International Champions Cup/Audi Cup

Discussion in 'AC Milan' started by gcstorm9, Jul 27, 2013.

1. NickyViola

NickyViola Member+

May 10, 2004
    Boston
    Club:
    ACF Fiorentina
    Terzi sul campo per una coppa inconseguente...

Falc repped this.
  2. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Will you be telling yourself that when Fiorentina are participating in the Europa League?:giggle:

3. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Incredible to watch this team live. I thought they played beautifully. Granted, it was against the Galaxy but still thought the team moved and played nicely. Niang is everyday improving and scored a beauty. SES is as incredible as I thought. His touch on the ball and ability to get out of close quarters situations is a thing of beauty. Having him and Balo up top is going to be great. Every day they play together the better they will become. Also, I thought Poli played great. I always heard the name and knew he was good, but this summer was first time I really saw him play and he looked fantastic.He might be the guy we needed in our midfield besides Montolivo/De Jong. He hustles to win the ball and has an awareness in the attack to help out. If Boateng won't be that guy than Poli seems to be good enough to start. I feel its Poli/Nocerino for 3rd MF spot. Both add defensive/good passing and offensiveness to make an impact.

Also, I was able to see CR7 play and score 2 goals. I know he does a lot of flashy things that doesn't matter BUT when hes incredible. His FK and header goals were spectacular. Just an amazing night...

Rossonero23 and NickyViola repped this.
  4. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    i didn't see the game but heard that poli played LB for a while, is that true? seems odd to me

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i just watched the first half. it looked like poli, noce, and niang played well. balo dwelt on the ball too long at times. zaccardo, zapata, silvestre, and urby looked like a shaky combo in the back.

i'm ready for the CL draw tomorrow. let's get the season started.

gcstorm9 repped this.
  6. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    must have been in the second half because it didn't happen in the first. he has been playing on the right side of the midfield.

7. Rossonero23

Rossonero23 Member+

Sep 9, 2010
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Which team do you prefer?:geek: Who do we need to avoid?:cautious:

8. gcstorm9

gcstorm9 Member

Dec 17, 2001
    Coral Springs, Fl
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Poli started in midfield and worked his way back to RB in 2nd half. I'd imagine this was just a set back due to lack of players fit(Antonini was held out). BUT he was winning balls in midfield/controlling the game and even added some attacking runs. He really surprised me with his versatility.

Balo Niang and SES should be our starting trio. SES/Niang are great at tracking back and once gains confidence they will start scoring. I'm rly excited for them this year...

9. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    i want PSV!

10. kickball21

kickball21 Member

Jan 13, 2007
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    ask and you shall recieve. pumped for this draw!!! let's knock 'em down