Inter Lineup 2013/14

Discussion in 'Inter Milan' started by SteelShot, Aug 9, 2013.

1. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Ok guys, I know we got some injury holdouts and waiting over the Wallace loan, but what do you guys feel would be our best lineup out there according to Mazzari's formation.
    -----------------Handanovic--------------------
    -------Campagnaro-Rannochia---Juan-------
    Zanetti--------------------------------Nagatomo
    ------------Guarin-----Kovacic-----------------
    ------Palacio-------------Belfoldil--------------
    -----------------Milito---------------------------

Our bench would consist of Carrizo/Samuel/Andreolli/Jonathan/Cambiasso/Ricky/Icardi.

I'm not very fond of Pereira and Kuzmanovic so far and would prefer to see them play less.

2. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Juan- Nagatomo works, Zanetti-Campg can work seeing as Campg made some deep runs over at napoli however this line up is really lacking in the defensive mid area
    guarin can improve in tracking back but currently he is not a good tackler, winner of the ball or back tracker
    Kovacic lacks defensive ability but he's still young and promising
    i would feel safer( and i think mazzarri does too) if cucho(or a quality DM) was in front of defense in 3-5-2
    using your line up however i would put cucho next to kovacic, guarin/ricky where palacio is at and icardi/palacio up top since milito is not coming for quite a while and even then he most likely will see more time as a sub

3. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Sensible, I can reason with your DM argument. I'd just like to see a bit more offense from us this year but without proper DM teams will continue to rape us on the counter. So how do u rate Belfodil? I honestly like him more than Icardi, he contributes more to the team IMO. I really hope Cuchu proves me wrong. Btw you're right on Campagnaro, he was playing pretty high up against Juve which surprised me.

4. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Belfodil does contribute with pace, some trickery and shooting and is much more adaptable than icardi however currently our midfield/wingbacks don't produce enough quality service for whoever is CF forcing them to either go back into midfield or starve
    Palacio can hold the ball somewhat and can pass the ball, icardi not so much but hes a year younger than belfodil so we'll see how he turns out
    still waiting to hear news about ruben botta

5. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Fill me in on Ruben Botta. I thought Wallace was going to be our last signing. You ready for the Real Madrid game today? That will be a serious test!

6. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    honestly all i know is he is a versatile offensive player, never seen him play tbh
    i keep hearing wallace is done everyday and its yet to happen mean time our management signs a decent player on loan out of no where: Rolando from napoli
    oh man is that today...thought it was tomorrow, ya im ready! :p

7. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Man we got work to do. Madrid are opening is up too easily and we can't get the ball up besides hoofing it up Palacio or if Guarin gets a touch. Plus our defenders making silly mistakes. I just read about Rolando, what happened to him? He was huge in AVB's last year in Porto. So is Botta officially part of the squad or is he another Wallace!?

8. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Madrid are simply better
    also with the formation we played today which was 3-1-5-1 or 3-2-4-1 we should have been able to press madrid much more and take hold of possession in midfield

im more annoyed with this strategy of hoofing the ball the moment you get the ball back and let madrid have possession? thats just asking for trouble
    Rolando? ask napoli fans havent seen him play at all since AVB porto days
    Botta i have no clue about, stuck in some limbo maybe but hey at least we got a decent CB so we can stop playing Chivu :D

9. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    That first half was ugly. Palacio needs more help up front. We improved in the second half. Ricky has some tricks up his sleeve and could push for a starting spot this year. Icardi was better today in his short stint. Jonathan did nothing to impress me and Pereira was crap as usual. How do u feel about Kuznanovic? He is too invisible for me in the center and playing him higher up doesn't translate to better opportunities.

I'm with you on that one man, please no more Chivu unless we really have to. I hope we see the old Rolando. Amazing we saw Duncan today! So where are the other Inter fans on this blog? You can't be the sole survivor!

10. Samora

Samora Moderator
    Staff Member

Inter Milan
    United States
    Mar 27, 2008
    San Diego!
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    agree 100% but alas management is not going to let go of jonathan or pereira
    im amazed at how much pereira has dipped from his porto days where his crosses were actually spot on and he would sometimes take players 1 v 1, jonathan is...he could be better and sometimes he can link well enough with guarin but usually he's just mediocre

well its never been much of a racket compared to other forums even at our prime there was maybe max 8-10 people here. I think besides some new faces metro and I are the only ones around from the mou era. Benitez driving the team to mediocre levels didn't help coupled that with exits of multiple stars and that pretty much drove morale to the ground.

11. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Oh man, we gotta get more people here. Any ideas? Advertise on other soccer forums? I remember Metro and I think a few others. God damn Benitez, he ********s shit up. I usually liked Napoli but with him there gotta start hating.

Jonathan unfortunately represents the new Inter in which cheaper and more mediocre players are signed. I agree with you about Pereira, that guy has seriously regressed. He was a quality LB for both Porto and Uruguay. I can't stand seeing him out there

12. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Considering his fitness/age/lack of pace, I don't see Mazzarri using Zanetti as the RBW. That spot is probably Jonathan's.

13. SteelShot

SteelShot Member

Jun 8, 2009
    United States
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    I know, but it's Zanetti!! Don't make me cry!