Inter Serie A campaign 2011-2012 (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Samora, Dec 13, 2011.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I didn't attack anyone nor did I ever single anyone out! I said a month ago I can't see how Mancini failed or is a failure of a coach and have maintained this position all along ! Manchester City has won their first EPL title in 44 years and if anyone deserves a bit of credit for that, its Mancini because he is a winner and you have seen it!

Manicni & Balotelli are now raising the EPL trophy wearing the Italian flag around his shoulders! Awesome!

[​IMG]

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so focusing on today's very exciting and important match day

Lazio: 1 Bizzarri; 5 Scaloni, 21 Diakité, 20 Biava, 29 Konko; 27 Cana, 24 Ledesma; 87 Candreva 6 Mauri, 19 Lulic; 18 Kozak.
    Subs: 16 Berardi, 14 Garrido, 15 Gonzalez, 28 Makinwa, 41 Zampa, 53 Rozzi, 78 Zauri.
    Coach: Edoardo Reja.

Inter: 12 Castellazzi; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 4 Zanetti, 14 Guarin, 19 Cambiasso, 18 Poli, 11 Alvarez; 22 Milito.
    Subs: 21 Orlandoni, 2 Cordoba, 23 Ranocchia, 40 Juan, 37 Faraoni, 7 Pazzini, 81 Longo.
    Coach: Andrea Stramaccioni.

no klose! lazio's squad looks really depleted and the bench is missing some punch, though our squad is also missing some key players and our bench has no real attacking midfielder, faraoni is more defensive and longo is a wide forward
    still pretty hopeful we can win this!

3. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the team gave up after hearing udinese were up 2-0, first half we deserved the lead with so many chances, second half lazio deserved the lead though castelazzi and maicon had a lot to do with it
    only saw the first half and parts of the second cause its mother's day in the US....
    anyways at least its not 1998:oops:

4. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Europa League next season.....with atletico, napoli, lyon and maybe chelsea...

5. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we have to go through qualifying first since we ended up in 6th place in the league, usually though the teams are minnows from greece, ukraine, belgium etc.

6. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    It's been a roller coaster of a season, and at least we managed to get European football next season. It will be a good experience for the younger players, and with the way it's panning out the competition is growing every year. Next season we will have these clubs, a lot of which featured in this year's CL or in the past couple of years:

Lyon
    Marseille
    Bayer Leverkusen
    CSKA Moscow
    PSV Eindhoven
    Napoli
    Tottenham/Chelsea
    Athletic Bilbao
    Newcastle
    Atletico Madrid
    Twente
    Stuttgart
    Lazio
    AZ Alkmaar
    Sporting Lisbon
    Genk

7. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    When he wins the Champions League, then he can walk in the same footsteps as Mourinho, Sir Alex Ferguson, Carlo Ancellotti.. Until then, he is like Mr. Arsene Wenger.

8. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    marakana11 At least Mr Arsena have played a final

9. marakana11

marakana11 Member

Jun 20, 2007
    Cali
    Club:
    FK Crvena Zvezda Beograd
    Nat'l Team:
    Serbia
    That's true. At least he was consistent in getting to the top 8 teams in Europe... Mancini could not get past the final 16, and this season did not get through the group stage.

10. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah good luck on that. That will be the day I see Manchester City win a CL......I mean in the last 30 years only three or four EPL managers have won a trophy and one was because Milan blew a 3-0 lead. Forget about winning a CL, but winning the EPL is anything but easy. On the other hand, if Roberto Di Matteo can make the CL final and possibly win it all on Saturday in a care takers role, I don't see any reason why he couldn't.

11. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Didn't want to start a new thread to talk about this but we're facing Indonesia right now: 1-1, '23.

Our starters: 21 Orlandoni; 13 Maicon, 2 Cordoba, 25 Samuel, 4 Zanetti; 17 Palombo, 19 Cambiasso; 42 Jonathan, 29 Coutinho, 81 Longo; 22 Milito.

Bench: 12 Castellazzi, 91 Di Gennaro, 24 Dellafiore, 34 Biraghi, 18 Poli, 48 Crisetig, 53 Tremolada, 7 Pazzini, 96 Terrani.

Follow along on the Inter page:

http://www.inter.it/aas/hp?L=it

12. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    wow they are starting early with the pre season training.

13. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    oh cool the tour is more than one game, they had one 2 days ago but it was mostly youth vs indonesia's best or something like that, this game is being taken more seriously
    highlights will be available after the game in inter's youtube channel if anyone misses it

and yeah moratti and co. wanted to start preseason early to basically be ready for next season and really work hard on getting a good squad to perform
    I was going to start a preseason thread but so far I had only known of Inter in Indonesia

Il Ciuccio repped this.
  14. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    No, this is end of the season....

15. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    that's what preseason means, after the season is over games being played are pre season 2012-2013

16. pepinointer

pepinointer Member+

Mar 12, 2007
    Santiago de Compostela
    Club:
    Millonarios Bogota
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    The discussion is irrelevant....but this is part of 2011-2012 season.....cordoba that finish contract in june is playing, same for palomb and poli (that will be sign a permanent deal) ......real preseason starts after vacations

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that's what metro was alluding to, now this is preseason because the players have taken a vacation that the club issued: 3 days, then training then they flew to Indonesia hence why Il ciuccio commented on how early preseason is
    cordoba is playing to help the club since Lucio is undecided and probably leaving, Juan is with brazil, Ranocchia is with Italy, Chivu is dealing with the club, leaving only Samuel as the only true CB along with 1 youth member so Strama asked him to stick around and also be a mentor to the youth members
    Palombo is a surprise, though I see that the club is low on midfielders available so that's my only guess
    Poli is staying but sampdoria/inter and the player have yet to agree on the terms
    and lastly it is preseason because Inter have said so in their website, they have also called it friendlies though so...

18. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    This season ended and this tour is not part of the upcoming pre-season. Surely after this tour is over with, the players will go on vaca 'till the actual pre-season starts (probably mid to late June).

pepinointer repped this.
  19. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if they will the vacation is short, they've announced a "camp" like last season at pinzolo in early july(8th?)
    edit: that means the whole month of june...no news yet on june so I guess you guys are right and the players will take their vacation in june seeing as their is no scheduled dates as of yet, but then why would the inter site say preseason...

20. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

Coutinho seems to be in form.

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I read this morning Luis Figo may be finally leaving Inter to join Mourinho at Real....

22. Mago Cuscatleco

Sep 17, 2009
    Canada
    Club:
    FC Internazionale Milano
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada

what i learned from both games:
    1. Pazzini is garbage
    2. Poli should get signed
    3. Coutinho is doing well
    4. we should sign Edward Wilson & Andik Vermansyah for pennies and that should be the end of our transfer season.

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    not to bash on him but he didn't really do anything besides go to meetings and dress in a suit, and be part of inter events, I wonder what he would do at RM, still one of my favorite players though
    Pazzini just can't get out of the runt, the first game was more like practice but it was still a challenge for him, he had 3 real good opportunities to score, one he shot right at the GK, the other two he missed his first strike, kinda feel bad for him
    idk who Wilson was but the no.10 in the first game was pretty speedy and had nice touches and overall gave much trouble to our defense

24. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saw the indonesia highlights, pazzini scored twice and albeit the strikes weren't the prettiest he looked better in that game in comparison to some of his league performances

25. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Ha! Good one.