Inter vs. Napoli @StadioSanSiro

Discussion in 'Napoli' started by cipro, Mar 11, 2018.

1. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Watched the match , and outside of 10-15 minutes , Inter and Spalletti were cowards. (No surprise , read his post match comments)

For me, Callejon needs to be improved upon asap. It seems like he has very specific/limited instructions within the system due to his deficiencies. I feel if you had a RW with more quality , Sarri would allow that side to have more freedom , thus making it more unpredictable for the opposition and providing more balance to the attack. Any time the defence takes away Callejon’s first option , and forces him to show some instinctive/creative thought , he fcuks it up. Perhaps even a left footed player of Callejon’s quality in that position could provide more variance in Sarri’s design attack and allow more overlap opportunities for the RB.

Of course you guys know more than I do , just some observations..

Your two rumoured signings (that I’ve seen) of Grimaldo and Torriera make perfect sense and would provide that extra intelligence/technical quality Sarri requires.

I would say getting an upgrade on Callejon would be my first order of business after that (along with finding a Reina replacement.)

Either way, it’s paramount Napoli sticks with program and continues to build upon this. The foundation is in place , and if you guys buy young and wisely (players that fit Sarri) your place amongst the elite is solidified for years , regardless if players leave.

Continuity and your system will always be an advantage you have over the impatient and mismanaged “elite” in Italy. I feel Roma is starting to figure this out, and hopefully we’ll follow suit. But, the Milan clubs are still terribly run (FFP is coming for them/ shady ownership) and Lazio can’t afford to keep their core.

So whilst the scudetto looks lost this season, I hope there’s no knee-jerk reactions by Napoli because what’s in place will work and it’s special.

CarecaNapoli repped this.
  2. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    Watched the match , and outside of 10-15 minutes , Inter and Spalletti were cowards. (No surprise , read his post match comments)

For me, Callejon needs to be improved upon asap. It seems like he has very specific/limited instructions within the system due to his deficiencies. I feel if you had a RW with more quality , Sarri would allow that side to have more freedom , thus making it more unpredictable for the opposition and providing more balance to the attack. Any time the defence takes away Callejon’s first option , and forces him to show some instinctive/creative thought , he fcuks it up. Perhaps even a left footed player of Callejon’s quality in that position could provide more variance in Sarri’s design attack and allow more overlap opportunities for the RB.

Of course you guys know more than I do , just some observations..

Your two rumoured signings (that I’ve seen) of Grimaldo and Torriera make perfect sense and would provide that extra intelligence/technical quality Sarri requires.

I would say getting an upgrade on Callejon would be my first order of business after that (along with finding a Reina replacement.)

Either way, it’s paramount Napoli sticks with program and continues to build upon this. The foundation is in place , and if you guys buy young and wisely (players that fit Sarri) your place amongst the elite is solidified for years , regardless if players leave.

Continuity and your system will always be an advantage you have over the impatient and mismanaged “elite” in Italy. I feel Roma is starting to figure this out, and hopefully we’ll follow suit. But, the Milan clubs are still terribly run (FFP is coming for them/ shady ownership) and Lazio can’t afford to keep their core.

So whilst the scudetto looks lost this season, I hope there’s no knee-jerk reactions by Napoli because what’s in place will work and it’s special.

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  4. Retrosword

Retrosword Member+

May 16, 2013
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Can grimaldo play right back. Because hysaj sucks. His inability to kick a ball higher than 5 feet pays testament to this.

Euphorius Thor, CarecaNapoli and Sacki repped this.
  5. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    you are describing Callejon too... I personally think its unfair to put Allan in boat with those two. Allan just lacks brains and consistency.

we have by far two of the worst on their positions for top 5 clubs in the league

6. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    I finally disagree with you. Allan lacks quality.

7. CarecaNapoli

CarecaNapoli Member+

Jul 5, 2007
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Argentina
    It all sounds nice but what if Sarri leaves or multiple players get frustrated.

Also ADL is probably selling players. We are always almost there but he rather makes cash.

8. Hustle and Flow

Hustle and Flow Member+

Roma
    Feb 19, 2018
    Canada
    If Sarri leaves you’re in trouble. I think you can survive sales, provided you buy young players with the qualities suited to Sarri. He has shown he can develop with the best of them.

9. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Allan isnt the best but still a class above those two... Allan has been better this season than Hamsik. In truth a handful of our players just carry the rest and occasionally one of the "rest" will have a good game. Jorginho, Ghoulam, Mertens and Koulibaly are our best players because they always bring something to the table. And when Insigne isnt being a twat hes up there as well.

10. Danijel

Danijel Member

SSC Napoli
    Apr 25, 2013
    Amsterdam
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Bosnia-Herzegovina
    Allan is our best and the most consistent midfielder this season.

11. 11plavih

11plavih Member

Oct 17, 2017
    He is, he is having a great season, but in game against Inter he was under performing. Still can't believe Sarri didn't do anything about it.

12. indestructible

indestructible Member+

SSC Napoli
    Jan 14, 2007
    Mercato Professor
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    We suck

Rosay repped this.
  13. Sacki

Sacki Member+

Aug 23, 2015
    Denmark
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    #38 Sacki, Mar 14, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2018
    Arguably true, but in the big games he's only really had one stand out performance and that was 45 minutes against City; here Jorginho has constantly been much better than any of our other midfielders and its not without reason every big club out there and their mom wants to sign Jorginho.
    Smaller teams just dont know how to deal with Allan's power and presence which means he'll often come out on top, however I still believe he needs to take that last step towards becoming a better football player.

Its the Callejon syndrome all over again, yes he looks good in our system but is he a great football player? Will Tite call Allan up for the national team? Because he sure deserves it...
    Btw Tite was almost begging Jorginho to pick Brazil which is a testamente to his abilities and that also proves that Tite follows Napoli and therefore must've seen Allan play plenty.