PBP: International Champions Cup: Chelsea v. Barthelona

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Brock Hannsen, Jul 28, 2015.

1. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Is that confirmed? Last I heard Jose said they might yet secure it.

2. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    I fell asleep for that one. Ugh.

Hazards goal was glorious, yes, but you wont see that kind of shit defending in the Prem. Hazard woul dbe hacked 10 ways till tuesday.

Interesting thought about many he could get in Spain. Like Ronaldo and Messi since the defense there blows.

3. Wrath

Wrath Member+

May 4, 2007
    New York
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Jose will try. He will not succeed most probably. The following is the criteria to get a work permit in England and I think Kennedy doesn't fulfill that.

In order to establish on an initial application that the player is an international player of the highest calibre the following criteria must be met:

• A player must have played for his country in at least 75% of its competitive A team matches of which he was available for selection, during the two years preceding the date of the application

• The player’s country must be at or above 70th place in the official FIFA world rankings when averaged over the two years preceding the date of the applicatio

4. Bruckner283

Bruckner283 Member+

Apr 25, 2006
    Lake Of The Coheeries
    Sorry didnt mean to imply he wont sign just that he wont get a work permit this year. Wrath got right, I feel.

5. eriol

eriol Member

Dec 15, 2005
    NOT Pacific Grove, CA anymore
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
  6. Yahtzee

Yahtzee Member+

Nov 4, 2013
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    nonsense.. he was getting wrecked all day long this game.

hazard does not shoot NEARLY as much as either messi or ronaldo. ronaldo's numbers were killer in the prem, sure he gets even crazier ones in spain but eden can definitely step up his offensive output regardless of the fact that hes in the prem.

7. drjman

drjman Member+

Jul 28, 2010
    Southern California
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He has a lot of U17 and U20 starts for Brazil. Has to count for something.

8. Dtrip77

Dtrip77 Member+

Jun 10, 2009
    N NJ!!!
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think playing him against Barca was to assist with showing he's an exceptional player.

If it actually helps....time will tell

9. Brock Hannsen

Brock Hannsen Member+

Feb 3, 2014
    Hartford, CT
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Sorry, I must've been too tired.

I would like to see more shots from us, though. From oscar, willian, hazard. We had some important goals come from our defense last season and we cant rely on those.

Dtrip77 repped this.