Falc Member+

Jul 29, 2006
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Pogba returns and will not play in either games for France. Hopefully it gives him time to recover.

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    what is with international breaks that cause injuries?

11. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And things get worse...Alvaro Morata was stretchered off in the 32nd minute with an apparent leg injury...

12. Sal

Sal Red Card

Feb 9, 2013
    Club:
    AS Roma

13. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    can we change the title of this thread to
    International Duty Call (where players get injured) ?

:mad::mad::mad:

14. OldLady

OldLady Member+

Sep 8, 2011
    Berlin
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  15. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Thankfully, Morata doesn't have a fracture and is listed as a 2 week injury. Mandz should be back and will most likely lead the line against Shinter

16. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This should tell us we need another forward.

17. usnroach

usnroach Member+

Jul 5, 2009
    SoCal
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We don't need another forward. We still have Zaza and Dybala plus Mandzukic is supposed to be back after the break. There are also a few Primavera guys that we can bring in. Dybala can lead the line if need be.

18. juventino13

juventino13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 25, 2005
    Caribbean
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Well Morata himself said hes working to be ready on Sunday, so I don't think we should worry too much

19. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    This just makes my point.

Right now we have 2 forwards for this team healthy.

MAYBE we will have mandzu and Morata back, but we don't know that.

That is thin.

Dante repped this.
  20. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    #370 soccerr9, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2015
    Thin by what standard? Juve have three and maybe four starting caliber forwards where even the best teams have 2(especially if they only use one forward regularly).

If Benzema, Suarez, Higuain, Dzeko, Icardi, Diego Costa, Giroud, Martial, Aguero go down then their respective teams would need to either move a starter capable of playing as a CF into that position (Messi, Ronaldo etc), change the formation, or put in a vastly inferior backup.

The best Juve would do is get a Matri-type back here to be their 5th forward. At that point, Zaza should be given those minutes rather than have to split time even more.

21. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    If you are happy with Dybala and Zaza as your only healthy strikers, fine. I would like another option too.

22. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    If that option is a Matri-type, then yes I am more than happy with Dybala and Zaza.

Most clubs don't even have more than two quality players that can play as a CF. Juve have four, although Dybala is more of a support forward who can lead the line as well. Unlike most major European clubs, Juve play two CF so it does require extra reserves relative to the clubs that only start a sole striker in most of their encounters. With that said, if Juve needed to they could field 5 midfielders and one forward if three of the four forward options were hurt simultaneously. It's just that this possibility is remote (knock on wood!).

usnroach repped this.
  23. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    Problem is, I am still not sold on Zaza as a 'quality" option. To me he IS our Matri this time around, so we still need another main striker, esp, as you note, if we are playing 2 which we have been for quite while now. The obvious solution is to bring in Berardi at the break if he is healthy.

Mandzu has had injury problems off and on during his career, so in my mind we really only have 2 reliable strikers in Morata and Dybala. That makes our roster thin to me.

24. soccerr9

soccerr9 Member+

Jun 6, 2005
    It's very difficult to find a striker that is proven to be better than Zaza without spending a great deal. Moreover, almost all clubs don't carry super quality 4th or 5th strikers for that matter.

Who backs up Benzema unless it's Ronaldo or a change of formation? The same can be said of Barca with Suarez. Dzeko at Roma, Totti? After Icardi, Bacca, Higuain?

Behind an injury prone Diego Costa, Chelsea have Loic Remy and Falcao. United have Martial and Rooney. Arsenal have Girouid and ?. City have Aguero and Bony. Are Remy, Bony, and Rooney better than Zaza?

Name a 5th striker that you would want Juve to bring in. I agree that Zaza isn't proven, but instead of bringing in another body for the sake of it, I'd rather he be given those minutes to prove his worth especially considering there isn't a lot of quality out there. If Zaza can't do it then perhaps Allegri can play a 4-3-3 with Pereyra, Dybala, and Cuadrado for when the injury bug hits the forwards hard.

St. Michael's Sword and usnroach repped this.
  25. juveeer

juveeer Member+

Aug 3, 2006
    We had 2 that we sold and "loaned". I would have preferred keeping one of them, preferably the loanee, but you could make a case for Nando also since he liked it here, knew the system and would be a replacement for an oft injured Mandzu.

And BTW, I like either of them better than Zaza. He may prove me wrong (hope he does) but to me HE is the Matri and one of the other 2 should have been the 4th striker.