Indy NASL News

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by NSmith22, Feb 15, 2013.

1. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not a fan. Too often last year the team seemed poorly organized and unable to move the ball effectively through the midfield. There was talent there, especially when Mares came back, but the players didn't seem to understand how to play together effectively. There was an awful lot of hoof-and-hope, reminiscent of the early days under Jurgen Sommer. That's on the coach.

2. EPJr

EPJr Member+

Los Angeles FC
    United States
    Mar 21, 2009
    Richmond VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    canammj and BTL97 repped this.
  3. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As of today, fivethirtyeight.com (which has sports statistics as a secondary specialty) gives Indy Eleven a greater than 99 percent chance of making the playoffs, an 18 percent chance of making the final game, and an eight percent chance of winning the championship. That's down just a bit from two weeks ago (when Indy was given a 10 percent chance of winning the championship) but it's still better than anyone in the east except Tampa Bay (though only a hair's breadth better than NYRB2).

(Please note: fivethirtyeight.com is principally a political website; I am not citing it or endorsing it for that purpose. I simply thought it was interesting that the site (a) would cover the USL Championship at all, and (b) would rank Indy so highly).

stphnsn repped this.
  4. VBCity72

VBCity72 Member+

Aug 17, 2014
    Sunny San Diego
    Club:
    Plymouth Argyle FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Huh, I never knew 538 was a political site. I never leave the ranking page. I don't know if you've ever looked at their global rankings but they have Indy Eleven as the 487th best team in the world. Right in between Cittadella of Serie B and Silkeborg of the Danish Superliga.

jeffcoop repped this.
  5. antnee7898

antnee7898 Member

Oct 19, 2007
    South Houston, TX
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    canammj repped this.
  6. JDogindy

JDogindy Member