Intended Striker Confirmed

Discussion in 'Toronto FC' started by busbyboy74, Feb 2, 2009.

1. busbyboy74

busbyboy74 Member

Apr 13, 2007
    416 Proper
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
  2. davidsanchez157

Oct 30, 2008
    Toronto
    Club:
    Toronto FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Canada
    bomb! thats good news!

so we might be seeing another central d, by next month!

way to go vitti!

3. torontofcmark

torontofcmark Member

Oct 24, 2006
    Toronto
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    ill believe it when i see it all. Why are we so high on this argentine striker? I like the age 23. But is he a burn out star under the pressure? I hope he can come here and dominate the MLS....but then that leaves him open to leaving for a better league in the future too..damned if you do, damned if you dont. Well hope while he is here he is dynamite scorer for the team.

4. Khaleeji

Khaleeji New Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Bahrain
    All you can do is hope he comes and plays really well for us. If that means he moves on to another league, then we cash in and get a good rep for developing players, thus making ourselves attractive to other young international players. If he does well and decides to stay, then he stays and continues to do well. As long as he does well, it's a win-win

5. GoodDead

GoodDead Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 8, 2004
    Toronto Canada
    Club:
    Sporting Braga
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    23 year old Argentine coming to TFC, look up his stats and it confirms my suspicion. Doesn't look promising especially if we are going to offer a "Never Was" DP money.

One thing if they guy was a known proven goal scorer or if he was currently tearing it up at 23 or a touted 18-20 year old prospect. He is however none of these things.

Hopefully if we do sign him he flourishes he's still young enough I suppose but he won't be a Schelleto but we are going to give him more money.

6. mikenike

mikenike Member

May 31, 2007
    TFC is in MLS.

If he was tearing it up in Argentina he wouldn't be coming to Toronto - simple as that.

Lets see what happens re: salary (hope to God he isn't getting DP cash) and be thankful that Mo isn't looking at castoffs from Yeoville Town.

Many of us have been complaining for months that Mo spends too much time looking to British players and not enough looking south - now that he is doing so I think we should see if the player fails before we crucify anyone...