Inter vs Sao Paulo: Libertadores Finals [r]

Discussion in 'Copa Libertadores / Sudamericana' started by SoccerScout, Aug 4, 2006.

1. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Your argument was simply that it was "retarded" because two teams from one country are playing. As a logical conclusion I would imagine you think playing a Venezuelan team who miraculously made it would be more exciting for Rio da Prata than to face Boca, or for Palmeiras than to face Santos, etc...

2. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    As I said - a group of highly talented players is a good thing, but Corinthians in 2006 showed it doesn't always work.

3. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Damn man.. I already told you that it would be really exciting to face Boca.. But that's different.. That's like Sao Paulo vs. Corinthians, or Vasco vs. Flamengo for example.. A clasico in the finals would be great, but other than that, I prefer two teams from two different countries.

4. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Then it's not retarded right? ;)

5. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    But Internacional-Sao Paulo isn't really a clasico, is it?

6. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I know.. That's why I said "we'll see"..

7. Century's Best

Century's Best Member+

Jul 29, 2003
    USA
    Not like SPFC vs. Palmeiras, but Internacional, even without a Libertadores title in its history, is one of the big names.

So it's retarded if it's not a "classico?" LOL

8. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well that's like saying River vs. Independiente.. Independiente has history in the tournament, and it is a "clasico" to face them, but I would prefer a rival from a different country.. The only way it would want it to be two Argenitne teams is if it's River vs. Boca or Racing vs. Independiente.

Anyway, you seem to not get my point, or do not want to get it, atleast.. And I explained to you earlier on that I didn't mean retarded as in "stupid", what I meant was that it's "less exciting".

9. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Internacional Porto Alegre
    I think Inter x Sao Paulo is a classico...in this sense. Its not a Gre-Nal but its a Brazilian Classic. As it would be with any combination of the Top 12 Teams in Brazil:

Inter
    Gremio
    Cruzeiro
    Atletico MG
    Flu
    Fla
    Vasco
    Bota
    SP
    Pal
    Corinthians
    Santos

10. locoxriver

locoxriver Moderator
    Staff Member

May 22, 2005
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    Well yeah, it is a clasico. But that's like saying River-Racing, River-Independiente, River-San Lorenzo, for instance.. I meant clasicos as in derby type of clasicos. As mentioned, this is still exciting, specially for Inter and Sao Paulo fans, but I find it a bit less exciting compared to two teams from different countries.. That's something "Century's Best" doesn't understand I am saying.. He thinks I am saying it's not exciting, when it truly is.. I just find it a bit more exciting when they are not both from the same country.

11. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:

If it were Inter x Sao Caetano.....

or even like last year Sao Paulo x Atletico PR I would find it less exciting...if thats possible for an Inter fan.....

but Inter x SP to me is as exciting or more than Inter x Chivas.

We wouldnt have anyone to argue with online!

12. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Hey, I got a question about Sao Paulo.

I remember a year or two ago they had the Futsal World Cup and this Brazilian guy was selected as the best player. He was fuking amazing and could do things with the ball that I've never seen Maradona, Zidane or Ronaldinho do.

I heard that he signed for Sao Paulo shortly after but I can't remember his name. He looked kinda white. Is he on the team? It's not Danilo is it?

13. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    No, his name is Falcão and he returned to futsal after a few months training with São Paulo.
    The coach at the time was Leão. He never really gave Falcão a chance, because he was jeallous.
    Leão likes to get all the attention and the fans were always asking for Falcão.

14. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    View from the stands of Sobis celebrating...Perdigao is funny in this video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iH3MMSI7n1U

BTW ...what a horrible view of the field from this part of the Morumbi...just Horrible...signs blocking the view of the field and very low angle...

15. Dominican Lou

Dominican Lou Member+

Nov 27, 2004
    1936 Catalonia
    Awww, that's a shame.

That guy was just nuts though. Maybe he wouldn't have been a star but he would have been entertaining as hell to watch.

16. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
  17. fejas

fejas New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    Without Josue and Ricardo Oliveira, it will be very tough for Sao Paulo to revert Inter's advantage. Even if they were to play it would still be too hard. Only one loss for Inter at Beira-Rio this year, and no goals conceded in the Libertadores at home since March. Sao Paulo must play its best game of the year to win this, I think. Either that or Inter managing a historical collapse to give the title away.

---
    Brazilian Futebol: http://www.brazilianfutebol.blogspot.com

18. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
    Some people here still have the balls to say Sao Paulo is better and or deserves the title...they have lost 4 times already....2 x to Chivas, 1 x to Estudiantes and 1 time to Inter.....Inter has only lost 1 to LDU up in the altitude.

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    F.T. Internacional 2 (4) - (3) 2 São Paulo

20. Bandeirante_SPFC

Nov 15, 2005
    Sao Paulo, SP
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Congratulations for Inter fans. Inter is a good team :)D) but deserve the trophy. Good lucky in Japan... I´ll support Inter against Barça.

e bem vindos ao seleto grupo de campeões continentais. ;)

Best regards!

21. SoccerScout

SoccerScout Member

Jan 3, 2001
    New Jersey, USA
    Club:
  22. GRBomber

GRBomber Member

Sep 12, 2005
    Brasília - Brazil
    Club:
    Sao Paulo FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Inter is a worthy champion.
    Congratulations.

23. fejas

fejas New Member

Apr 26, 2004
    Toronto, ON
    What a game. Internacional made all its fans proud and won in excellent and dramatic fashion, the way a Libertadores should be. Congratulations on the deserved title and good luck in December in Japan. May you win the world title to shut up the Gremio fans in relation to this issue. And if the team would need any extra encouragement, remember Barcelona's main player is Ronaldinho, who used to play for Gremio.

Sao Paulo played well and bravely, but must concede this wasn't its year. At least the players showed some character never giving up. It's much better to lose like this than the way Brazil lost at the World Cup.

Cheers,

Carlos
    ---
    Brazilian Futebol: http://www.brazilianfutebol.blogspot.com

24. Colorado_GAUCHO

Nov 16, 2004
    Porto Alegre-BRASIL
    Club:
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Essa libertadores e' para todos os secadores.

Inter calou a boca de muitos, acreditamos e chegamos.

CAMPEAO PORRRA!!!!