<Insert Name Here> Sucks! - Our Very Own 'Other Teams' Thread [R]

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Union' started by Highbury, Feb 26, 2009.

1. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Phillyspur repped this.
  2. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After the five years that David Beckham has spent trying to build a stadium for Miami’s future Major League Soccer team, what’s another week?

Following Thursday’s marathon Miami City Commission meeting, which was stretched out with hours of public testimony and debate, the commissioners deferred a decision to put a large-scale redevelopment at Melreese Country Club on the November ballot for six more days.

Read more here: https://www.miamiherald.com/news/local/community/miami-dade/article214690475.html#storylink=cpy

4. CyphaPSU

CyphaPSU Member+

Mar 16, 2003
    Not Far
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I watched DCU last night and saw Rooney's debut. You could see once he came on for the final half hour how a single forward who possesses some quality can change an entire team's attack, multiple people made similar observations. Rooney did not have to score in order to raise the play of attackers around him, they looked improved going forward. I could not help but think of what the Union lacks.

I do not desire the Union to pull in an aging European name at the tail of his career. However, I so much desire that the Union front office sees the value of signing a forward who has the type quality that raises the play of the teammates around him. Why has this been so difficult to ask for with this ownership? Looking around the league, you do not need to spend a massive fortune on such a player, but you do need to be willing to spend something. I suppose, though, that therein lies the problem.

cwelch999, buzzkiller23 and lopezzzz repped this.
  5. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It'll never happen...........but the Union should pick up the phone, call the Portland Timbers and inquire about Fanendo Adi. He's now a bench player making $1.5M. He'd fit the Union perfectly too. He can hold the ball up and win aerial battles, and additionally makes the runs that Sapong doesn't. He's basically Sapong and Burke combined...........he's also a proven goal scorer in MLS.........

mattylip repped this.
  6. lopezzzz

lopezzzz Member

Jun 28, 2011
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Winning is not a priority. Sugarman will not spend his own money because it doesn’t add anything to the eventual re-sale value.

cwelch999 and buzzkiller23 repped this.
  7. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    See Accam, David.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  8. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Accam got the team two much needed points in the standings with his lone MLS goal. Probably more valuable than scoring 5 goals in less important situations.

I agree about Adi. He is making $1,933,333.33 this season and is firmly behind Armenteros on the depth chart who is making a lot less money. The Union do not appear to have a lot of GAM or TAM left but it's possible that Portland would want to move him at a bargain price if he is not in their plans going forward.

I do not agree that Mullins would have helped this team. He is not better than Sapong or Burke. Having three average strikers is not going to improve the team. Unlike the GK position, they can't all play at the same time. See https://www.sbnation.com/soccer/201...ion-rais-mbohli-macmath-blake-goalkeepers-mls

djramone and jaykoz3 repped this.
  9. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "Proven goal scorer" refers to quantity. In my opinion, that means double-digits, when I need to take my shoes off to count.

jaykoz3 and Handsome Pete repped this.
  10. CITY&UNION

CITY&UNION Member

Oct 23, 2011
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Getting Mullins would put us in Revolution territory with a lot of mediocre career MLS strikers on the roster. He's scored 23 goals in 96 appearances for .24 goals per appearance. Don't want.

djramone, jaykoz3 and LimeTree repped this.
  11. LimeTree

LimeTree Member+

Oct 22, 2007
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    We seriously debating Mullins? There is a reason he has floated around and settled nowhere. He's goodish enough at some things without being very good at much of anything all. Essentially, he's a below average MLS striker (and that's being generous). Hard pass, my friends. Shouldn't even be a conversation.

CJ and Burke are a fine striking corps behind an absolute killer CF. That's the only thing that fits the bill.

CITY&UNION, Dills and jaykoz3 repped this.
  12. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  13. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  15. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  16. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thomas19064 repped this.
  17. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My new favorite hobby is watching the "anti-establishment" crowd wine at USL twitter accounts because they are putting a D3 team in Chattanooga. What a bunch of hypocritical cry babies.

Handsome Pete, lopezzzz and jaykoz3 repped this.
  18. mattylip

mattylip Member+

Philadelphia Union
    Jul 22, 2011
    Cherry Hill (127, D)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What's the issue? Why are they hypocrites?

19. jaykoz3

jaykoz3 Member+

Dec 25, 2010
    Conshohocken, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Because they scream and shout for an open system in US Soccer with competition. Now there's competition in their town with a USL club being formed. Since this competition isn't within the terms they want, they are crying foul. Basically they don't like the USL, MLS, USSF, and SUM. To them it's all one big cartel that is holding Soccer in the US back, and preventing the US from becoming the global superpower that the US is entitled to be.....

At least that's how I read it :D

thomas19064 repped this.
  20. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #3495 thomas19064, Aug 3, 2018
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 3, 2018
    ding, ding, ding

They want open competition on their terms only. CFC had every oppourtunity to join USL D3 but the owner didn't want to, so USL found another owner that was interested in putting a team in Chattonooga. Now everybody is upset at USL... they really should be upset a CFC's owner for not joining USL.

Lol Detroit City:

This crowd is so self-righteous.

jaykoz3 repped this.
  21. Dills

Dills Moderator
    Staff Member

Philadelphia Union
    United States
    Jun 6, 2006
    Southampton|PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union