Inter to build new Stadium

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by marakana11, Jun 4, 2012.

1. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    As reported by Corriere dello Sport, Inter are set to build a new stadium to be completed by 2016. The link is below:

http://football-italia.net/19566/inter-build-new-stadium

I am a huge fan of this idea. While we would lose a lot of the history of the San Siro, I would love for us to have our own ground and not worry about the noisy neighbors. I think it would be good financially in the long term, but it would probably mean very limited spending in the transfer market the next 4-5 seasons.

Thoughts?

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can live with limited transfers for 3-4 seasons if it means getting a stadium, the likes of arsenal and bayern have benefited greatly from owning their own stadium in numerous ways, income, funds, renting it out, ambiance etc.
    this would also be a good step towards ffp and getting out of the red and more into the grey and green

the club is finally taking a financially sound step, and actually getting the personnel to achieve this goal with that one guy who was behind the development of the juve stadium(keep forgetting his name) and the Chinese Railroad company in order to build it

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hope this happens !

4. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    I wonder if they are going to build in San Siro area or find another place in Milano to build.

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it's milan who want to stay and renovate and us wanting to move away and build elsewhere

6. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i dont understand why you guys just dont buy it i mean you guys could have with all the money you guys have spent in transfers...

7. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    mmm no first and foremost the stadium is owned by the milan municipality, from what I've read we are like a tenant renting out the stadium and paying up hence why don't generate as much money as other top clubs(I think milan is also a tenant of sorts), second they probably wouldn't sell it to us for cheap considering how prestigious it is and how much renovation has been made by public funds, third with all the money from the past oh lets say 4 seasons we wouldn't be able to buy it that and there would be some sort of agreement for milan cause where would they play?

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ya thats how it is italian teams pay rent all but juve and Reggina.

9. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    DDR and Il Ciuccio repped this.
  10. Curva Nord

Curva Nord Member

Mar 29, 2007
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Selling out to the repressive Chinese govt? I'd prefer to stay in San Siro even though I have never really liked it as stadiums go.

11. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    repressive govt. hold lots of money that we can use for the stadium and on the plus side we get labor for cheap so its a + + from my view
    I wanted to make a pun about chinese products but I couldn't come up with anything good anyways I'm glad we are moving out of Giuseppe Meazza, I disliked the towers and the state of the pitch at times

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Wait so workers in italy wont even be building it??

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well its the chinese railroad company that moratti met with a while ago so...well i suppose they will hire some italian workers unless they plan to fly all of their workers
    what I remember from my urbanization course is that companies usually have several groups each doing different task such as construction, designing, engineering, management, manufacturing etc.
    which means that all the higher ups will be the chinese and whatever they can't fill up they'll hire from nearby

14. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    im glad to see a stadium being built but i wish they would use italian workers it would do great for the local economy.

15. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    The workers won't be Chinese, don't be foolish.

16. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    anything can happen but i hope you are right.

17. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Any advantage the Chinese workforce has would be lost once it's exported. You have travel expenses, and not to mention housing and feeding which would cost double in Italy. If you were concerned about workers from neighboring European areas I could understand but from Asia not so much.

18. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    hmm this is true well this is good then hopefully they employ mostly italian workers if there is one good thing about italy trying to get new stadiums is it will provide jobs for a while.

19. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    Just like Gucci dress shoes made in Italy, they were made by a chinese man in Italy.

20. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    with all due respect, you are wrong. the textile industry in italy, for example, is dominated by the chinese now. they bring in their own labour to work the machines and they literally live in the factories and get paid about a third of what an italian would make. it wouldn't surprise me if the construction industry does the same thing.

21. DDR

DDR Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Club:
    AS Roma
    I disagree the majority of the Italian textile industry has moved operations abroad. To Asia, or even eastern Europe. See Beneton which is making clothes in India and Turkey. That there a lot of Chinese immigrants doing jobs for less than Italians is separate problem which is being created and exploited by the Italian companies that hire them.

22. Deleted User x

Deleted User x Member+

Mar 21, 2006
    i'm not trying to hijack this thread or anything but don't assume it's just italian companies that are hiring cheap chinese labor. there are many chinese owned factories in northern italy who are putting italian factories out of business. how do you think they are doing that?

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    people can talk about the "how", as long as folks don't stray away too far and end up in an extreme or mud slinging
    personally as a fan away from home & I living the scenario of "80% of what I own is made in china" , who builds the stadium is not much of a concern to me but if I lived in milan I would favor italians building an italian club stadium, and wouldn't mind some aid from somewhere else after all it is internazionale

Il Ciuccio and Mago Cuscatleco repped this.
  24. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whatever you do,don't let the Chinese design your new stadium. Have you seen how awful the Chinese Super league's stadiums?
    Stadiums in People's Republic of China
    http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/chn

25. G Enriquez

G Enriquez Member+

Apr 1, 2002
    Tampa
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #25 G Enriquez, Feb 10, 2014
    Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    They do have one good stadium,Teda Football Stadium. It is designed like a European soccer stadium.
    The rest of thier stadiums have running tracks and the seats are a mile away from the pitch.

Teda Football StadiumStadium
    http://stadiumdb.com/stadiums/chn/teda_football_stadium