Indy NASL News

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by NSmith22, Feb 15, 2013.

1. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Yeah I wasn't a fan of hearing that, but do keep in mind these are negotiations so where they start most likely won't be where they end. Personally I don't think the stadium will matter if they can't get some bigger named investors, or a lot more investors.

2. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    but they're going to pay the whole expansion fee themselves! lol. isn't the legislature trying to figure out how to pay for $60M worth of bicentennial celebration costs right now? it seems like a great time to ask for free money.

3. USAsports6

USAsports6 Member+

FC Dallas
    United States
    Oct 17, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm hoping the $10 million number is a starting point, that they're willing to negotiate with. Because I am very skeptical of getting a $120 million stadium deal passed if he's only paying for 10 million of it directly.

The One X repped this.
  4. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Agreed, I would like to see a minimum of a 50/50 split.

5. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    yes. this at least if they're getting public money. and with ersal, the club, and the rest of the investors on the hook for any shortfall from their projections. and not just a promise to pay from an entity that can declare bankruptcy when it goes bad. there needs to be a performance bond in place.

6. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    https://www.soctakes.com/2017/03/22/turkish-airlines-and-honda-to-sponsor-indy-elevens-kits/

Turkish Airlines (TA) happens to be this author’s favorite international airline. Having flown TA back and forth from Chicago to Delhi, via Istanbul, I can tell you that its service is top-notch. But, TA does not fly into Indianapolis. Yet, a source close to the deal confirms that Indy XI has signed a contract with TA to be a shirt sponsor. The deal is expected to be announced tomorrow and “Turkish Airlines” will be visible on the lower back of player jerseys. While attracting a sponsor of TA’s magnitude is a huge asset for the club, it wasn’t immediately clear as to what TA would be getting in return.

7. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    http://www.indyeleven.com/news/2017...urns-to-wish-tv--myindy-tv-23-for-2017-season

The Eleven are back on WISH-TV and MyINDY-TV 23. They will have 16 home NASL games and 4 away games.

The national NASL deal includes BeIN Sports and ESPN3 again. Indy Eleven will be on BeIN Sports five times in the Spring Season and 11 times on ESPN3. Also, SF Deltas will be streaming games on Twitter which will include the 3 Eleven games out there.

Also, there will be a local post-game show:

JDogindy, jeffcoop and The One X repped this.
  8. kenntomasch

kenntomasch Member+

Sep 2, 1999
    Out West
    Club:
    FC Tampa Bay Rowdies
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Is it not amazing to long-time followers how many teams are now able to get local TV deals?

9. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    They may not have any direct flights to and from Indy, but I'm sure there are many people where the second or third leg of their travel is on Turkish Airlines. Also, correct me if I am wrong, I believe the owner was born and raised in Turkey before becoming a US Citizen.

10. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    That is correct. Ersal Ozdemir, owner of the Eleven, came to Indiana to go to Purdue University and then became a U.S. citizen. His family is still mostly in Turkey.

11. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad that Honda will remain the shirt sponsor. Nothing against Turkish Airlines, which I've never flown, but Honda has a bit more of a big-time feel in this country.

12. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Turkish Airlines is still decent for any American club imo, much better than the majority of MLS clubs, let alone other 2nd division clubs. Although I honestly couldn't care less what our sponsor is as long as we're getting the most money we can get out of them and don't look like a complete laughing stock.

The One X repped this.
  13. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    [​IMG]

What do you guys think of the new uniform?

BTL97 repped this.
  14. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    I like it a lot. Seems strange to unveil it a month into the season but better late than never. I hope the checkered flag is a part of the secondary shirt. I'd hate to lose that completely.

BTL97 repped this.
  15. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm glad we FINALLY got new kits but it really sucks that we're not sticking with the checkers, I at least expected a side design/piping with a checkered design. Besides that nitpick, I think these look solid, hopefully we don't have these for 3 seasons like the inaugural kits.

I definitely dig the adidas sponsorship though, now we've got some real deal sponsors all-around with adidas, Honda, and Turkish Airlines.

16. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Only having a uniform for 3 seasons seems short for me. Look at the Pacers they are going on a full decade with the same uniform, and the Colts have been basically using the same uniform since they came here with only minor changes.

BTL97 repped this.
  17. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    True, but it's much different in soccer, it's usually customary to change your kit every year.

18. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    https://centralstatefc.wordpress.com/2017/04/25/indy-eleven-a-new-era-begins-with-adidas/

A blog about the new uniforms, not all that interesting until I go to the end where I found this.

BTL97 repped this.
  19. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  20. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The pictures look good; I'll be interested to see how they look on the field. It's a shame to lose the checkers, but according to a statement on the Indiy Eleven website, a checkered design was "not available." I assume that's a matter of what templates were available for Indy's use, as we know Adidas can make checkered shirts.

I really hope we're not going to move to annual jersey changes like they have in Europe. Annual redesigns seem like a pure cash grab.

I also miss having the "11" on the back of the shirt (at least the one available for pre-order).

The One X repped this.
  21. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    This is something that bothers me with soccer, these professional teams all just use template uniforms. These teams should be using their own unique designs instead of just using the same thing as everyone else with just slightly different colors.

22. newtex

newtex Member+

May 25, 2005
    Houston
    Club:
    Houston Dynamo
    The current MLS system of a two-year life span on shirts with new primary and secondary coming in alternate years isn't too bad. Still obviously mostly to sell more shirts but at least there isn't a new primary every year.

23. JDogindy

JDogindy Member

Nov 20, 2014
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So... are we going to do something besides draw this season?

24. BTL97

BTL97 Member

Apr 25, 2014
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  25. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    With all the injuries we have had these were necessary.

BTL97 repped this.