Indy Eleven NPSL discussion

Discussion in 'Indy Eleven' started by USAsports6, Dec 9, 2015.

1. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Otis Campbell

Otis Campbell Member

Jan 17, 2014
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC
    It would appear that this venture is dead.....

3. jeffcoop

jeffcoop BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 11, 2006
    Central Indiana
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A shame. It's been pretty clear that Indy has been paring back on expenses--no spring trip to Arizona this year--so not a huge surprise.

4. stphnsn

stphnsn Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    this doesn't bode well for a run at mls, does it? you'd think they would want to show they're expanding the club's reach rather than retracting if they're serious about moving up.

jeffcoop repped this.
  5. The One X

The One X Member+

Sep 9, 2014
    Indiana
    Club:
    Indy Eleven
    Agreed, although financially it never really made sense to have an NPSL and NASL in Indy. Might have worked out better if the team was in Ft. Wayne.

6. Otergod

Otergod Member+

Sep 20, 2007
    indianapolis
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, unless we house our Reserve team in a different city, Indy better get used to having 2 different division clubs residing here (assuming we get the MLS bid). Saying that, we could easily have the USL side reside in Fort Wayne or South Bend and it could expand the brand (potentially scouting for academy as well), but I'd rather have them play a bit closer to home (readily available for the coaching staff to keep an eye on)

Overall, the team could have been successful even with the NASL side playing downtown. If heavily marketed to youth clubs, the price alone should have been an easy sale. Their games were mainly on Friday's, so less likely to compete with matches. $25 for 8 game season ticket ($40 for 8 and scarf), i nearly bought a handful, but my summer got the best of me (even conflicting with Indy Seniors matches).

7. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    nor any other minor-league soccer team either:

https://www.soctakes.com/2018/08/16/old-bhoys-lessons-learned/

story by Old Bhoys SC owner and general manager Andy Hayes:

I expected to lose money with this project, but was not prepared for the actual results. In the “good” column, we were very close with our cost/expenses forecast! In the “bad” column, we lost way more $$$…