Infraction regarding Comment

Discussion in 'Customer Service' started by HeartandSoul, Mar 20, 2007.

1. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Just so that I can avoid a future infraction, I would like to know why this comment earned me a warning?

::In regarding Riquelme, yes he has committment issues, thus why he had problems with the management in Villarreal, obviously he was no longer happy playing in Spain, thus why he over stayed his vacation time, one of the deciding factors as to why he wasn't even being put on the bench.::

I was given a response that it was "Basic Trolling", I am in total disbelief especially since this comment was posted on the Boca Juniors 2007 thread. In no way do I feel that this post violates the TOS.

2. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Did you ask the mod who gave it to you?

3. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Where are these comments placed? Are they neg rep or PMs or what? I've read about some sort of infraction/violation points system - any explanation?

4. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Yeah, I PM efernandez9, in regards to why my post qualified as a troll.

It was made in the Argentina Forum, in the Boca Juniors 2007 thread.

I had brought on an issue involving a Copa Libertadores game, and Boca missing key players, I was expecting a simple yet formal discussion, instead I had a user user verbally insult me. I didn't respond back with any anger or insults, in no way violating the TOS that I agreed upon.

The next day logging on, I realized that one of the users post was gone, due to the language he used, but at the same time I was also given a warning, reason being Basic Trolling. I asked the mod the reason, and his response was "I was raining on their parade."

Either way I am avoiding the thread, because it is rather pointless in trying to discuss soccer involving that specific club, when they reacted in an overly sensitive way, when it was needless.

Still, I don't understand the reason for a warning, if the comment that I used involves trolling, then how am I to know when to comment, and when not to. I am all for civil discussion, but also for fairness and justice as well, and I really would just like a little more information as to what constitutes trolling.

I am posing the question here, because I couldn't get a real straight answer elsewhere, and this seemed like the place to voice a concern.

5. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    They are sent via PMs. If you have an infraction, you will be able to see it in your profile (but other posters will not be able to see it)...so it is a bit like neg rep, but not quite the same.

6. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    So are they like points on your driver's licence? What are the benchmarks? 1=no great deal? 100=yellow? What?

7. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Tell you what - I'll give you an infraction and you'll know what it is like! :D

8. HeartandSoul

HeartandSoul Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2007
    The Garden State
    Club:
    CD Colo Colo
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Well, since there is no written law, other than the Terms of Service, I am assuming that whatever is deemed trolling, is left to the moderators discretion?

I'm going by that logic, guess it's fair enough

Soccernutter, thanks for giving me some info regarding the infractions system, as it seems to be not as detrimental as I had originally thought.

9. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Cute, but seriously?

And I presume infractions are in the eye of the mod, but are for the usual - trolling, flaming etc.?

10. ToonUSA

ToonUSA New Member

Jan 11, 2005
    I got a small infraction for avoiding the language filter.

11. Crimson Ace

Crimson Ace Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 4, 2003
    McKinney, TX
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Each board is unique. What may seem fair game on one board may be card worthy on another. One of the great features of BigSoccer is that each board has individual Mods that understand how their board should operate because they're simply fans like you. If a Mod encounters a situation they're uncertain about, we bring it to either (a) other Mods for discussion, or (b) the SuperMods. Either way, I think it's a pretty good system.

I hope that helps.

12. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll send you a PM.

13. AndyMead

AndyMead Homo Sapien

Nov 2, 1999
    Seat 12A
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Except that in some situations the board mods don't do what's best for their board and take matters into their own hands. A rogue mod can quickly issue enough infractions on a user to turn them Yellow, then Red. And if it's a premium user with more than 100 posts in their mailbox, turning the red basically kicks them off of BigSoccer altogether - unless they're willing to delete a bunch of PMs, or they know some actual email addresses of the Supermods.

The lack of consistency may be seen as a benefit, but when abused it's one of the worst things of BigSoccer.

14. Sakuragi

Sakuragi Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Exactly. We have seen it countless of times, where it is more than obvious the abuse by mods. Even more so with the new pack of mods that arouse not too long ago. I believe you only had to write a few sentences lying about your capacities to be hired.

15. Dr. Know

Dr. Know Member+

Dec 5, 2005
    Macondo
    Sigh, no you were being a pain in the ass.

You asked why Riquelme and Palermo didn't play and we answered that they had minor injuries/fatigue and were given a rest.

You came back with some sarcastic remarks and started questioning the players commitment to the club which clearly angered some of the regular posters on the board mostly because it was based on ignorance.

16. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    We don't really publicize the details. But 1 point is not a big deal.

17. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Problem is it only takes one trolling mod who doesn't like you to take you from nothing to a red card in five minute.

18. dark knight

Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Sorry - but that's just not true. Mods almost never give out red cards.

19. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    Or on the other hand it just takes one annoying troll who keeps on biting and biting and annoying a forum to rack up the points over a total of 1 and a half months to get a yellow card.

But obviously neither of us are talking about specifics are we................

20. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why am I banned from the USA board when the infractions happened in Yanks Abroad and the Newcastle board? And why give an infraction if the offending post is still left in it's intact? Wouldn't that just cause more people to be offended?

21. Rick B

Rick B Member

Aug 26, 2003
    Harare, Zimbabwe
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Zimbabwe
    To answer - the posts I infracted you for were removed and put in the bin. The other was probably an oversight. Re your ban - the only thing I can think of is that the parent forum for Yanks Abroad is USA. So the software might mean you are banned from the parent and all sub forums.

22. Dirt McGirt

Dirt McGirt Member+

Jun 20, 2005
    Phoenix, AZ
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks. What's weird is I can still post in Yanks Abroad and MLS just not in the USA board.

23. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pardon me..

What is the point system on infractions?

24. elluisillo

elluisillo Member

Jul 21, 2006
    Tijuana,Mexico
    DK

can i get an explanation about the 3 infractions that i got for one post. :mad:

i don't know what what you mean by(abused/flamed users)

25. FNU

FNU BigSoccer Yellow Card

Mar 6, 2007
    Monte Vesuvio
    Club:
    SSC Napoli
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    So when is the Mod Poll again? :D Got to love democracy.