Inter Serie A campaign 2011-2012 (R)

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by Samora, Dec 13, 2011.

1. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I decided to make one single season thread for obvious reasons.
    Today we jumped to 7th:) after beating genoa 1-0 with Nagatomo deciding the game with a header. First half we came out hungry and had numerous attempts saved by a very good Sebastian Frey. Almost everyone played with with the exemption of Milito and Faraoni who I think needed to rest. Alvarez played well and contributed to the goal with a nice cross to the shortest player on the pitch who got in the header. Genoa almost equalized but JC and our defense held on for our second straight clean sheet. Forlan made his return but didn't do anything really note worthy.

this is the only highlight I could find.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qiTQ18b3Ag"]Genoa 0 -- 1 Inter Milan 13-12-11 FULL HIGHLIGHTS HD(+MEDIAFIRE DOWNLOAD) - YouTube[/ame]

With this win we can finish strongly in the top half of the table in December.

Next game is away to Cesena this Sunday.

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    How can I forget about Poli!, played defensively well especially when covering Nagatomo some good touch and passes hopefully he starts building from this. Oh and Forlan actually played better than Milito but that isn't saying much...:D

3. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Samora you should ask to be the inter forum mod it might help bring in new posters and you could toss out the juve trolls;)

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the way I see it though is what do I have to mod?:D
    the few troll posts I just ignore unless they are worth a laugh

there's fans out there but I'm not gonna judge, plead or look for them, if they wanna post, post, if not it's all good but I appreciate the thought and thank you for adding some liveliness :)

5. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Faraoni is looking like he will become something big ! i really hope he doesn't wind up like Davide...

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ranieri is living up to his reputation of being a tinkerman, which is a good thing for the position we are in in which we need to let go of dependency from some old guard members and move in youngsters in to eventually replace them, Faraoni is looking to be one of those young players
    he needs to get into the game more but that is something that takes time

Santon underperformed under Rafa and probably got frustrated with not starting a lot and eventually getting loaned out and replaced by Nagatomo
    kinda sucks since a lot of interistas thought he could be the next Zanetti

7. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I do have to apologize for not having posted so frequently recently. :eek:

8. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    MetroChile you got any info on vargas ?

9. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yea, of course: second striker/winger who almost singlehandedly led his club--U. de Chile--to the Copa Sudamericana title (their first ever international title, equivalent to Europa League).

Reminds me a bit of Alex Pato in terms of his first step but in Chile is compared to Alexis though to me Vargas is a little more direct/simple in his approach.

His first touch and tactical awareness could use a little work, though but that is understandable considering the guy did not play at youth level at all: won a soccer reality show in Chile and then spent one month each at U. Católica's youth system as well as Palestino, before Cobreloa took him on and gave him his professional debut (Cobreloa is the same Alexis Sánchez made his professional debut on).

There is plenty of material on Vargas available on YT but then again, anyone can look great on there. Again, I am usually very apprehensive about (over)-hyping young Chilean players but in this case, this guy may turn out to be the real deal, imo.

Ultimately, I'd say that the guy is a wide striker/second striker with a very good nose for goal: kind of reminds me of Tévez when he played for Boca and Corinthians.

Lastly, in the last few months he's had his chances with the NT: in the first half of a friendly vs. Spain, he shitted on them (along with Sánchez) and scored a crucial goal vs. Peru in a WCQ match. Both goals are featured toward the end of the vid I posted below.

Cheers.

10. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    The song is cool on this one, so I mite as well post it:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khYFrW47qrY"]?? Eduardo Vargas 2011 Goles y Jugadas Copa Sudamericana y Seleccion Nacional - YouTube[/ame]

:cool:

11. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Thanks Metro the reason why i asked is Napoli is making a big bid for him if we get him and he does really well i can see us selling Hamsik!

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    He would not replace Hamsik, positionally speaking. If anything, he would be a sort of Lavezzi-type player for you guys.

If you do sell Hamsik, however, hopefully it will be to Inter. :D :cool:

13. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Hamsik goes invisible a lot he is great when he is on point but other then that he is a let down.

Anyways hope you guys have a good season.

14. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I believe he signed another extension for you guys, so your stuck with him for a while :p

15. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    these extension contracts mean nothing i dont even know why they bother if the player wants to go he will go.

16. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    it cost money to make these contracts, on top of which usually players when given an extension are paid more, so they actually mean something to certain individuals
    now whether hamsik wants to go that I have never heard, interest from other clubs including our own that I've heard since the last 2 years

but with our management looking into younger cheaper options I don't think Inter will bid for him unless he goes for cheap, which he probably won't

17. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cesena tomorrow in the morning, 6 am pacific, 9 am eastern

call up
    Goalkeepers: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni;

Defenders: 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 37 Davide Faraoni, 55 Yuto Nagatomo;

Midfielders: 5 Dejan Stankovic, 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 18 Andrea Poli, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 29 Coutinho;

Forwards: 7 Giampaolo Pazzini, 9 Diego Forlan, 22 Diego Milito, 28 Mauro Zarate, 30 Luc Castaignos.
    good healthy squad, I'll probably catch the end of it if not I'll look for highlights

18. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    saw most of the second half, a Ranocchia header and an extremely important save from Julio Cesar allowed us to leave with a 1-0 and make that 5 wins out of the last 6 games!

didn't see the first but the attack was struggling to get any decent chance, both Pazzo and Milito were not performing
    Cesena was also lacking in attack but started to get more and more chances towards the end and we narrowly were holding on
    but we got a win and clean sheet so job is done

next game is in just 3 days vs Lecce with the usual later starting time

19. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    so talk is going around that you guys want Krasic and that juve is asking for Ranocchia perhaps they feel him and Bonucci need to be together again.

20. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    we don't need second place bidone d'oro, we got the first! :D

wasn't his dream to play for juve?
    anyways, even though krasic can go back to form, and add something from the wings, unless he will transfer for cheap or maybe on loan I don't see it happening

I guess it all depends on how much krasic and ranocchia are worth

21. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    btw that should really go in transfers and rumors mod ;)

22. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    woops i didnt see the thread !:(

23. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Call up for tomorrow vs Lecce,

Goalkeepers: 1 Julio Cesar, 12 Luca Castellazzi, 21 Paolo Orlandoni.

Defenders: 2 Ivan Ramiro Cordoba, 4 Javier Zanetti, 6 Lucio, 13 Maicon, 23 Andrea Ranocchia, 25 Walter Samuel, 37 Davide Faraoni, 55 Yuto Nagatomo.

Midfielders: 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Ricardo Alvarez, 18 Andrea Poli, 19 Esteban Cambiasso, 20 Joel Obi, 29 Coutinho.

Forwards: 7 Giampaolo Pazzini, 9 Diego Forlan, 22 Diego Milito, 28 Mauro Zarate, 30 Luc Castaignos.

One of the things that baffle me is calling up Poli, Castaignos, and others and not even including them in the bench
    I thought with the performance Poli gave at genoa he would start again but he has yet to do so
    on top of players being cleared for matchday and end up pulling out

I would like to see this:
    -------------JC----------------

-Maicon-Frog-Lucio-Nagatomo

-----------Cambiasso----------

-----------Poli--Motta----------

--------------Coutinho----------
    --------------Forlan-------------

as long as we don't see Milito and Pazzini pair up again

as for Lecce, we got to watch out since they can score and have shown that in the last 3 games:
    Napoli 4-2 Lecce, 2-3 vs Lazio, 3-3 vs parma
    a good test for our defense, since Napoli and roma tied last round so that left us at 5th and if we win we solidify a good december position which is superb considering where we were at

24. Il Ciuccio

Il Ciuccio Member+

Feb 17, 2010
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    i feel bad about Milito I really think Maradona killed his confidence during the world cup...

25. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I just came from my best european season winning mostly everything and seeing Palermo start ahead of me, my confidence would also take a hit

line ups
    Inter: 1 Julio Cesar; 13 Maicon, 6 Lucio, 25 Samuel, 55 Nagatomo; 37 Faraoni, 4 Zanetti, 8 Thiago Motta, 11 Alvarez; 9 Forlan, 7 Pazzini.
    Subs: 12 Castellazzi, 2 Cordoba, 19 Cambiasso, 20 Obi, 22 Milito, 29 Coutinho, 30 Castaignos.
    Coach: Claudio Ranieri.

Lecce: 1 Gabrieli; 30 Oddo, 40 Tomovic, 13 Ferrario; 7 Cuadrado, 18 Giacomazzi, 8 Obodo, 10 Olivera, 28 Brivio; 24 Muriel, 17 Di Michele.
    Subs:50 Turbacci, 9 Corvia, 16 Diamoutene, 20 Bergougnoux, 21 Grossmuller, 22 Piatti, 77 Pasquato.
    Coach: Serse Cosmi

I think we are playing a 4-4-2, glad to see Forlan given a chance